Multiple Virtual Machines with GPU throughput, 1 GPU

YouFancyMe

Hello,

I have a specific use case for multiple VMs that are able to make use of the same GPU.

I do not require particularly high performance (but more than the usual CPU virtualization provides) on each VM. In terms of OS, the VMs OS don't really matter. Host OS to be Win10 would be great but not necessary.

*I do have multiple NVidia GPUs (1070, 1060, 1050ti, 960) so host could have a seperate GPU.

Now my question: Is there any program or combination of programs that could achieve this?

Any help is much appreciated, thank you in advance!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the only downside of this is you can only have Windows running in virtual machines, since effectively what you're doing is driver sharing, not really pass-through.

If you want to have another OS in the VM, you can use the vGPU unlock script, which that guy also has a tutorial for how to use, but the only GPU you can use with that would be the 1070 (only higher end GPUs work with it)

Edited by RONOTHAN##

30 minutes ago, YouFancyMe said:

Hello,

I have a specific use case for multiple VMs that are able to make use of the same GPU.

I do not require particularly high performance (but more than the usual CPU virtualization provides) on each VM. In terms of OS, the VMs OS don't really matter. Host OS to be Win10 would be great but not necessary.

*I do have multiple NVidia GPUs (1070, 1060, 1050ti, 960) so host could have a seperate GPU.

Now my question: Is there any program or combination of programs that could achieve this?

Any help is much appreciated, thank you in advance!

Yep, it's pretty easy on windows with hyper-v and GPU-P:

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/2-gamers-1-gpu-with-hyper-v-gpu-p-gpu-partitioning-finally-made-possible-with-hyperv/172234

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

• 3 weeks later...

Have you looked into using Aster? It allows running multiple systems off a single GPU but you don't have to worry about or setup any virtual machines.

I wrote about the setup process in this thread:

I'm curious if it solves your problem. While I have 2 GPUs in my system, from my testing earlier today, I was able to get multiple games running off a single GTX 1080 Ti.