Best card games with ONLY a pack of cards for a group

The Torrent

No poker chips or anything like that, and its hard to really play 3 card brag or something without betting any chips or anything so that kinda sucks.. Just a standard deck of cards.

Whats your favorite card games to play with a few others?

Euchre is a great card game with 4 people and a single deck of cards. Cribbage is another great one too. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Could be unusual, but I've played poker without bets, or bets like cleaning dishes 😄 

EVGA X299 Micro, i7-7820X, 16GB GoodRAM IRDM X, PNY RTX 2070 Super, 1x Adata S70 Blade 512GB, 1x MX500 1TB, 1x BX200 480GB, Thermaltake Smart SE 630W, Phanteks Enthoo Pro

15 hours ago, The Torrent said:

Whats your favorite card games to play with a few others?

If you want something fun, simple and short: Mau-Mau.

Essentially it is a card shedding game, belongs to the same family as Uno, you are probably already familiar with how that game works.
It can be played with just 2 players, but it is better with 3 - 5 players.
There are a few variants out there:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mau-Mau_(card_game)

Black Lady can be fun also, it is known under many other names, for 3 - 6 players:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lady

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

I don't play card games so I can't attest to how good they are, but Shut Up and Sit Down (youtube channel that does board game reviews) has a play list with a bunch of "card games that don't suck", which are games meant to be played with a standard deck of cards.

On 9/16/2021 at 2:00 PM, Skiiwee29 said:

Euchre is a great card game with 4 people and a single deck of cards. Cribbage is another great one too. 

Euchre is my game! Grew up on it, and still love it. Though the wife says she doesn't get it no many how many times I've tried to teach her. Maybe it's just boring to her... 🤣

5600x/RTX 4080

“1. Never tell everything at once.” - Ken Venturi's Two Great Rules of Life

Well since you said "Standard deck of cards" - that rules out things like "Exploding Kittens", "Skipbo", "Dutch Blitz" and "The Great Dalmuti".

-Euchre is my go-to, but it seems to be an IN, IL, OH, MI thing.  Everywhere else, people look at me crosseyed.

-Spades is a backup, not quite as fun, but decent.

-Hearts is a bit complex, but can also be fun.

Apart from Euchre though, my fav is probably Rummy.  And it's far easier to teach than many other games.

Forget the standard deck and go with Cards Against Humanity or Uno.