Question about cooling for my GPU and case..

Doghen

I have a qeustion regarding cooling my GPU..

I have two top fans running at 1500rpm (and my 4 case fans at 1000rpm) thats good right?

But i want to add 2 (1000rpm) fans to the bottom for cooling my GPU.. but will my GPU benefit from it

or is 1000rpm not enough for blowing air into my GPU?

And is 1000rpm also good for case ventilation?

(Top fans are: BeQuiet Silent Wings 3, PWM High speed, they are a bit loud i think around 35-45Db)

(The bottom fans i want to add are BeQuiet Shadow Wings 2, they are really silent)

I hope somebody can help me out! :)

241975563_2922729031336605_6592181258254506652_n.jpg

241847619_402718211201359_6475840740049178963_n.jpg

Are you having GPU temp issues currently? If not then I wouldn't bother with more fans.

Additionally, RPM by itself is not useful for qualifying fan performance. Size and blade design are a major contributors as well. Most spec sheets list everything at 100 speed, which is also not as useful since fans are not typically run at full speed all the time. Especially case fans. 

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

8 hours ago, Doghen said:

I have a qeustion regarding cooling my GPU..

I have two top fans running at 1500rpm (and my 4 case fans at 1000rpm) thats good right?

But i want to add 2 (1000rpm) fans to the bottom for cooling my GPU.. but will my GPU benefit from it

or is 1000rpm not enough for blowing air into my GPU?

And is 1000rpm also good for case ventilation?

(Top fans are: BeQuiet Silent Wings 3, PWM High speed, they are a bit loud i think around 35-45Db)

(The bottom fans i want to add are BeQuiet Shadow Wings 2, they are really silent)

I hope somebody can help me out! 🙂

241975563_2922729031336605_6592181258254506652_n.jpg

241847619_402718211201359_6475840740049178963_n.jpg

just take the top fans from the top and add them to the bottom. they dont do much at the top. the top front fan will steal air away from the cpu cooler making it worse

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

ya im just guessing based off the info i still dont no what case and what fans are in the front. but if you got air form the front and its a tower cooler the top fans dont do much. posably the back top fan intake might reduce vrm temps but that about it but i think it migh mess with the cpu cooler exhust. and posably push the gpu hot air back down to the gpu to re suck in making the gpu hotter.

i also dont no what the temps are or if there even bad.  dont no what gpu is.

all i get is some fans air louder and gpu might be hot?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya im just guessing based off the info i still dont no what case and what fans are in the front. but if you got air form the front and its a tower cooler the top fans dont do much. posably the back top fan intake might reduce vrm temps but that about it but i think it migh mess with the cpu cooler exhust. and posably push the gpu hot air back down to the gpu to re suck in making the gpu hotter.

i also dont no what the temps are or if there even bad.  dont no what gpu is.

all i get is some fans air louder and gpu might be hot?

I have the Zalman M3 Plus Midi Tower it has 3 front fans and 1 exhaust..

My top fans are also Exhaust, and without the bottom fans i see (3-5° celcius) drop when i added the top fans

and my CPU always stays 47° Degrees while Gaming (Rust, GTAV, COD..) without the top fans it was always 55-60° Degrees

My CPU cooler is a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO..

and im using the Thermaltake Commander FP (Fan-Hub) for my 2 fans..

and the (case stock fans) 1000RPM, Max Airflow 33.5CFM, Air pressure 1.17mm H20. 

6 hours ago, Doghen said:

I have the Zalman M3 Plus Midi Tower it has 3 front fans and 1 exhaust..

My top fans are also Exhaust, and without the bottom fans i see (3-5° celcius) drop when i added the top fans

and my CPU always stays 47° Degrees while Gaming (Rust, GTAV, COD..) without the top fans it was always 55-60° Degrees

My CPU cooler is a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO..

and im using the Thermaltake Commander FP (Fan-Hub) for my 2 fans..

and the (case stock fans) 1000RPM, Max Airflow 33.5CFM, Air pressure 1.17mm H20. 

and whats the gpu temp? 55-60 is not hot...

the case fans are probably crap probably so the top back fan dose something. i bet if you move 1 top fan to the back and remove all the top fans you see the same  temps.

hears what i would try. the be-quite fans one in the front top intake, one in the back exhaust and put the other 2 fans on the bottom as intake.

On 9/16/2021 at 4:16 PM, thrasher_565 said:

and whats the gpu temp? 55-60 is not hot...

the case fans are probably crap probably so the top back fan dose something. i bet if you move 1 top fan to the back and remove all the top fans you see the same  temps.

hears what i would try. the be-quite fans one in the front top intake, one in the back exhaust and put the other 2 fans on the bottom as intake.

The temps i've mentioned are pretty good for air cooling right?

The temps without the top fans from bequiet are quitte the same but a bit higher (+3 celcius higher) 

These are pretty good temps right?

and yeah the case fans (stock fans) are a bit crappy but they do a really good job at cooling..

(sorry for late response, i was busy)

image.png.81b6f825658a8421ba413c4cc31484f2.png

Did you try it with only 1 top exhaust fan at the back?

I couldn't find any pictures of what the basement shroud looked like, but usually mounting fans on top of lower case chamber is not considered a significant difference from most designs of what I have seen on Gamers Nexus videos.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W