Enclosure for a laptop mobo

I have recently disassembled my Dell XPS 15 L502X and i have disconnected the display and keyboard for repurposing.

Due to this the innards are exposed and i plan on repurposing it into a HTPC but i would prefer having it in an enclosure that would be soooo much easier to work in.

But I am unaware of any such enclosure or even if one exists in the first place.

The reason i dont want to use the current chassis is beacause the DC power connector is loose and i don't to disassmeble the damn thing everytime it doesn't turn on.

also a corner chipped off and could be a direct pathway for debris and liquid so yeah.

Any help with such an enclosure would be greatly appreciated.

1 option that have thought of and turns out be a thing is 3D printing. I don't own a 3D printer and probably never will but a quick google search shows there a3D printing firms that will do the job.

heck i can even askthem to the measuring for me and shit.

But i'd rather not have to resort to that unless there is such an enclosure or said enclosure is too expensive.

PC: Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200mhz RAM (8GBx2), Gigabyte B550M DS3H, GTX 1050 2GB, 650W Semi-Modular PSU80+ Gold

Phone: Poco F3 8GB + 256GB

Audio: Samson SR850s

Sound Card: SoundBlaster Play 4 USB sound card

IEM: planning to get the KBEAR KS2s
Please be patient with me, I'm fatally dumb and its honestly a miracle I've made it this far

it would be easier to just fix the power jack than it would be to build an entirely new enclosure

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

13 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Why not just reuse the bottom part of the laptop? all you need to do is create a lid

21 minutes ago, Hassan170 said:

The reason i dont want to use the current chassis is beacause the DC power connector is loose and i don't to disassmeble the damn thing everytime it doesn't turn on.

also a corner chipped off and could be a direct pathway for debris and liquid so yeah.

Mainly for convenience's sake.

I guess all i really need to do would be to re-seat the DC power input and patch up the chipped off corner.

Maybe have it sit on its side perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Arika S said:

it would be easier to just fix the power jack than it would be to build an entirely new enclosure

sigh time to unscrew 20 something screws welp i can at least try and see if the damn thing is still alive first.

PC: Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200mhz RAM (8GBx2), Gigabyte B550M DS3H, GTX 1050 2GB, 650W Semi-Modular PSU80+ Gold

Phone: Poco F3 8GB + 256GB

Audio: Samson SR850s

Sound Card: SoundBlaster Play 4 USB sound card

IEM: planning to get the KBEAR KS2s
Please be patient with me, I'm fatally dumb and its honestly a miracle I've made it this far