5600g on Aliexpress - How to know if it's safe

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003162542467.html

So this is going for WAY cheaper on Aliexpress and apparently it's all legit, but I'm still doubtful. What if it's a 10 year old CPU he just altered the identifiers of to trick the motherboard into thinking it's a 5600g? The average user won't know how to check. The seller is legit and the reviews are great. Can anyone think of a reason not to buy?

Thanks.

Cheaper on Aliexpress compared to where?

Showing $259 USD for me on Ali and the exact same on Newegg. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

never trust aliexpress items with low order counts even if its seller has high scores

there is a lot of ways to fake those if you check a more famous sellers for this cpus you'll find the price is actually 303.88 to 298.88 without a box and 318.03 with a box

image.thumb.png.dbd48cc36d859d0affd53e9d1b593990.png

Just now, Middcore said:

Cheaper on Aliexpress compared to where?

Showing $259 USD for me on Ali and the exact same on Newegg. 

I can't buy from Amazon or Newegg, I'm in Brazil. On Amazon I'll be paying over 500 USD.

1 minute ago, ronaldrios said:

I can't buy from Amazon or Newegg, I'm in Brazil. On Amazon I'll be paying over 500 USD.

I'm on a similar situation as you and the problem is that sometimes aliexpress items gets caught by customs for example in my country if the cost is higher than 125usd not what the rules in brazil

Just now, Gorou92 said:

I'm on a similar situation as you and the problem is that sometimes aliexpress items gets caught by customs for example in my country if the cost is higher than 125usd not what the rules in brazil

We don't really have that problem with customs, the only problem is finding out if that CPU is safe or not. Could be some Athlon from 2005.

2 minutes ago, ronaldrios said:

We don't really have that problem with customs, the only problem is finding out if that CPU is safe or not. Could be some Athlon from 2005.

then it would be safer to buy it from the seller with the higher orders count in my opinion if you want to be careful

Just now, Gorou92 said:

then it would be safer to buy it from the seller with the higher orders count in my opinion if you want to be careful

I could pay 288.56USD on Ali and hope it's real or 400USD on Amazon Brazil. Tough choice.

24 minutes ago, ronaldrios said:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003162542467.html

So this is going for WAY cheaper on Aliexpress and apparently it's all legit, but I'm still doubtful. What if it's a 10 year old CPU he just altered the identifiers of to trick the motherboard into thinking it's a 5600g? The average user won't know how to check. The seller is legit and the reviews are great. Can anyone think of a reason not to buy?

Thanks.

If its a 10 year old CPU it wont even POST on a motherboard designed for a 5600G.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

1 minute ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

If its a 10 year old CPU it wont even POST on a motherboard designed for a 5600G.

he said a 10 year old cpu just as hyperbole but it can be a cheap athlon like 200ge

I've bought quite a few CPU's from Aliexpress and never had an issue. I've used SZCPU specifically a few times. There is customer protection just like ebay. You might ofcourse get unlucky, but pick a seller that deals in a lot of CPU's and i'm sure you'll be fine.