32gb of ram but only 15.9 usable

Sliff

@Skiiwee29 Should just sent back the ram and get the money back to as well have money for a new motherboard. Does the B550 Tuf Gaming Plus support older cpu's like the ryzen 7 2700x?

Just now, Sliff said:

@Skiiwee29 Should just sent back the ram and get the money back to as well have money for a new motherboard. Does the B550 Tuf Gaming Plus support older cpu's like the ryzen 7 2700x?

Do you need 32gb? Probably not unless you do video editing and renderings and animations that can take advantage of it. Yes, the B550 fully supports the 2700x. Do note, you will NOT have PCIE Gen 4 or PBO2 as an option with a 2000 series CPU. Those are only available on 5000 series. 

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-GAMING-B550-PLUS/HelpDesk_CPU/

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

Do you need 32gb? Probably not unless you do video editing and renderings and animations that can take advantage of it. Yes, the B550 fully supports the 2700x. Do note, you will NOT have PCIE Gen 4 or PBO2 as an option with a 2000 series CPU. Those are only available on 5000 series. 

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-GAMING-B550-PLUS/HelpDesk_CPU/

Oh i wasn't gonna use it fully with my 2700x just until i could afford the Ryzen 7 5800x 😄 
And prob not in need of 32gb tbh i just wanted it bc i have a lot of tabs open in my browser when i do stuff and sometimes game at the same time "Like 80+ tabs" 😄

5 minutes ago, Sliff said:

Oh i wasn't gonna use it fully with my 2700x just until i could afford the Ryzen 7 5800x 😄 
And prob not in need of 32gb tbh i just wanted it bc i have a lot of tabs open in my browser when i do stuff and sometimes game at the same time "Like 80+ tabs" 😄

even then you should be fine truthfully, if not.. I would suggest and recommend keeping the tabs closed 😛 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

even then you should be fine truthfully, if not.. I would suggest and recommend keeping the tabs closed 😛 

I normally do close them when i play but i see slight lag in game when i have my opera GX open but as well not like i have the best pc for that rn but i think i will stick with the 16gb ram and i will try and see if my current ram fits on that mb you recommended. I as well can't seem to see that it will support the ryzen 7 2700x on their website

5 minutes ago, Sliff said:

I normally do close them when i play but i see slight lag in game when i have my opera GX open but as well not like i have the best pc for that rn but i think i will stick with the 16gb ram and i will try and see if my current ram fits on that mb you recommended. I as well can't seem to see that it will support the ryzen 7 2700x on their website

oh wow, oversight on my part.. yea, you're right.. the B550 series boards don't support 1st gen or Zen+ CPUs, needs to be a 3000 series or newer. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

12 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

oh wow, oversight on my part.. yea, you're right.. the B550 series boards don't support 1st gen or Zen+ CPUs, needs to be a 3000 series or newer. 

Yeah exactly. I will just send my ram back and buy the motherboard and whenever i can afford it next month ima buy a CPU and ram just trying to find the right ram for that motherboard apparently not easy when google is giving me the wrong ram's whenever i type the part no.
Finally found some and 3200mhz is fine not really gonna change much is it? But they are 32gb and same price for what i gave for my current ram.

Hi,

Before you go and buy a new motherboard, maybe you can check the Gigabyte BIOS page. I have noticed that there is F62b version of BIOS available and according to the comment, it seems they fix memory compatibility issue. Have a look: https://www.gigabyte.com/my/Motherboard/X470-AORUS-ULTRA-GAMING-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

They just recently release this BIOS (at 6th of September 2021).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chiyawa

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

11 minutes ago, Chiyawa said:

Hi,

Before you go and buy a new motherboard, maybe you can check the Gigabyte BIOS page. I have noticed that there is F62b version of BIOS available and according to the comment, it seems they fix memory compatibility issue. Have a look: https://www.gigabyte.com/my/Motherboard/X470-AORUS-ULTRA-GAMING-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chiyawa

Thanks. I will try and update my bios and see if that hopefully fixes it. 

18 minutes ago, Chiyawa said:

Hi,

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chiyawa

That sadly did not fix it still the same issue 😞

51 minutes ago, Sliff said:

That sadly did not fix it still the same issue 😞

I see. Maybe you can try an older version of BIOS. Gigabyte is known to screw up their BIOS recently. I have Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro WiFi, and with their latest BIOS, my PC case Power LED would light up after 30 minutes of full shutdown. Worse is they screw and make Microsoft Hyper-V so unstable that I have to disabled it. The older BIOS screw up AMD fTPM as well, although they fixed it, but new problem arises.

Anyway, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your system.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

56 minutes ago, Chiyawa said:

I see. Maybe you can try an older version of BIOS. Gigabyte is known to screw up their BIOS recently. I have Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro WiFi, and with their latest BIOS, my PC case Power LED would light up after 30 minutes of full shutdown. Worse is they screw and make Microsoft Hyper-V so unstable that I have to disabled it. The older BIOS screw up AMD fTPM as well, although they fixed it, but new problem arises.

Anyway, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your system.

At this point I've tried it all. And I have come to the conclusion just to get new of everything. Was gonna get new stuff anyway. 

As well when I activate XMP it turns on and then off a couple times before it actually boots 

• 11 months later...
On 9/9/2021 at 2:54 PM, Sliff said:

At this point I've tried it all. And I have come to the conclusion just to get new of everything. Was gonna get new stuff anyway. 

As well when I activate XMP it turns on and then off a couple times before it actually boots 

Hello,

I've been reading all the discussion. Did you have a chance to check the memory in other computer? I assume that your motherboard is not reading the RAM properly, I got same issue with a MB MSI B450M Pro VHD-Max and it was giving me the same error you got (check my screenshot), but when I tested the RAM (4x8GB Corsair 3000MHz) in a MB ASUS B450-F Gaming II it works properly. 

I mean, it should be the MotherBoard, I was not able to solve my issue with the MSI so I already assumed it was the MB from facture who does not support this feature as it's a low cost one...

image.png.cde2d19ac12b0345c91ea1c503562820.png

• 5 months later...

The exact same problem happened on my PC with MSI x470 Gaming Plus Motherboard, 32GB (4x8GB) of Corsair Vengeance CL16 3000MGHz.

I've also dug around and tried the common recommend solutions like msconfig or reseating the RAM DIMMs or CPU to no avail. Also, XMP profiles don't seem to work and the 15,9GB of usable RAM speed stay at around 2600MGHz.

17 minutes ago, Rexie said:

The exact same problem happened on my PC with MSI x470 Gaming Plus Motherboard, 32GB (4x8GB) of Corsair Vengeance CL16 3000MGHz.

I've also dug around and tried the common recommend solutions like msconfig or reseating the RAM DIMMs or CPU to no avail. Also, XMP profiles don't seem to work and the 15,9GB of usable RAM speed stay at around 2600MGHz.

Sounds like another issue between Corsair RAM and Ryzen.
However that's not a guaranteed thing - It could be your board or chip has lost a channel too.
Just make sure the sticks are fully seated and that the slots themselves for the sticks are clean too. If you have to, use the other channel/side of your RAM slots to be sure it's not an issue with a stick being bad/dead. If your using all four RAM slots then it could be a dead channel on the board or CPU.

However don't be suprised if it's just another example of Corsair and Ryzen not liking each other, too many proven instances of it before for it to simply be dismissed out of hand.
If that turns out the be the problem go with G. Skill or a similar quality make.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.