Need help to revisit Skyrim

kitnoman

So I haven't played Skyrim for years now. I played it like more than 60hrs but haven't really finished the main story, so I would like to play it again. However since I have the old version, I'm getting physic errors as I'm using a 165hz monitor. I tried googling it but is there a way to lock the framerates to 60fps just for skyrim? I find it really tedious to change the framerates from 60 to 165 and back every time I run skyrim.

Skyrim should automatically lock to 60 FPS, IIRC

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

11 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Skyrim should automatically lock to 60 FPS, IIRC

Nope, it really does goes go up to 165fps for me. I have the unlisted version in steam, if that would help.

4 minutes ago, kitnoman said:

Nope, it really does goes go up to 165fps for me. I have the unlisted version in steam, if that would help.

I remember the older version of Skyrim would simply run at whatever framerate your monitor was at; Special Edition forces it down to 60. Not sure how to force it in the other version, I had a button on my monitor that could cycle through 60, 90 and 120Hz so I just did that prior to SE coming out

TUF GT501 | Ryzen 5600X | 32GB RAM | 480GB SSD | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | TUF X570 Pro

3 minutes ago, v0id said:

I remember the older version of Skyrim would simply run at whatever framerate your monitor was at; Special Edition forces it down to 60. Not sure how to force it in the other version, I had a button on my monitor that could cycle through 60, 90 and 120Hz so I just did that prior to SE coming out

really I don't want to buy the special edition since I already have the old one. But I actually found a fix now, it seems its in the nvidia control panel all this time. Wasted like 5hrs of googling about mods and fixes when nvidia has the feature already. Good to know. Anyway thanks.  

image.png.31d5e6058b150eac34cfc03dc1ecb0a2.png