Moving into smaller apartment and I want to downsize my case...

The_Other_Cody

I am moving into a smaller apartment and was wanted to go from full tower to a considerably smaller case. I currently have an atx board with blower 1070ti in a first Gen Phanteks Enthoo Evolv case and wanted to downsize for space constraints.

Recommendations welcome for a case that won't require to switch motherboard or other components?

Update: I apprecaite the recommendations. I don't think those cases will work but it helped get me to the case I am planning on using so all the help is appreciated!!! I'm going to go with Cooler Master Q500L and load it up with top/bottom fans to accomadate for bad front air flow due to PSU placement.

Edited by The_Other_Cody

23 minutes ago, The_Other_Cody said:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv

The current version of the Panteks Enthoo Evolv ATX has 59.33 liters of volume (235x495x510 mm WxHxL)

The Fractal Design Define R7 Compact has 42.5 liters of volume (210x474x427 WxHxL)
I mean... ATX size is still ATX size but it's smaller.

The most compact case would be the Jonsbo RM2, but there is not much space for fans or airflow.

My build:

CPU

Intel Core i7 9700 8x 3.00GHz So.1151

CPU cooler

be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim

Motherboard

MSI B360-A PRO Intel B360 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX

RAM

16GB (4x 4096MB) HyperX FURY black DDR4-2666

GPU

8GB Gigabyte GeForce RTX2070 WindForce 2X 3xDP/HDMI

SSD

500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 2280

HDD

4000GB WD Red WD40EFRX Intellipower 64MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 6Gb/s

Power Supply

bequiet! Straight Power 750W Platinum

Case

Fractal Design Define R6
3x bequiet! Silent Wings 3 PWM

If you want the thermaltake core g3 could work. You also have the riotoro cr 1088 and cr 1080 if you want to keep things normal. All have pretty good airflow.

21 minutes ago, suedseefrucht said:

The Fractal Design Define R7 Compact has 42.5 liters of volume (210x474x427 WxHxL)

The airflow sucks in that case causing the fans to work harder defeating the entire purpose of the silencing materials in the case.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The airflow sucks in that case causing the fans to work harder defeating the entire purpose of the silencing materials in the case.

Thanks for your opinion. I'm using the Define R6, I don't hear my fans and my temps are fine. The pupose of the silencing materials is to absorb my HDD's noise.

My build:

CPU

Intel Core i7 9700 8x 3.00GHz So.1151

CPU cooler

be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim

Motherboard

MSI B360-A PRO Intel B360 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX

RAM

16GB (4x 4096MB) HyperX FURY black DDR4-2666

GPU

8GB Gigabyte GeForce RTX2070 WindForce 2X 3xDP/HDMI

SSD

500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 2280

HDD

4000GB WD Red WD40EFRX Intellipower 64MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 6Gb/s

Power Supply

bequiet! Straight Power 750W Platinum

Case

Fractal Design Define R6
3x bequiet! Silent Wings 3 PWM

1 hour ago, The_Other_Cody said:

I am moving into a smaller apartment and was wanted to go from full tower to a considerably smaller case. I currently have an atx board with blower 1070ti in a first Gen Phanteks Enthoo Evolv case and wanted to downsize for space constraints.

Recommendations welcome for a case that won't require to switch motherboard or other components?

I would look into the Cougar lineup. The Cougar MX410 Mesh G in particular. It is not super high-quality case, but most compact mid-towers aren't. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here