Gym junkie teen looking into pc building/gaming

JPN
Go to solution Solved by kamisis12,
27 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Why did you do B460 in both these builds? If you're going B460 may as well stick to 2666 ram or step up to B560.

If you go with @Ravendarat's list, here's a really good budget board. This looses out on PCIE to 1 slot for M.2, but if you go with their build you're not using it anyways. With games you won't be fully using PCIE 3.0 m.2 speeds let alone 4.0. Leaves $120 extra for peripherals or GPU.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/yKVG3C/msi-mpg-b550-gaming-plus-atx-am4-motherboard-mpg-b550-gaming-plus

If the part of AUS you live in is regularly hot you might leave the CPU cooler in anyways. The 5600x does come with one but depending on temperature in your house it might not be quite enough.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($398.77 @ JW Computers) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler  ($56.60 @ JW Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($179.00 @ Amazon Australia) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($228.28 @ Amazon Australia) 
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($135.00 @ Amazon Australia) 
Storage: Seagate IronWolf Pro 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($219.00 @ Device Deal) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB MECH 2X OC Video Card  ($1139.00 @ Umart) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($124.77 @ JW Computers) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.00 @ Amazon Australia) 
Total: $2639.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-31 02:19 AEST+1000

I went through and added some more budget friendly options. Cut the price back by $250ish. If you're not worried about RGB, the RAM is a huge cost savings. The CPU cooler is a little less. I changed the case to a different one. Case will come down to personal preference. 

Also, both of those cases(the Fractical and the 4000D) have fans slots that aren't filled from the factory. These are really good, relatively cheap non RGB fans.

I derped and didnt notice the 460/560 difference. Thanks for spotting it

here is the updated reasonable fart build. The price difference is negligible

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/MTwWgt

ıt also makes sense to splurge another 60 aud to get to an overclockable z590 mobo while getting a 10600k. Will post that here as well

z590 version https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/6TWk2V

Hey,

Hello people as you can tell by the title I am indeed a newbie to this computer stuff 🤣🤣, i have gained alot of interest in pc building and gaming.

I've never actually owned a pc or been a pc type of guy 🤣 but for this past few weeks (because of lockdown in Australia 😥) i have been wanting to build and own my own pc.

And I just wanted to know what kind of pc components you guys would recommend for a newbie like me.

(And Btw i am only 19 ahah so please don't recommend stuff I can't afford lol 🤣🤣.

Damn I wish I could grab a 3080 or a 3090 for a reasonable price damnn 😥😂😂)

Edit..

Hey guys sorry aha forgot to list my budget and what type of games i would be playing.

My budget is 4k (AUD) and thats including monitor , keyboard and mouse. Games I would probs be playing is COD, Fortnite and Counter strike. 

Thanks 

welcome to the fourms! whats your budget? be realistic, and if it makes a big difference, would you be able to make your budget a little more?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

What is your budget target and what kinda games do you wanna play. And when you list a budget is it gonna be just for the tower or for absolutely everything?

You're going to need a budget. Telling us your age means nothing. I knew 19 year olds making $150k a year.

Welcome to the forum.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, Ravendarat said:

What is your budget target and what kinda games do you wanna play. And when you list a budget is it gonna be just for the tower or for absolutely everything?

Thanks ,and for my budget is 4k (AUD) and the type of games i would play would be counter strike, COD and apex.

1 hour ago, adarw said:

welcome to the fourms! whats your budget? be realistic, and if it makes a big difference, would you be able to make your budget a little more?

Hello,

And yea my budget is 4k (AUD). Its just the hassle of trying to stay in the budget.

1 minute ago, JPN said:

Hello,

And yea my budget is 4k (AUD). Its just the hassle of trying to stay in the budget.

oh thats a very flexible budget. is the budget including the monitor, mouse and keyboard or is it just the tower?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

You're going to need a budget. Telling us your age means nothing. I knew 19 year olds making $150k a year.

Welcome to the forum.

Hey My budget is 4k (AUD) and damnn you know 19 year olds who make 150k a year that's impressive.

3 minutes ago, adarw said:

oh thats a very flexible budget. is the budget including the monitor, mouse and keyboard or is it just the tower?

Yeah that's including monitor, mouse and keyboard.

18 minutes ago, JPN said:

Thanks ,and for my budget is 4k (AUD) and the type of games i would play would be counter strike, COD and apex.

Also forgot to mention it's 4k including monitor, mouse and keyboard.  

Thanks.

Are you wanting to play games at 4k? I can tell you from experience its more worth while to play at 1440 from a fps per $ standpoint

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/4tGC7X

This is a starting point, its $27xx.00 for just the tower. You can pick out whatever you want for a monitor and keyboard and mouse then with whatever $$$ you have left over you can upgrade some of the parts. I used a 6700xt in that list as its relatively close to retail where as a 3060 was like $949 which is just stupid

31 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Are you wanting to play games at 4k? I can tell you from experience its more worth while to play at 1440 from a fps per $ standpoint

Yeah I'm going to deffs be playing at 1440.

Than later on will upgrade my components in the future.

31 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

This is a starting point, its $27xx.00 for just the tower. You can pick out whatever you want for a monitor and keyboard and mouse then with whatever $$$ you have left over you can upgrade some of the parts. I used a 6700xt in that list as its relatively close to retail where as a 3060 was like $949 which is just stupid

Thanks man  this actually very helpful will look onto it further.

1 hour ago, Ravendarat said:

This is a very solid build; I have some minor points to raise about it though.

1. I take it that you wont be overclocking even mediocrely. For this reason you could get a cheaper motherboard and also not buy an aftermarket cooler. Just use the one 5600x comes with. With new generation of mobos and cpus coming; I think that is more reasonable for someone who wont OC. If I were to buy an aftermarket cooler I would instead buy the arctic freezer esports duo model. Better cooling for the money.

2. maybe you could buy a cheaper cpu if you are being stingy. 5600x is the golden standard of cpus right now.  With the 6700xt you will be getting around 120 fps tops on apex legends. 60 fps on cyberpunk. Those numbers wont challenge the 5600x at all; so maybe you you could go for smth like a 10400f or a ryzen 3500x or 3600 instead. The 5600x will become relevant only when and if you have 240 hz screen. 

3. You may not need a hdd storage, you can always get it later if you start running out of space. I never ever exceed my 1 tb of space on my computer. You can take that out. 

4. I feel like we should also choose a monitor for you because it can REALLY make or brake the experience. It isnt only about the stats, the quality really matters. I dont know have lots of expertise on the subtle critical differences of monitors. But hardware unboxed aussie youtubers have sonre really great videos that will help you. 

ı will post the altered stingy sh*t build soon

Behold! Stingy fart build: (monitor included)

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/CgDWgt

the version with a better yet still cheaper cpu. I will call it the reasonable fart build:

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/M2qFRT

honestly I would get the reasonable fart build out of all 3 options

point of note:

ı suggest you pay more and get a curved 32 inch. A flat 32 inch is very annoying. I just put it there because of the sting. And also; I havent used that panel myself and I havent looked at its pro reviews. On partpicker it looked okay. Point: double check the screen

1 hour ago, kamisis12 said:

1. I take it that you wont be overclocking even mediocrely. For this reason you could get a cheaper motherboard and also not buy an aftermarket cooler. Just use the one 5600x comes with. With new generation of mobos and cpus coming; I think that is more reasonable for someone who wont OC. If I were to buy an aftermarket cooler I would instead buy the arctic freezer esports duo model. Better cooling for the money.

2. maybe you could buy a cheaper cpu if you are being stingy. 5600x is the golden standard of cpus right now.  With the 6700xt you will be getting around 120 fps tops on apex legends. 60 fps on cyberpunk. Those numbers wont challenge the 5600x at all; so maybe you you could go for smth like a 10400f or a ryzen 3500x or 3600 instead. The 5600x will become relevant only when and if you have 240 hz screen. 

3. You may not need a hdd storage, you can always get it later if you start running out of space. I never ever exceed my 1 tb of space on my computer. You can take that out. 

4. I feel like we should also choose a monitor for you because it can REALLY make or brake the experience. It isnt only about the stats, the quality really matters. I dont know have lots of expertise on the subtle critical differences of monitors. But hardware unboxed aussie youtubers have sonre really great videos that will help you. 

Thanks for the tips!! 

43 minutes ago, kamisis12 said:

Behold! Stingy fart build: (monitor included)

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/CgDWgt

the version with a better yet still cheaper cpu. I will call it the reasonable fart build:

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/M2qFRT

honestly I would get the reasonable fart build out of all 3 options

point of note:

ı suggest you pay more and get a curved 32 inch. A flat 32 inch is very annoying. I just put it there because of the sting. And also; I havent used that panel myself and I havent looked at its pro reviews. On partpicker it looked okay. Point: double check the screen

Yooooooo thanks and ahah next time hopefully I have more money to spend.

But thanks for tips and help I will look into it!!

25 minutes ago, kamisis12 said:

@JPN Could you update us on what build you end up buying. Me curious

Yeah for sure !!

8 hours ago, kamisis12 said:

I put the 6700xt in as a place holder till he figured out what monitor he was going with, I kinda hope we can fit a better GPU in  once he picks out a monitor and peripherals but that was a worst case scenario. As for the cooler, I honestly just forgot that the 5600 still came with a cooler, that one is definitely sufficient and hence I agree about ditching the cooler. 1tb in my experience is NOT enough for most people. Its great that you havent exceeded it but for anyone I know that doesnt use a NAS or cloud storage 1tb runs out pretty quick, especially with him say he wants to play COD, which in itself chews up a lot of storage. The spinning drive is taking up very little of his budget, id suggest leaving it in. As for the mobo, I admit there are definitely cheaper options that will work, I just went with that one because I know its solid but ya, he can find cheaper if needed.

You can go for something like this:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700KF 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($429.00 @ Scorptec) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($189.00 @ Scorptec) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z590 Steel Legend ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($259.00 @ Scorptec) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($249.00 @ Scorptec) 
Storage: Western Digital SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($199.00 @ Scorptec) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB XC3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card  ($1699.00 @ Scorptec) 
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  ($155.00 @ Scorptec) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($179.00 @ Scorptec) 
Monitor: AOC CQ27G2 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  ($409.00 @ Scorptec) 
Keyboard: Corsair K68 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($159.00 @ Scorptec) 
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder V2 Wired Optical Mouse  ($109.00 @ Scorptec) 
Total: $4035.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-31 01:57 AEST+1000

Normally, I wouldn't recommend 4K monitors unless you're okay with always getting the newest high end GPU just to keep up. 10700 (non-K) is normally what I would recommend for the most value CPU (not fastest), but doesn't seem to available in your area. You can change out the cooler with an air cooler. Something like the Noctua NH-U12S or Scythe Fuma 2 are good options. You can also add in more storage as Ravendarat said, 1 TB is a bit tight for today's games.

8 hours ago, kamisis12 said:

Why did you do B460 in both these builds? If you're going B460 may as well stick to 2666 ram or step up to B560.

7 hours ago, JPN said:

Yooooooo thanks and ahah next time hopefully I have more money to spend.

If you go with @Ravendarat's list, here's a really good budget board. This looses out on PCIE to 1 slot for M.2, but if you go with their build you're not using it anyways. With games you won't be fully using PCIE 3.0 m.2 speeds let alone 4.0. Leaves $120 extra for peripherals or GPU.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/yKVG3C/msi-mpg-b550-gaming-plus-atx-am4-motherboard-mpg-b550-gaming-plus

If the part of AUS you live in is regularly hot you might leave the CPU cooler in anyways. The 5600x does come with one but depending on temperature in your house it might not be quite enough.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler  ($56.60 @ JW Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($179.00 @ Amazon Australia) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($228.28 @ Amazon Australia) 
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($135.00 @ Amazon Australia) 
Storage: Seagate IronWolf Pro 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($219.00 @ Device Deal) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB MECH 2X OC Video Card  ($1139.00 @ Umart) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.00 @ Amazon Australia) 

I went through and added some more budget friendly options. Cut the price back by $250ish. If you're not worried about RGB, the RAM is a huge cost savings. The CPU cooler is a little less. I changed the case to a different one. Case will come down to personal preference. 

Also, both of those cases(the Fractical and the 4000D) have fans slots that aren't filled from the factory. These are really good, relatively cheap non RGB fans.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tb, CORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

27 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

PCPartPicker Part List

I derped and didnt notice the 460/560 difference. Thanks for spotting it

here is the updated reasonable fart build. The price difference is negligible

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/MTwWgt

ıt also makes sense to splurge another 60 aud to get to an overclockable z590 mobo while getting a 10600k. Will post that here as well

z590 version https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/6TWk2V