Motherboard w/soldered CPU

da na
Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,

Newegg has a category under motherboards for embedded solutions: 

https://www.newegg.com/Embedded-Solutions/SubCategory/ID-446?Tid=7623

Is there a technical term for a motherboard with a soldered CPU? Basically a laptop MB in an ITX/MATX format. I need one for an embedded application and don't need too powerful of a board - BioStar has an FX-9000 one I am looking at but I wanted to look for alternatives.

Any help would be appreciated!

The general term is System on a chip (SoC), but this usually describes a completely integrated chip that you would find for laptop and mobile applications.

There are some ITX "SoC" boards, but it would be more accurate to just call them motherboards with integrated CPUs.

Typically called an embedded solution. 

Lots of Celeron solutions as they are lower power draw and these kind of solutions usually don't need high cpu use. 

Main Computer: CPU - Ryzen 5 5900x Cooler - NZXT Kraken x53  RAM - 32GB Corsairsrair Vengeance Pro GPU - Zotac RTX 3070 Case - Lian Li LanCool II RGB (White) Storage - 1TB Inland Premium M.2 SSD and 2x WD 2TB Black.

Backup Computer: CPU - Ryzen 7 3700x Cooler - CoolerMaster ML240 V2 RAM - 32GB G.Skill RipJaws GPU - Gigabyte GTX 1070 FE Case - Cougar QBX Storage - 500GB WD Black M.2 SSD 

See Newegg's "embedded" section, I've pre-filtered the list for you to ITX and mATX boards: Mini ITX,Thin Mini-ITX,Micro ATX Embedded Solutions | Newegg.com

There's also some boards oriented more towards development : HP,ASUS,NVIDIA Development Boards | Newegg.com

AsrockRack (Asrock servers and "not home user" division) makes some nice boards, some with soldered processors. See  asrockrack | Newegg.com  but this is only a few results, go to their website for a bigger selection

Also Asrock Industrial  (and other manufacturers  have "industrial" / "business" sections separate from main websites).. see  ASRock Industrial - Industrial & Embedded Motherboard

They can be a bit expensive though, because they often contain extra things like LVDS outputs (to attach lcd panels directly) and serial ports and lots of more "industrial" things. These boards are often used in advertising billboards, in various products... so can be pricey.