Possible to enable RGB on NZXT AER RGB 2 fans without connecting to Hue/X73?

Podgster

Hey,

I've recently switch to a custom loop build and thought I'd reuse my NZXT X73 AER RGB 2 fans just for extraction. I've daisy-chained them and connected the final 'OUT' cable to the SATA power. But I don't seem to be getting any LED lights at all. The fans spin fine though.

Is there any way to control these fans LEDs? Even if it's with a third party piece of software?

Is there an RGB header you connected to your motherboard?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

3 hours ago, OddOod said:

Is there an RGB header you connected to your motherboard?

Unfortunately not, it has some proprietary connection that ultimately feeds into the pump. I was wishfully thinking the SATA would be enough to at least default to some form of rainbow spiral which I would have been fine with. But I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and get some fan Y splitters and 2 new LL120's. 

6 hours ago, Podgster said:

Hey,

I've recently switch to a custom loop build and thought I'd reuse my NZXT X73 AER RGB 2 fans just for extraction. I've daisy-chained them and connected the final 'OUT' cable to the SATA power. But I don't seem to be getting any LED lights at all. The fans spin fine though.

Is there any way to control these fans LEDs? Even if it's with a third party piece of software?

https://www.amazon.ca/NZXT-RGB-Fan-Controller-AC-2RGBC-B1/dp/B082PM4K93/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=nzxt+controller&qid=1629916053&sr=8-1

i coudnt find an nzxt to mb adapter

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 8/25/2021 at 1:08 PM, Podgster said:

Unfortunately not

In that case, TLDR no, you're fucked. Sorry. Open source FTW.

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

9 hours ago, OddOod said:

In that case, TLDR no, you're fucked. Sorry. Open source FTW.

Open source would be a big dub.

No worries though, I just ordered some more LL120's with an extra RGB hub/Lighting Node Pro connected to my Commander Pro.