Optimal airflow/temperatures. AIO vs air

Kasenumi

Hi everyone

I currently have Be Quiet! Dark Base 700 case and a CPU cooler Cooler Master Masterliquid 360 RGB AIO with radiator on intake.

When playing a game and touching tempered glass side panel it's very hot as well as the temperature inside the case. Also my RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio seems to overheat because all heat from the radiator is pulled inside the case from the front mounted radiator and GPU temperature is higher than supposed to be.

My case has an option to mount radiator on exhaust on the front, but then I will need to permanently remove the front panel.

The only reasonable solution that I see is switching to a bulky tower air cooler, so CPU heat is pushed directly to the exhaust fan on the back of the case and 3 noctua case fans on front  intake to push cool air through the case.

Will for example Noctua NH D15 be a better solution for my case and GPU temperature? 

Also I am a bit afraid of a chance of AIO leak, sometimes I want to go outside or go to sleep and leave PC on and not think of broken GPU, buying a new CPU cooler is a lot cheaper than a new GPU and air cooler has 0% chance of leak. I bought this AIO because I liked the looks and just wanted some RGB elements. Now I don't care about looks, performance, safety and quality come first. 

Please give me some advice and thank you.

Case: Fractal Design Torrent;
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO 8GB;
RAM: G.Skill Flare X, DDR4, 16 GB,3200MHz, CL14;
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH D15;
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-AB350-GAMING 3;
PSU: be quiet! 700W PURE POWER 11CM 80+Gold;
SSD 1: SanDisk Extreme PRO 500GB PCIe x4 NVMe;
SSD 2: PLEXTOR PX-1TM9PeY 1TB SSD

Its more about the restriction to airflow than cpu heat. Try running the aio fans faster than needed for cpu temps if it is your only intake.

Flip the AIO fans to do top exhaust. CPU temps will go up a bit but it shouldn't throttle and that will help the GPU a lot.

Do you have any other fans in the system other than the stock 2? I'd try 1 bottom intake with the top mounted AIO as exhaust. Then try the rear fan as either intake or exhaust and see what temps do. Rear exhaust could help the GPU, rear intake could help the CPU.

I found a bottom intake helps the GPU a fair bit.

56 minutes ago, Demonic Donut said:

Flip the AIO fans to do top exhaust. CPU temps will go up a bit but it shouldn't throttle and that will help the GPU a lot.

Do you have any other fans in the system other than the stock 2? I'd try 1 bottom intake with the top mounted AIO as exhaust. Then try the rear fan as either intake or exhaust and see what temps do. Rear exhaust could help the GPU, rear intake could help the CPU.

I found a bottom intake helps the GPU a fair bit.

My case only has one place for exhaust on top. Right next to the rear exaust fan, picture with my case attached. So 3x 140mm fans would blow air from the case into the radiator to cool it down, but again I don't know if that would give any positive effect or improve temperatures. 

2x 140mm + 1x 120mm fans on intake in the front of the case.

3x 140 mm fans on the radiator.

1x 140 mm fan on the exhaust in rear of case.

Would such a setup improve anything? 

img_8886.jpg

Case: Fractal Design Torrent;
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO 8GB;
RAM: G.Skill Flare X, DDR4, 16 GB,3200MHz, CL14;
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH D15;
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-AB350-GAMING 3;
PSU: be quiet! 700W PURE POWER 11CM 80+Gold;
SSD 1: SanDisk Extreme PRO 500GB PCIe x4 NVMe;
SSD 2: PLEXTOR PX-1TM9PeY 1TB SSD

4 hours ago, Kasenumi said:

My case only has one place for exhaust on top. Right next to the rear exaust fan, picture with my case attached. So 3x 140mm fans would blow air from the case into the radiator to cool it down, but again I don't know if that would give any positive effect or improve temperatures. 

2x 140mm + 1x 120mm fans on intake in the front of the case.

3x 140 mm fans on the radiator.

1x 140 mm fan on the exhaust in rear of case.

Would such a setup improve anything? 

img_8886.jpg

new case imo

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Load temps?

What cpu are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.