The Apple Exit Strategy

Joshua5684
17 hours ago, Joshua5684 said:

If Mac gaming is good and I don't mind a don

I have a 2020 Intel MacBook Pro. Most of my steam library doesn’t work. I doubt the M1 Mac will do any better. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

18 hours ago, Joshua5684 said:

One of the pillars of Right to Repair is requiring manufactures to sell parts to consumers, so they don't have a monopoly on repair.

You're not "repairing". You're wanting to use something without buying it.

18 hours ago, Joshua5684 said:

Perhaps I am a thief, but this thief is willing to pay; they just aren't willing to sell.

"They wouldn't sell it to me so I took it."

No one's required to sell you stuff because you want it.

You can't take a car that you want because the person who has it won't sell it to you.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

5 hours ago, Video Beagle said:

You're not "repairing". You're wanting to use something without buying it.

"They wouldn't sell it to me so I took it."

No one's required to sell you stuff because you want it.

You can't take a car that you want because the person who has it won't sell it to you.

Whatever, man. You're in the minority here. LTT has made many videos about Hackintoshes. They do include a legal advisory, which is wise, but if they thought it was immoral, they wouldn't make the videos.

A company that makes hardware and software is inherently monopolistic. Do you like monopolies?

As I said, I don't think any company has the right to tell me how to use their product. Do you think a company has the right to tell you how to use their product?

Louis Rossmann and other repairmen purchase stolen parts and schematics. Do you think they should be punished?

Epic Games claims that Apple has monopolistic control of app distribution on iOS. Do you agree?

I don't know why I'm even indulging you. I'm looking for tech tips, not philosophy tips.

On 8/14/2021 at 6:56 AM, Video Beagle said:

Saying you're leaving Apple to set up a Hackintosh just makes you a thief and a hypocrite.

Thief?

hackintoshes are perfectly legal and avoid piracy if you own a Mac, which he does.

you have one os license. If you wipe macOS from the Mac and then Install the os on the hacintosh, you continue to use the on license you have.

you are violating apples Eula, but it’s not piracy. 

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Haven't seen anyone address your need to text/call from PC... just as an FYI you don't need a Samsung Phone, any Android 7.0 or later + Windows 10 can do it.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/27/21122396/your-phone-app-android-pc-calls-how-to-make-answer-windows-10-microsoft

I've been doing it for quite a while.

=====================================================================

On 8/14/2021 at 7:04 PM, Joshua5684 said:

Like I said, I'm not a professional. I wouldn't mind spending that much time getting it to work if I'm making major efficiencies in my computing department.

This, I really miss Logic Pro.

Still, a hackintosh will only help you bide a bit of time even if you do have a really successful build as Apple eventually ditch x86 totally.

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

• 2 weeks later...

Which actually makes more sense from a privacy standpoint. Instead of 1 company having all you're data, different companies have different parts. here's a handy little diagram with each color representing a different data collector:

image.png.776e0f08cc768b6e6e5a0051f0e92393.png

It makes more sense to split it up than giving 1 source everything.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I would go with an M1 Air or Pro for your school + music stuff, then upgrade your gaming PC later. 

You'll have gobs and gobs of battery life, still be able to use software you know, and Mac laptops are straight up easier to use over a windows laptop. from the perfect touchpads, to the GUI, windows laptops feel jenky in comparison when you're used to an apple device. 

Just my opinion, I DD both Macs and PC's. 

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |