AiO or Air cooler? (For me)

RedP

Hello guys, I just wanted to ask what cooler is better for me? I have a ryzen 5 5600x (planning to build) and I need a cooler. I will most likely be moving it around, not the post or airlines. And I also want recommendations for AiOs because I don't really know that much about them.

Edit: This post is mostly about transporting the pc. Not if one is better than the other ( i already know about that)

Edited by RedP
Clarification for the post

I mean I just got the Corsair H115i AIO and it performs great. Just needs a little more cable management.

Try these two videos to form your own conclusion:

Kind regards,

I wouldn't bother with an AIO. You won't need the extra cooling an AIO can potentially provide, and even though failures are mostly rare, nowadays, they can still happen. There's no need to even take the risk, if you don't need to. Even in the best of situations, they only have a 5-6 year life, as well, whereas as long as you can find hardware for newer sockets, an air cooler can potentially last forever.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

The stock cooler for the 5600X is nice and low profile so it will be a good cooler for in-transit use. Other low profile coolers like the Noctua NH-L9i and others in the Noctua family are lightweight and good for transporting a PC frequently.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

14 minutes ago, RedP said:

Hello guys, I just wanted to ask what cooler is better for me? I have a ryzen 5 5600x (planning to build) and I need a cooler. I will most likely be moving it around, not the post or airlines. And I also want recommendations for AiOs because I don't really know that much about them.

Dont bother with an aio as the above replies suggested

You most likeley arent even overclocking anyways so dont bother, and even if you do a 5600x isnt really that hot so a decent dual tower like a fuma 2 will keep it cool, and if you dont oc, an se 224 xt, freezer 34, any decent 4 heatpipe single tower will do just fine in terms of cooling the 5600x

(for you) stock cooler is best.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Chris Pratt said:

I wouldn't bother with an AIO. You won't need the extra cooling an AIO can potentially provide, and even though failures are mostly rare, nowadays, they can still happen. There's no need to even take the risk, if you don't need to. Even in the best of situations, they only have a 5-6 year life, as well, whereas as long as you can find hardware for newer sockets, an air cooler can potentially last forever.

What about transportation?

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Dont bother with an aio as the above replies suggested

You most likeley arent even overclocking anyways so dont bother, and even if you do a 5600x isnt really that hot so a decent dual tower like a fuma 2 will keep it cool, and if you dont oc, an se 224 xt, freezer 34, any decent 4 heatpipe single tower will do just fine in terms of cooling the 5600x

1 minute ago, RedP said:

If its a big heavy air cooler i think youll wanna take it off, but seeing as a 5600x will only need a decent 4 heatpipe singe tower to adequately cool it, you dont need to worry about transport

1 hour ago, RedP said:

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

If its a big heavy air cooler i think youll wanna take it off, but seeing as a 5600x will only need a decent 4 heatpipe singe tower to adequately cool it, you dont need to worry about transport

Honestly I moved a few times with my old system which has an NH-D15 in it and I never took it out. Just put your system on the side and make sure that it cannot move.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon