What happened to the NewEgg we all knew and loved?

XeeK52
3 hours ago, Mooshi said:

"That is lie and you know it."

I get the fruatration, but you were being a total Karen there. I used to work customer service for a major telecom and if something is out of stock, there is literally nothing a CSR can do about that.

Now personally, I wouldn't have offered you the $10 because it comes off as condescending. Had an issue with a Prime Day order with the cart and lost out hundreds of savings. Called CS and got offered a similar $10 gift card. That actually made me more angry and I declined before hanging up on them.

Not saying you're not allowed to be angry. I 100% get where you are coming from. But as someone who has done support for half a decade, you see things from both sides. First rep was doing standard protocol and in all honestly, may not have even been a tech enthusiast to know how scarce those GPUs are. The second also didn't do anything wrong. I've experienced atrocious support before and that is not what you posted. This boils down to a first world problem and taking out anger on people just doing their job.

Yeah it's a first world problem, but calling OP a karen? what?

I think their frustration is well justified as newegg wants them to go back into the shuffle. As for the "out of stock" situation, I really have doubts with their claims because newegg is selling GPU's in their ABS prebuilt systems, and someone recently found a loophole in the shuffle and was able to buy a card.

And I can see why newegg would rather sell overpriced pre-builts and force everyone else to wait in the shuffle, but its some awful customer service to send someone a used GPU in the first place, then tell the customer they don't have any available for RMA, when they likely have cards in a warehouse.

1 hour ago, adarw said:

i can see this side of the argument but they shouldve at least let him rma

Or at least a full refund and in front of the line in the GPU shuffle.

But the GPU shuffle is a joke imo, the only ones that have time to wait whenever newegg has a shuffle are the scalpers. I stopped buying anything particularly expensive on newegg after I bought a motherboard that got delivered so bent and destroyed it wasn't usable because newegg sucks at packing things, customer service didn't want to accept a return until i talked to them on the phone.

1 hour ago, Blademaster91 said:

Yeah it's a first world problem, but calling OP a karen? what?

I think their frustration is well justified as newegg wants them to go back into the shuffle. As for the "out of stock" situation, I really have doubts with their claims because newegg is selling GPU's in their ABS prebuilt systems, and someone recently found a loophole in the shuffle and was able to buy a card.

And I can see why newegg would rather sell overpriced pre-builts and force everyone else to wait in the shuffle, but its some awful customer service to send someone a used GPU in the first place, then tell the customer they don't have any available for RMA, when they likely have cards in a warehouse.

Bruh. This is no different than going up to someone who works at Wal-Mart and asking them to "check in the back" after being told repeatedly there is no inventory. 

No one is saying the frustration wasn't justified. I'm just being real. Also, CSRs aren't the ones in the warehouse packing/shipping anything, come on now. If any thing is to be blamed here it's not their customer service, but their distribution center.

Hey there Joshua, 

Please allow me to start by apologizing for the clear frustrations this experience has caused you. Unfortunately if an item is out of stock at the time an RMA is processed it will automatically default to a refund. We do our best to get our returns processed as soon as possible and sadly that does mean we do not have the option to keep an RMA on hold until stock is replenished. We try to get ahold of as many GPU's as we can, and we hope that production does start to pick up soon. But until then we can only suggest to keep entering our shuffles, this is our best way of trying to get these cards into the hands of our real customers. Please feel free to email us directly at community@newegg.com if you do have any additional questions and or concerns. 

Thank you, 

Eva [Newegg Support] 

On 8/11/2021 at 3:20 AM, TimsTips said:

OMG no. On Amazon you get a knock off or a return half the time. Order from B&H if you want service and real products. 

Never had a single issue with Amazon and I order stuff almost every week for years.

Your mileage may vary though.

On 8/11/2021 at 5:20 AM, TimsTips said:

OMG no. On Amazon you get a knock off or a return half the time. Order from B&H if you want service and real products. 

does b&h ship to canada?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#