Looking to replace stock cooler that came with my ryzen 5 5600x

Slowe

Hi I bought a prebuild gaming pc, for some reason it was cheaper to buy it prebuild then building it myself got to love the GPUmarket.

Anyway it came with the following specs:

NZXT H511

Gigabyte B550M DS3H

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler

HyperX Fury 16GB (3200MHz)

Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge

Now I heard that this cooler is not the best for this CPU so I'm looking to replace it with one under a 100 Euro's.

And since this is my first in time owning a pc I don't know what to get.

Do u guys have any recommendations that would fit in this pc, preferably in the color black and rgb would be nice but ofc not necessary 

TY

It really depends what fits the eye and what fits the case

there isnt a perfect choice but i would recommend going for a cheap but nice brand like coolermaster

also if you pick a rgb fan check if your motherboard had the connecter needed

5 minutes ago, Slowe said:

Hi I bought a prebuild gaming pc, for some reason it was cheaper to buy it prebuild then building it myself got to love the GPUmarket.

Anyway it came with the following specs:

NZXT H511

Gigabyte B550M DS3H

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler

HyperX Fury 16GB (3200MHz)

Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge

Now I heard that this cooler is not the best for this CPU so I'm looking to replace it with one under a 100 Euro's.

And since this is my first in time owning a pc I don't know what to get.

Do u guys have any recommendations that would fit in this pc, preferably in the color black and rgb would be nice but ofc not necessary 

TY

I use my 5600x with a Cooler Master Hyper 212 black edition, keeping it below 60°C at all times. I do have plenty of positive airflow.

You should be able to go up to 165mm height, so maybe a BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 (pro) would suit you, or a Noctua U12S/D15.

You could go liquid too, there are also a lot of options there. One general rule to keep in mind, is that 120mm radiators are wasted money and don't cool that well for the price compared to the same price air coolers. If you go liquid, 240mm radiators should be your target.

But one last question, do you think your current cooler is too loud/cpu too hot?

9 minutes ago, Slowe said:

Now I heard that this cooler is not the best for this CPU

what temperatures are you getting?

9 minutes ago, Slowe said:

Do u guys have any recommendations that would fit in this pc, preferably in the color black and rgb would be nice but ofc not necessary  /  I'm looking to replace it with one under a 100 Euro's

Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition would be the cheapest black + rgb cooler afaik

My Rig / Buildlogs:  ❄️ SNOWFLAKE ❄️ FROSTBITE ❄️

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600   Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum   RAM: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB @3200   Mobo: Asus Prime X470 Pro

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Aorus 2080super Waterforce    Case: Corsair 500D   PSU: Corsair HX850i

Storage: 500GB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 2x 1TB SATA SSD

Displays: AOC CQ32G1 32" 2560x1440, Acer XB280HK 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz, Medion MD20850 24" 2560x1440

Id-cooling se224xt, SilentiumPC Fera 5. Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 240/280 is nice too if you want to spend more.

The case just is not ideal for cooling gaming pc:s as quietly as possible so it will run a bit louder than necessary.

40 minutes ago, LauriHimself said:

what temperatures are you getting?

Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition would be the cheapest black + rgb cooler afaik

i get around 84 degrees celsius max

41 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Id-cooling se224xt, SilentiumPC Fera 5. Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 240/280 is nice too if you want to spend more.

The case just is not ideal for cooling gaming pc:s as quietly as possible so it will run a bit louder than necessary.

ah oke if i would get the artic would it be smart to front mount it?

2 minutes ago, Slowe said:

i get around 84 degrees celsius max

while gaming or when stresstesting?

My Rig / Buildlogs:  ❄️ SNOWFLAKE ❄️ FROSTBITE ❄️

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600   Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum   RAM: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB @3200   Mobo: Asus Prime X470 Pro

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Aorus 2080super Waterforce    Case: Corsair 500D   PSU: Corsair HX850i

Storage: 500GB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 2x 1TB SATA SSD

Displays: AOC CQ32G1 32" 2560x1440, Acer XB280HK 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz, Medion MD20850 24" 2560x1440