YOUR FAVOURITE PC GAME

Ayush008

Dead by daylight and rainbow six siege. I've played both every day I'm home for years. 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

The only pc game that i spend a lot of times on it is probably a cities skyline

01110100 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 00110111 00110000 00100000 01101001 01101110 01100011 01101000 00100000 01110000 01101100 01100001 01110011 01101101 01100001 00100000 01110011 01100011 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101110 00100000 01110100 01110110

Audio Interface I/O LIST v2

For PC at least it's gotta be a tie between Insurgency (and it's newer brother Insurgency Sandstorm) and Beam.NG. Conveniently enough I also have a tie for second place which would be between Cities Skylines and Tower Unite.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

On 8/5/2021 at 3:18 PM, Communist_Empire said:

Hard to say really but if I had to choose Half-Life 2 or the OG Battlefield games which I still play online. 1942, 2 and 2142. I've put over 50 hours on Just Cause 3. Just Cause 2 is not that far behind either. Maybe Titanfall 2.

Thnx @Communist_Empire, for sharing your opinion. Infact I also love to play half life 2 for hours but due to nausea kind of feeling, I have to give some space. 

Cyberpunk 2077. Despite what the masses are saying, it is still the most refreshing, exciting and innovative game to have come out in the last 15 years. I miss this time when games used to bring something new to the table and experiment with stuff. Horizon Zero Dawn comes in a second close, but it's a bit crippled by the usual console mechanics. Storywise it's much ahead of CP, but that stupid 3rd person only view and console mechanics is what frustrates me with it. Idk why developers of console games feel the need to lock us out in3rd person view only, but i hate it sooooo much. Especially when it's done in a game that's supposed to be an FPS, like the Sniper Elite series.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

Mirror's Edge (2008). One of the most underrated and unique games ever. Would have been perfect with an Open World which it sadly doesn't have and a slightly longer story. But it's no SciFi crap like catalyst and still looks pretty amazing on PC for a game that is over 10 years old. Played through it probably 15-20 times since it released.

11 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Cyberpunk 2077. [...]  it is still the most refreshing, exciting and innovative game to have come out in the last 15 years.

LMAO.

I know it's your opinion and totally valid but I seriously laughed quite some time because of that.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

Most of the people who played the game and disliked it are probably under the age of 30 or even 25. I'm, 34, i'm used to games being all kinds of buggy mess and this not bothering me as long as i can play the game. And ever since the launch i had no problem playing the game. As a matter of fact the first release of version 1.02 was probably the smoothest and with the best AI. Had 0 major bugs and just a handful of minor ones which you would have to look for really hard. 

For me it's innovative because it broke the mold of fast console porting crap to PC. The last game i could think of that was developed to look as good as it can on PC was probably the original Crysis. Ever since then games have been developed to run smooth on consoles and than simply ported to PC with the same flat textures with Horizon Zero Dawn the best example - it took them 3 years to bring that game to PC and it was still with the same flat textures. At least the story there is 10/10 to make up for everything else.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

6 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Most of the people who played the game and disliked it are probably under the age of 30 or even 25. I'm, 34, i'm used to games being all kinds of buggy mess and this not bothering me as long as i can play the game. And ever since the launch i had no problem playing the game. As a matter of fact the first release of version 1.02 was probably the smoothest and with the best AI. Had 0 major bugs and just a handful of minor ones which you would have to look for really hard. 

For me it's innovative because it broke the mold of fast console porting crap to PC. The last game i could think of that was developed to look as good as it can on PC was probably the original Crysis. Ever since then games have been developed to run smooth on consoles and than simply ported to PC with the same flat textures with Horizon Zero Dawn the best example - it took them 3 years to bring that game to PC and it was still with the same flat textures. At least the story there is 10/10 to make up for everything else.

I loved 2077. I went into it know it was buggy. Every time we'd run into something stupid, the old lady and I would just say "revolutionary game." That being said, I put about 150 hours into it shortly after release and didn't have a single crash. I can still play it on my updated system and not crash. (went from 9900k and 2070 to 5800x/6800xt).

I beat HZD on PS4, then bought it when it came out on PC just to play the story again. Yes, they didn't update the graphics, but they are still very competitive graphics. 

I think people in general take games that have had years of fine tuning for granted. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

19 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

I don't think age as anything to do with it. I played through CP2077 once and also had no major bugs only a few glitches. But I still don't think its innovative at all. Exciting it was at the beginning but after realizing how limited everything is that excitement quickly vanished. Same for refreshing it seemed refreshing in the beginning but after a few hours and realizing that it is basically a SciFi FarCry it didn't feel all that refreshing anymore.

It broke the mold of a bad PC port of a console game because it just did it the other way around and is a bad console port of a PC game.

In my opinion cyberpunk is neither good nor bad. It is very average in almost every aspect but AI (which is horrible) and setting (which is really interesting) and in the end gets it a 6/10 in my books.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

On 8/5/2021 at 5:28 AM, Nibbets said:

Either Baldur's Gate (it was the first game I ever played on pc) or Icewind Dale 2.

@Nibbets, sounds interesting 

16 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

We're limited to PC games?
Alright, then this award goes to...

Civilization VI.

giphy.gif

On 8/5/2021 at 12:16 PM, Gohardgrandpa said:

Dead by daylight and rainbow six siege. I've played both every day I'm home for years. 

@Gohardgrandpa, Even I'm also gr8 fan of rainbow six series.

21 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

@QuantumSingularity, I agree with your point. Thnx for giving me your valuable time and explaning your point of view.Even I'm also thinking to buy crisis remastered edition but have heard that it's not that great in terms of graphics. As you have seen ubisoft was about to release sands of time but due to lot of complaints they have to delay it,so that they can improvise the graphics.

The other thing with Cyberpunk is that it was basically released in half phase - a ton of stuff missing, which was intended to be there and it shows, unlike the rest of the modern titles, which cover the missing features and later release them as DLCs. Also i think the PEGI license has something to do with some of the missing content. The BDs we can buy, but can't run in the game i'm sure are ready at 100%, but weren't released at the initial launch so the game doesn't get immediately banned in many countries like Manhunt 2, Thrill Kill or Carmageddon were. It's really unusual for a AAA title to feature p0rn or torture and stay on the market, let alone both of them together. 

Man, 2 games immediately come to mind - Deus Ex: Invisible War and The Matrix Online.

Invisible War may not be as well-received as the other entries, but it's the first one I played and I loved it.

The Matrix Online combined all my favorite things. To this day, the fighting mechanics are still something I miss, especially with the stellar slow-mo.

7 hours ago, Ayush008 said:

@King_PINKing_PINE Even im also huge fan of Max payne series.

Are there other games similar to Max Payne?

17 hours ago, King_PIN said:

Are there other games similar to Max Payne

Ummmmmmm maybe Quantum break 

This is a hard question because I have played so many games already. But after some thought, it will probably be DOOM. I keep coming back to this game.

5 hours ago, chrome_wheels said:

This is a hard question because I have played so many games already. But after some thought, it will probably be DOOM. I keep coming back to this game.

Nice choice @chrome_wheels

Even I also like that title very much.

Favorite? Killing Floor 2. "DOSH, PLEASE!"

Second favorite would definitely be Mafia II. I spent so much time playing that game through college, and after. I was really let down by Mafia III, and have yet to finish that one. Mafia II is so nostalgic though, and I'm glad it got a remaster. P.S. I just learned that if you don't already have the original, buying the remaster gets you the original as well (at least on Steam).

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos