7700k/980ti in 2021 rebuild?

My PC died a couple days ago. My legs dont work, so Im waiting to have it taken in cause I cant bend like that anymore to see what actually is wrong. But I got no response, no BIOS, no lights, no beeps.

So, PSU? Mobo? Bad stuff? WTS my organs?

Im trying to be positive.

The machine has a i7-7700k (stock clocked out of the box, but, i will admit was running hot playing poorly optimized games and rendering video with subpar cooling) and EVGA 6GB 980ti VR Edition, about 6 or 8 TB of SATA SSDs and a HDD (uhhhh 3 samsungs and a...Kingston?). I wish I could remember the rest. Its a Coolermaster... big black box with 32GB of DDR3. I just had the machine cleaned about a month ago, and they disassembled the card (which I got second hand right after the 1080ti was announced, dude had 2 of them in SLI and I snagged one for 400$CAD) and cleaned it out too, reseated everything and dumped a bad HDD for one of the samsungs. So Im wondering what I can do to salvage these parts for a cheap as possible. Because being a man without good legs makes it hard to make money, so a new 11 series i5 and a 3070 isnt something in my budget right now. Cause it aint in anybodies budget right now.

As far as my user case: gamer, musician, some media creation. Learning web dev. So mostly a bunch of USB devices and I have a powered HUB for that. My current board has a m.2 drive slot but I dont reaaaaally need that (it was a non-overclockable 1151 socket Asus, i think?).

So ya. if anyone has any ideas on either
A. a PSU, mobo and RAM to plug my GPU/CPU/storage stuff into
or
B. a prebuilt that has similar performance for one arm but no leg.

I mean I would IMAGINE rebuilding from these parts would be worth it in this market, but like I said, Im trying to stay positive. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Im doing research, if i can GET a new card, my 980ti hasnt dropped in price AT ALL. Would it make sense to upgrade and flip that card? or throw it in an old Dell and mine Etherium or something? lol what kind of world is this anyway

First thing to do, if you're confident/capable enough, is to take apart the machine and reseat all RAM sticks, the GPU, all power cables and re-paste the CPU/cooler.

Earlier this year I purchased an Asus Prime B450M-A mainboard, a Ryzen 1700 (non-X!) and a pair of 8GB DDR4 RAM sticks (as well as a pair of stock AMD Wraiht coolers) for the grand total of 250 euro (some $300-320US). Admittedly, the board was a return and thus discounted (but complete), the CPU came from Aliexpress (but was a genuine offer for 100 euro) and the RAM was discounted (30 euro/stick, normal price 43 euro) from the same supplier (local brick'n'mortar shop) as the board. The coolers were about a tenner each, Aliexpress as well. Hunt around, you might be lucky as well.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

56 minutes ago, GorgonActual said:

My PC died a couple days ago. My legs dont work, so Im waiting to have it taken in cause I cant bend like that anymore to see what actually is wrong. But I got no response, no BIOS, no lights, no beeps.

So, PSU? Mobo? Bad stuff? WTS my organs?

Im trying to be positive.

The machine has a i7-7700k (stock clocked out of the box, but, i will admit was running hot playing poorly optimized games and rendering video with subpar cooling) and EVGA 6GB 980ti VR Edition, about 6 or 8 TB of SATA SSDs and a HDD (uhhhh 3 samsungs and a...Kingston?). I wish I could remember the rest. Its a Coolermaster... big black box with 32GB of DDR3. I just had the machine cleaned about a month ago, and they disassembled the card (which I got second hand right after the 1080ti was announced, dude had 2 of them in SLI and I snagged one for 400$CAD) and cleaned it out too, reseated everything and dumped a bad HDD for one of the samsungs. So Im wondering what I can do to salvage these parts for a cheap as possible. Because being a man without good legs makes it hard to make money, so a new 11 series i5 and a 3070 isnt something in my budget right now. Cause it aint in anybodies budget right now.

As far as my user case: gamer, musician, some media creation. Learning web dev. So mostly a bunch of USB devices and I have a powered HUB for that. My current board has a m.2 drive slot but I dont reaaaaally need that (it was a non-overclockable 1151 socket Asus, i think?).

So ya. if anyone has any ideas on either
A. a PSU, mobo and RAM to plug my GPU/CPU/storage stuff into
or
B. a prebuilt that has similar performance for one arm but no leg.

I mean I would IMAGINE rebuilding from these parts would be worth it in this market, but like I said, Im trying to stay positive. Any suggestions?

I think the PSU, mobo or cpu died. I would start with reseating the cpu and checking if the PSU even turns on (By removing everything connected to it, and using a tool like this18 Awg 24 Pin Atx Power Supply Jump Start Bridging Connector Plug Psu Jumper  - Buy 24 Pin Atx Power Supply Jump,Psu Jumper,Pci-e Cable Product on  Alibaba.com

or bridging 2 pins with a paper clip or a wire like this)

PSU Paper Clip Test – gpuShack

With these garbage prices, I'd reuse what you can and upgrade once DDR5 is out / Covid nonsense is over.

My gaming laptop died on me so I'm using a Ryzen 1600 with a 1060 until then. Would rather upgrade and actually be wow'd over hmmm.

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv