how can i make my gpu power fully go towards mining?

adarw

so i want to make sure that my gpu's power fully goes into nicehash and nothing eles when im not gaming, I am going to use the integrated gpu when im doing things that are not gpu intensive (home work, web browsing etc). any recomendations?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

If you give it nothing else to do then it'll allocate everything to mining. The resources required for browsing and stuff are relatively minor.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Just now, tikker said:

If you give it nothing else to do then it'll allocate everything to mining. The resources required for browsing and stuff are relatively minor.

awesome thanks!

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

30 minutes ago, adarw said:

so i want to make sure that my gpu's power fully goes into nicehash and nothing eles when im not gaming, I am going to use the integrated gpu when im doing things that are not gpu intensive (home work, web browsing etc). any recomendations?

Just normal youtube-ing does only take about 2%-10% of your GPU, there will be enough power lift for some proper mining (depending on power cost ofcourse)
Having a discrete GPU for the daily stuff is even better.
Just make sure you have enough VRAM as 6GB+ is preferred. (Less is possible but its so much slower).

Make sure on the landing page for the miner, that you select HIGH for your mining OC settings.

Screenshot_108.png

Ps. you should be able to find this and other settings/nicehash stuff at https://www.nicehash.com/my/mining/rigs

27 minutes ago, tikker said:

That is not completely true.
You will able to achieve more MegaHashes/s if you choose the right setting.

(ie for my 1060 6GB its about 19-20 at manual but 23-24 at max and effecient gives 20-21 with just 100Watts or less.)

Note these selections might only work on Nvidia, not to sure about that tho.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

26 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

That is not completely true.
You will able to achieve more MegaHashes/s if you choose the right setting.

(ie for my 1060 6GB its about 19-20 at manual but 23-24 at max and effecient gives 20-21 with just 100Watts or less.)

Note these selections might only work on Nvidia, not to sure about that tho.

That's NiceHash settings though. Probably all that does is change the power limit and clocks? A miner doesn't really know how to go half speed. It just goes or doesn't.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

33 minutes ago, tikker said:

That's NiceHash settings though. Probably all that does is change the power limit and clocks? A miner doesn't really know how to go half speed. It just goes or doesn't.

That is completely true.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!