Low Cpu and Gpu usage but games running poorly.

sainoh

I have an 17 10750 2070 super and 16 fb ram. I’m running at around 20 per cpu and 30 gpu and having poor performance in most games. I’m talking 60 70 FPS on games I should get well over 140 even on low FPS. I’m just not sure why I’m not even using 50 percent of the hardware and the games are running trash. 

Are the clock speeds boosting properly? Is there a thermal throttle problem? Is your ram running at the proper speed, in dual channel? Is the framerate limited in the settings, or by a console command?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I just overclocked my gpu trying to get more. No thermal problem cause even under stress the cpu is around 85 at highest and gpu barley hits 60. The ram I’ll have to look on CPUz to check it. What should I oook for the clock to be in the bios for the ram. 

I would look at vsync settings and nvidia 3d settings. Make sure you are setting the 3d settings for the games you play to max performance and to not have vsync enabled. You can change that in the nvidia control panel. 

85C at 30% usage is highly uncommon. Either your mistaken or this sounds like a thermal problem to me - which would explain everything  else.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 hours ago, sainoh said:

No thermal problem cause even under stress the cpu is around 85 at highest and gpu barley hits 60.

Be sure to use the quote button or we won't see your responses.

60 degrees, low GPU usage, your GPU probably isn't being engaged. If you already tried an overclock and it didn't work, you should try uninstalling and getting new drivers. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

85C at 30% usage is highly uncommon. Either your mistaken or this sounds like a thermal problem to me - which would explain everything  else.

It is a laptop so it could be the issue. I’ve tried underclocking and it helps temps but doesn’t help much with the performance side of things. And I thought that’skind if what it was suppose to do