Rate my build so far

5 minutes ago, Soulman247 said:

My first build ever

£4,000 budget

Gaming PC 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JjFCTJ 

I may have to change my graphics card as I know you cannot get it

You're missing a PSU, but other than that, looks good.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

3 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

You're missing a PSU, but other than that, looks good.

Is the CPU cooler good enough

24 minutes ago, Soulman247 said:

My first build ever

£4,000 budget

Gaming PC 

8.5/10

Still some optimizations to be made like swapping the ram for crucial ballistix 3600mhz cl16, swapping the ssd for a cheaper one like the silicon power a80 or kingston a2000, and for the missing psu go for a corsair 850w

Otherwise pretty good

11 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

8.5/10

Still some optimizations to be made like swapping the ram for crucial ballistix 3600mhz cl16, swapping the ssd for a cheaper one like the silicon power a80 or kingston a2000, and for the missing psu go for a corsair 850w

Otherwise pretty good

Why would they swap it for a cheaper one? This is a $5000 PC...

😳
Not that active so I may not respond.

40 minutes ago, Soulman247 said:

My first build ever

£4,000 budget

Gaming PC 

I'd go lower on the cpu, 8 core is plenty,

I'd go 32GB on Ram... or maybe not, waiting for ddr5

A CPU with integrated GPU ?

I'd go 2TB on the ssd

I'm willing to swim against the current.

14 minutes ago, Soulman247 said:

Is the CPU cooler good enough

Sure. Doesn't take anything crazy to cool the 5900X. I was actually doing okay with a U12S (single tower), but I switched to a 280 AIO so I could push the CPU harder. The cooler you have is close to the best you can do with air. A 280 or larger AIO will do better, but isn't really necessary.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

18 minutes ago, leclod said:

I'd go lower on the cpu, 8 core is plenty,

I'd go 32GB on Ram... or maybe not, waiting for ddr5

A CPU with integrated GPU ?

I'd go 2TB on the ssd

There's no point to going lower on the CPU, unless you need to save money, which apparently is not an issue here with a £4000 budget. There's already games that can scale to 12 cores, so why not take advantage of that if you can?

I'd agree on the 32GB of RAM, because again, why compromise? 16GB can get a little tight in certain scenarios. DDR5 isn't really a factor, as that's going to require upgrading the CPU and the board when it becomes available, anyways. Unless you're just going to hold out on the whole build for another year, it won't matter until you're ready to start considering upgrades in a few years.

Zero point to an iGPU, especially since it would require compromising on the CPU. Even a 5700G only has the performance of a 5600X, and nothing Intel has currently can touch a 5900X.

19 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

There's no point to going lower on the CPU, unless you need to save money, which apparently is not an issue here with a £4000 budget. There's already games that can scale to 12 cores, so why not take advantage of that if you can?

I'd agree on the 32GB of RAM, because again, why compromise? 16GB can get a little tight in certain scenarios. DDR5 isn't really a factor, as that's going to require upgrading the CPU and the board when it becomes available, anyways. Unless you're just going to hold out on the whole build for another year, it won't matter until you're ready to start considering upgrades in a few years.

Zero point to an iGPU, especially since it would require compromising on the CPU. Even a 5700G only has the performance of a 5600X, and nothing Intel has currently can touch a 5900X.

ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler somebody recommended this is there any point to getting something like this instead of a fan cooler

20 minutes ago, Soulman247 said:

ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler somebody recommended this is there any point to getting something like this instead of a fan cooler

It would mostly be about noise reduction. The air cooler you chose is perfectly capable of keeping it cool enough, with a 280 or better rad, you'd simply run even cooler, which would then let you run the fans at lower RPMs. I've got the 280 version of that same AIO, and even with my 5900X pushed to its absolute limits, I'm under 80c at full load, with fans at around 50-60%. A 360 would honestly probably be a bit of overkill, but you could run the fans at even lower RPMs, just in case you have like bat hearing or something. 😉

7 hours ago, Cool_Evlo said:

Why would they swap it for a cheaper one? This is a $5000 PC...

High budget doesnt mean that you have to use it all, esp on something uneccesary like a very fast ssd, which is basically useless for gaming unless you happen to move a ton of 4k video

Spending on uneccesary things can be a waste of money so dont spend excessively on uneccesary things

Then again my mindset is bye bye uneccesary garbage and swap it for the cheapest stuff that will do the job just fine, then again you save money on uneccesary stuff and you can spend it on something else like a gpu

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KLPYsX

Yeah with a budget like that, just go for the best components, that will suit your usage. So for Gaming, the 5900X will be the sweet spot, as you can cool it easier then the 5950X.

Also I've gone for the V2 variant of the Motherboard, since you can add Wifi afterwards and ac is the old Wifi Standard (Wifi 5), but ax wlan is way faster (wifi 6).

The Ram I picked was the cheapest 32GB 3200MHz CL16 Kit, and it happens to have RGB, why not.

I've also opted for the SN850, since it is one of the fastest drives available. Just more futureproofing (when direct storage will be hopefully enabled in Windows).

Also I found a good 1000w PSU, 850w would be enough, but 1000w has more headroom and you can overclock with less thought (if you want).

The Case is just a solid case, go for something you like.

The heart of a gaming rig is the GPU, so I would opt for the 3080TI with this budget. It is basically a 3090 with half of the VRAM, which is still 12GB and more then enough. A 3080 is also good.

Maybe go custom water cooling at that price?