Why AMD CPU's such trash?

Guys, why AMD CPU's such trash?

I know, some guys will defend AMD. But they aren't innocent.

Most of the AMD products are BROKEN.

NOT every.

I had R5 2600 and RX 570 for over a year, with no problem at all.

Now i have a 5600X and 6700XT and i realized AMD is evolving, but in bad way.

Please search for "Ryzen 5000 freeze" problems before blaming me. Whenever i see a PC freezes topic, i ask if it is Ryzen 5000 CPU and usually it is.

The thing is, CPU's are faulty. When they first launched, they said there is lots of DoA at AMD Ryzen 5000. (https://www.techradar.com/news/amd-ryzen-5000-processor-failures-are-they-really-that-bad)

And as I see, they can dead easily. I am not sure if (at least, in my case) it is CPU, but i tried changing every hardware except CPU and RAM. So, it probably is.

They shouldn't even sell this crap. Sorry AMD boys, these faulty products isn't ok if you are multi billion dollar CPU company. 

When we come to GPU's, it seems like they aren't that bad except shitty drivers. Come on AMD, hire some engineers capable of reading and writing.

## My problem is, my computer was freezing before (it continued for 1-2 weeks) and now doesn't even post. I bought a B550 mobo even, nothing chamges! Good job AMD. Ngl, i won't buy any AMD products for at least 5 years. If they change my CPU (in RMA), i will sell it and buy a 11400F.

I will blame you, because I have searched "ryzen 5000 freeze" and everything I could find points to motherboard issues. Update your BIOS, disable XMP are some solutions. And Intel has DOA CPUs too. I'm not an AMD fanboy but can say that most freezing issues with Ryzen are not a CPU problem, but a board problem. I have a Ryzen 5 3500, FX 9830p, and k6-2 380 as my AMD CPUs and have not noticed any issues, so if you're going to criticize AmD CpUs ArE tRaSh at least criticize only the supposedly problematic 5000 series.

Yeah, you're crazy. Sorry, but AMD CPUs are not trash by any farsical stretch of the imagination. I have a 5900X that runs circles around virtually anything else, and haven't had issue one with it. Perfect CPU. Just because you can't figure out how to get your, ahem, stuff together, doesn't mean that's remotely the experience for everyone else.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

2 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

I will blame you, because I have searched "ryzen 5000 freeze" and everything I could find points to motherboard issues. Update your BIOS, disable XMP are some solutions. And Intel has DOA CPUs too. I'm not an AMD fanboy but can say that most freezing issues with Ryzen are not a CPU problem, but a board problem. I have a Ryzen 5 3500, FX 9830p, and k6-2 380 as my AMD CPUs and have not noticed any issues, so if you're going to criticize AmD CpUs ArE tRaSh at least criticize only the supposedly problematic 5000 series.

Well, i tried another motherboard which is brand new and says Ryzen 5000 ready with big letters, which didn't posted. It isn't board problem at all?

Just now, Chris Pratt said:

Yeah, you're crazy. Sorry, but AMD CPUs are not trash by any farsical stretch of the imagination. I have a 5900X that runs circles around virtually anything else, and haven't had issue one with it. Perfect CPU. Just because you can't figure out how to get your, ahem, stuff together, doesn't mean that's remotely the experience for everyone else.

Yes, if your CPU fails and you spend your 2 weeks trying to find out which hardware is bad, you can understand me.

And, how dare you can say i can't get my stuff together?

You don't even met with me?

7 minutes ago, Penguin420 said:

Please search for "Ryzen 5000 freeze" problems before blaming me. Whenever i see a PC freezes topic, i ask if it is Ryzen 5000 CPU and usually it is.

The top 6 search results for "Ryzen 5000 freeze" on DuckDuckGo are for Zen and Zen+ based CPUs. The 7th result was from this forum, and it was an issue with voltages, not the CPU itself. The 8th result is about the USB connectivity issues from earlier this year.

Where are these topics about PC freezing with Ryzen 5000 series CPUs?

Just now, YoungBlade said:

The top 6 search results for "Ryzen 5000 freeze" on DuckDuckGo are for Zen and Zen+ based CPUs. The 7th result was from this forum, and it was an issue with voltages, not the CPU itself. The 8th result is about the USB connectivity issues from earlier this year.

Where are these topics about PC freezing with Ryzen 5000 series CPUs?

Try 5600x freeze instead. There is enough topics for last gen CPU.

I have seen 5+ topics in another forums, native forums.

These guys can defend even RX 5000 as it was %100 ok when it was launched. Omg. 

Go buy a RX 5700, throw it in your PC, download drivers and launch a game in excitement. Wait a eternity, thinking game is loading then realize you got a black screen. 😂

6 minutes ago, Penguin420 said:

Try 5600x freeze instead. There is enough topics for last gen CPU.

I have seen 5+ topics in another forums, native forums.

If you search for something that specific, then you will undoubtedly find what you're looking for.

Look, I searched "11400F freeze" and found this reddit post about crashes, therefore the 11400F is an unstable CPU and you shouldn't trust Intel.

I've been using a 5900X for the last couple of weeks and I've had no issues. The only thing off was that I did have some problems with a USB external drive once when I was using the front IO, but the drive doesn't sit neatly like that, so it could just have easily have been caused by the actual seating in the slot being poor. The problem was fixed by using rear IO connected with a M/F USB 3.0 cable, so I don't think the CPU is at fault in any case.

Sounds like an EBKAC error, I have run AMD in all mine and my friends/family builds for the last 18 years. I love AMD and never once in any computer I have built has there been an issue with the CPU or GPU (ATI back in the day and now AMD) I never use Nvidia either. The only time an issue comes up is EBKAC errors, trying to push an OC too far is usually the cause of a failure or doing something stupid while handling stuff but never had an issue for the parts running stock in a properly assembled system.

6 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

If you search for something that specific, then you will undoubtedly find what you're looking for.

Look, I searched "11400F freeze" and found this reddit post about crashes, therefore the 11400F is an unstable CPU and you shouldn't trust Intel.

I've been using a 5900X for the last couple of weeks and I've had no issues. The only thing off was that I did have some problems with a USB external drive once when I was using the front IO, but the drive doesn't sit neatly like that, so it could just have easily have been caused by the actual seating in the slot being poor. The problem was fixed by using rear IO connected with a M/F USB 3.0 cable, so I don't think the CPU is at fault in any case.

Bro, they aren't even comparable.

When you search 5600X you find 5-10 topics.

When you search 11400F, you have only 1.

You can't see topics outside English, so there is more, believe me. I have seen 3+ when not searching "specific" for 5600X, i was just hanging in a forum.

18 minutes ago, Penguin420 said:

Yes, if your CPU fails and you spend your 2 weeks trying to find out which hardware is bad, you can understand me.

And, how dare you can say i can't get my stuff together?

You don't even met with me?

No, because you just go right to bashing something because you can't get it to work. No offense, but when millions of other people have no issues, the problem, whether you like it or not, is most likely, you, not the chip.

You could have easily come here and asked for help, but you chose instead to make an ass out of yourself. You get the respect you give, and you've earned exactly nothing but derision here.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Never had problems with intel or AMD processors and I have owned a lot of different generations.

2 minutes ago, Penguin420 said:

You can't see topics outside English, so there is more, believe me. I have seen 3+ when not searching "specific" for 5600X, i was just hanging in a forum.

En fait, je parle français, et j'ai changé le region de DuckDuckGo pour trouver des résultats en autre langue par "Ryzen figé" mais je trouve aucun. Par "5600X figé" je trouve qu'un. Regardez: https://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/Hardware/carte-mere/b550-5600x-probleme-sujet_1053140_1.htm

In fact, I speak French, and I changed the region for DuckDuckGo to find results in another language for "Ryzen freeze" but I found nothing. With "5600X freeze" I found only one.

The result is about someone whose computer won't boot on assembly, not about freezing issues.

Is the fact that I can't find evidence in French now evidence that the issue isn't widespread?

My 5600X and 5900X have been wicked for me. I am new to the 'new' AMD, but not new to the brand. I recently left Intel not because I was disappointed in their performance.. nope.. they took good care of me since 2006 or so. I wanted to see what the hype was about with Ryzen. Yup.. they are pretty awesome these days.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

25 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

No, because you just go right to bashing something because you can't get it to work. No offense, but when millions of other people have no issues, the problem, whether you like it or not, is most likely, you, not the chip.

You could have easily come here and asked for help, but you chose instead to make an ass out of yourself. You get the respect you give, and you've earned exactly nothing but derision here.

Ok, i will not continue with you, sorry.

And, i asked for help here and in 3 other forums.

There is no fix. Probably CPU gone bad.

1 minute ago, Penguin420 said:

Ok, i will not continue with you, sorry.

And, i asked for help here and in 3 other forums.

There is no fix. Probably CPU gone bad.

Sure. Bad CPU. User error is totally out of the question, because you're obviously such a fount of knowledge. Good luck with that.

Because AMD really stands for:

Another Magnificent Disaster

weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

19 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

En fait, je parle français, et j'ai changé le region de DuckDuckGo pour trouver des résultats en autre langue par "Ryzen figé" mais je trouve aucun. Par "5600X figé" je trouve qu'un. Regardez: https://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/Hardware/carte-mere/b550-5600x-probleme-sujet_1053140_1.htm

In fact, I speak French, and I changed the region for DuckDuckGo to find results in another language for "Ryzen freeze" but I found nothing. With "5600X freeze" I found only one.

The result is about someone whose computer won't boot on assembly, not about freezing issues.

Is the fact that I can't find evidence in French now evidence that the issue isn't widespread?

Kilitleniyor = locks, freezes

Açılmıyor = doesn't boot

Donuyor = freezes

Kapanıyor = turns itself off

IMG_20210727_012212.jpg

IMG_20210727_012134.jpg

IMG_20210727_011850.jpg

IMG_20210727_011948.jpg

IMG_20210727_011744.jpg

IMG_20210727_011720.jpg

IMG_20210727_011515.jpg

Screenshot_2021-07-27-01-13-37-123_com.android.chrome.jpg

Look, in my experience, there's some truth behind AMD being a bit wonkier in general and requiring a bit more know-how and user-end tinkering to be optimal.

Most of that is recent with the newer architectures and platforms, and as such, is more understandable.

Additionally, you're also looking at a much, much smaller company with much, much fewer resources than Intel or Nvidia. Given those circumstances, AMD does a great job of getting successful products to market.

So despite all of those quirks, AMD makes some good shit. Your thread comes across as someone who is just angry and unable to look at things big-picture.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

11 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Sure. Bad CPU. User error is totally out of the question, because you're obviously such a fount of knowledge. Good luck with that.

Well, ok.

Can just doing PBO override +100, Curve Optimizer All Core -5 and PBO limits disabled can cause a CPU to die?

I asked you and you DIDN'T reply.

It seems like they shouldn't kill a CPU.

Basically, they limits CPU to 75W and if everything is ok, it can boost itself 100 MHz more.

Killing a modern CPU that easy? Lol.

You are such a selfish guy, i am amazed...

Even tho, it was 0 problems with my old GPU (GTX 1660). It happened after plugging 6700XT.

7 minutes ago, Penguin420 said:

Kilitleniyor = locks, freezes

Açılmıyor = doesn't boot

Donuyor = freezes

Kapanıyor = turns itself off

That's not French, that's Turkish, so I can't read that. If you speak Turkish, that's fine, but I at least provided a translation for what I typed and gave a quick summary of the French link I gave. Also, why did you send a wall of pictures instead of links? Even the search results themselves could be shared as a link.

The point I'm trying to make is that you need to provide actual references for your claims. If you're going to say, "this is a widespread issue, you can just search it and you find a ton of results" then why can't you link to us some relevant results?

1 minute ago, Mister Woof said:

Look, in my experience, there's some truth behind AMD being a bit wonkier in general and requiring a bit more know-how and user-end tinkering to be optimal.

Most of that is recent with the newer architectures and platforms, and as such, is more understandable.

Additionally, you're also looking at a much, much smaller company with much, much fewer resources than Intel or Nvidia. Given those circumstances, AMD does a great job of getting successful products to market.

So despite all of those quirks, AMD makes some good shit. Your thread comes across as someone who is just angry and unable to look at things big-picture.

You are completely right.

But i don't think thing they are doing acceptable. Like bad drivers etc. 

I had AMD products more than i had Intel/Nvidia but overall, i think i am better with Nvidia+Intel.

Especially, Nvidia GPU's are way better. I don't know why everyone defends AMD this much...

2 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

That's not French, that's Turkish, so I can't read that. If you speak Turkish, that's fine, but I at least provided a translation for what I typed and gave a quick summary of the French link I gave. Also, why did you send a wall of pictures instead of links? Even the search results themselves could be shared as a link.

The point I'm trying to make is that you need to provide actual references for your claims. If you're going to say, "this is a widespread issue, you can just search it and you find a ton of results" then why can't you link to us some relevant results?

Ok, calm down. They aren't fake. Probably you don't know Turkish, so I didn't bother with adding links.

https://www.technopat.net/sosyal/konu/5600x-ve-gtx-1060-pc-baslamiyor.1574218/

https://www.technopat.net/sosyal/konu/5600x-sistem-donuyor.1561060/

https://www.technopat.net/sosyal/konu/5600x-sistem-kapaniyor.1371184/

https://www.technopat.net/sosyal/konu/ryzen-5600x-sistem-cpu-arizasi.1334244/

https://www.technopat.net/sosyal/konu/r5-5600x-sistem-acilmiyor.1610294/

https://www.technopat.net/sosyal/konu/r5-5600x-sistem-donuyor.1329867/

May be more if i search for, but gotta sleep. It is 1:30 am here.