Need Case Recommendation

impasta

A NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 Graphics Card

8 minutes ago, GAMMEEEEER said:

A NZXT H510 might be a decent choice and is a atx mid tower case

The H510 is almost never a decent choice except for "ricer" low end builds where looks matters more than performance... it has virtually no airlow.

@impasta, what is your budget (including currency) and what country are you buying in?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

10 minutes ago, GAMMEEEEER said:

6 minutes ago, impasta said:

ok thanks

Yeah, fuck off with that recommendation.

Budget? If we talking unlimited 5000D or 4000D from corsair is pretty much god in value for their amazing airflow and the amount of goodie inside of it. At lower price range, NR400 from Cooler Master is a good pick too.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

39 minutes ago, GAMMEEEEER said:

Is this a joke? That's one of the worst cases on the market. That is, unless your goal is an oven to cook your components in.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Corsair 4000D/5000D, Phanteks P400a/P500a, or Fractal Design Meshify 2 (whatever size you want), would be my top 3 recommendations.

DO NOT get an NZXT H510. Horrible case.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

depends on OP budget lol

LianLi Lancool 2 Mesh, is decent too

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

Be quiet 500dx is what I went with. Using that with a scythe fuma 2 Cpu cooler the only nose I hear is from my gpu fans. It comes with 3 140mm case fans and the replacement fans are only $15 each on Amazon if you want to add more

Was super easy to build in and was $80 at Newegg. 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

On 7/24/2021 at 1:07 AM, Middcore said:

The H510 is almost never a decent choice except for "ricer" low end builds where looks matters more than performance... it has virtually no airlow.

On 7/24/2021 at 1:38 AM, Chris Pratt said:

Is this a joke? That's one of the worst cases on the market. That is, unless your goal is an oven to cook your components in.

On 7/24/2021 at 1:41 AM, Chris Pratt said:

DO NOT get an NZXT H510. Horrible case.

Jut wanted to come in and say the H510 is an okay case and is not one of the worst cases on the market. In fact, I'd argue it's one of the better one due to it's fantastic build quality at it's price point. Should the Author still buy it? Probably not, but this forum gives it more hate than it deserves. Specifically:

On 7/24/2021 at 1:07 AM, Middcore said:

it has virtually no airlow.

I'll say this till I'm dead; The H510 has adequate airflow for a low to mid ranged build (new builders who dont care about best temps or overclocking) and the amount of users who come out of the woodwork to raise pitchforks and torches against anyone who'd even utter the component SKU is seriously disappointing.

On 7/24/2021 at 1:08 AM, SorryClaire said:

Yeah, fuck off with that recommendation.

This does not constitute as "Be Excellent to each other" as outlined in the Community standards. It's alright to disagree, but it's encouraged to promote healthy and helpful discussion the allows the Author to make a more informed PC purchasing decision. 

Is the H510 worse than a P400A in airflow? Yes. But how much exactly? And more importantly, does it matter for the Author's planned build? (3060ti, and lets assume a 3600 or 5600X)

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/wvgQzy#e=2723,2946,2911&c=1211,1401

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/ZdpmP6#e=2723,2946

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/b6TzK8#e=2946,2911&c=1211,1401

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/wnZzK8#e=2898,2946,2911,3073&c=1211,1401

(I could keep going with every 3060ti model but that'd be redundant at this point)

Users seem to report "fine" temps under their given work load (which isnt always a super stressed out ultra AAA game and Video Rendering workstation) so that also needs to be taken into account.

The H510 is not a bad suggestion, it's just a suggestion. The best recommendations are ones that inform the Author and give them choices and the knowledge to make the choice themselves.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

22 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Jut wanted to come in and say the H510 is an okay case and is not one of the worst cases on the market. In fact, I'd argue it's one of the better one due to it's fantastic build quality at it's price point. Should the Author still buy it? Probably not, but this forum gives it more hate than it deserves. Specifically:

I'll say this till I'm dead; The H510 has adequate airflow for a low to mid ranged build (new builders who dont care about best temps or overclocking) and the amount of users who come out of the woodwork to raise pitchforks and torches against anyone who'd even utter the component SKU is seriously disappointing.

This does not constitute as "Be Excellent to each other" as outlined in the Community standards. It's alright to disagree, but it's encouraged to promote healthy and helpful discussion the allows the Author to make a more informed PC purchasing decision. 

Is the H510 worse than a P400A in airflow? Yes. But how much exactly? And more importantly, does it matter for the Author's planned build? (3060ti, and lets assume a 3600 or 5600X)

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/wvgQzy#e=2723,2946,2911&c=1211,1401

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/ZdpmP6#e=2723,2946

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/b6TzK8#e=2946,2911&c=1211,1401

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/wnZzK8#e=2898,2946,2911,3073&c=1211,1401

(I could keep going with every 3060ti model but that'd be redundant at this point)

Users seem to report "fine" temps under their given work load (which isnt always a super stressed out ultra AAA game and Video Rendering workstation) so that also needs to be taken into account.

The H510 is not a bad suggestion, it's just a suggestion. The best recommendations are ones that inform the Author and give them choices and the knowledge to make the choice themselves.

The H510 is, at best, an adequate case for a low to mid-range build that can very easily become a liability if the user upgrades to more powerful parts down the line. 

Is it going to kill every system built in it, or even a lot of systems built in it, the way people sometimes act like it will? No. Is there an abundance of better choices available at around the same price point? Yes.

Of ATX cases currently on the market from major brands (not factoring in whatever the hell DIYPC, etc. are pooping out) I would say it is among the worst choices, if not the worst choice, available. 

I would further argue that the multiple posts criticizing the H510 were more informative to the OP because they pointed out its actual flaws (really just the one huge flaw) whereas "H510 might be a decent choice" with no further explanation does not inform. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

The H510 is, at best, an adequate case for a low to mid-range build that can very easily become a liability if the user upgrades to more powerful parts down the line. 

That should be clarified. Some users will build a system and try to upgrade/reuse most of their system. Some will opt to build completely new systems. It's impossible to predict every possible outcome but it's not too much to put a fine print to a suggestion saying "Hey if you plan on upgrading things, this case may hold you back"

4 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Is it going to kill every system built in it, or even a lot of systems built in it, the way people sometimes act like it will? No. Is there an abundance of better choices available at around the same price point? Yes.

Better, how? Just airflow? Or are there other factors like build quality and the ultra subjective aesthetics (which cannot be argued; the H510 is among the most popular choice amongst new gamers looking to build their first PC due to it's minimalist arrangement) This obviously isnt ideal for a gaming pc, but it should be explained better than "Bad airflow, fuck that recommendation"

6 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Of ATX cases currently on the market from major brands (not factoring in whatever the hell DIYPC, etc. are pooping out) I would say it is among the worst choices, if not the worst choice, available. 

You think? Alright then:

Corsair SPEC-DELTA RGB- As "okay" or possibly worse airfloe, worse build quality.

Corsair 175R - From what I can tell, only the top section has a vent which actually give it less ventilation options than the H510 (which has a 1" strip running down the length of the rear for intake)

Coolermaster Q500L.... Poor build quality, VERY poor airflow. 

Coolermaster E500L... there's a reason it's dropped to $25 on amazon when it was initially a $50 case

Thermaltake V200 - Worse build quality, front fans are pushed too close to the glass (meaning in theory it could have better airflow but in practice it's worse in the name of LED lights)

Coolermaster MB510L - Better potential airflow, but worse build quality & cable management. 

Rosewill PRISM S LITE - You wanna talk about "no airflow"? Here's the actual definition

21 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I would further argue that the multiple posts criticizing the H510 were more informative to the OP because they pointed out its actual flaws (really just the one huge flaw) whereas "H510 might be a decent choice" with no further explanation does not inform. 

So me literally citing multiple builds with the exact user configuration the Author's likely going with (because they have yet to confirm) that actual temperature numbers on the build is less informative that "bad airflow" "horrible airflow" and "Fuck this recommendation"?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

So me literally citing multiple builds with the exact user configuration the Author's likely going with (because they have yet to confirm) that actual temperature numbers on the build is less informative that "bad airflow" "horrible airflow" and "Fuck this recommendation"?

My comparison was between the anti-H510 posts and the initial "H510 might be a decent choice" post by GAMMEEEER (exact words they used) near the top of the thread, not between the anti-H510 posts and yours. The post by GAMMEEEER was about as informative to OP as if they had literally picked an ATX case at random by putting the names of different cases on slips of paper and drawing one out of a hat. 

the ultra subjective aesthetics (which cannot be argued; the H510 is among the most popular choice amongst new gamers looking to build their first PC due to it's minimalist arrangement)

On this I agree, the looks of the H510 are the sole reason it's as popular as it is, especially with new hobbyists, since they don't know or have any frame of reference to judge build quality. But one cannot recommend on the basis of aesthetics. 

Beyond that I'm not going to discuss this further because you seem rather worked up about it and I don't think it's productive. 

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Frankly, it is one of the worst cases on the market. The fact that it's not *the* worst, or even the 50th worst, doesn't change the fact that it's not good, and there's literally dozens if not hundreds of better options on the market.

Can we get a bit hyperbolic at times? Perhaps. However, even just as a normal user here, I cannot count the number of topics I've come across complaining about components overheating, and lo and behold, the OP had an H510. Apologizing for a case, or trying to create some sort of set of conditions where it might actually be okay does no one any good. You can simply get any one of the multitude of also quality built, also affordable, but with actually decent airflow cases on the market, and then you're fine no matter what you do or whether or not you want to upgrade later.

The pluses you gave of the H510 may be valid, but if anything, it underscores it's major failing. If it was such a good case, why has NZXT put absolutely zero effort into improving the airflow after years and years of it being on the market. Because they don't care, and because of that, as a consumer, you shouldn't either.

28 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Frankly, it is one of the worst cases on the market. The fact that it's not *the* worst, or even the 50th worst, doesn't change the fact that it's not good, and there's literally dozens if not hundreds of better options on the market.

Can we get a bit hyperbolic at times? Perhaps. However, even just as a normal user here, I cannot count the number of topics I've come across complaining about components overheating, and lo and behold, the OP had an H510. Apologizing for a case, or trying to create some sort of set of conditions where it might actually be okay does no one any good. You can simply get any one of the multitude of also quality built, also affordable, but with actually decent airflow cases on the market, and then you're fine no matter what you do or whether or not you want to upgrade later.

The pluses you gave of the H510 may be valid, but if anything, it underscores it's major failing. If it was such a good case, why has NZXT put absolutely zero effort into improving the airflow after years and years of it being on the market. Because they don't care, and because of that, as a consumer, you shouldn't either.

there not much better at the price point. thow the Cougar MX330 is better but its also slim case with tower cooler problems.. the Fractal Design Focus G is the best at its price point if you can find it in the $50-$65 range.

you can find the H510 used in the $40-60 range because it get sent back because of its poor air flow... at $85 its not worth it. but people like it because of the minamle box look.

moving up to the $80 case there are better options thow

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

8 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

there not much better at the price point. thow the Cougar MX330 is better but its also slim case with tower cooler problems.. the Fractal Design Focus G is the best at its price point if you can find it in the $50-$65 range.

you can find the H510 used in the $40-60 range because it get sent back because of its poor air flow... at $85 its not worth it. but people like it because of the minamle box look.

moving up to the $80 case there are better options thow

ROFL. I mean come on. Are we going to these lengths now? It's okay because you can get it cheaper because other poor souls that realized their mistake want to get rid of it?

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

This does not constitute as "Be Excellent to each other" as outlined in the Community standards.

I do feel like the word is harsh but with how OP having the "first response as answer syndrome", im afraid that OP has easily been misled. But kneejerks is kneejerks and i tend to swear when i do so.... So yeah, i really do think that was unwarranted in a hindsight.

With that off:

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I understand with people being happy with the H series looks and having "decent thermals" albeit with a pretty low output CPUs and GPUs and low ambient, but with how companies like Cooler Master and Lian Li (through their SSUPD subsidiary) that have ripped NZXT design language off and get better thermals (Like NR400 ripping off H510 and Meshlicious ripping off H1), i feel like looks is also a bad argument for H series. And as @Middcoresays, its bound to be liability.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

2 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

I'm glad I came across this thread. I built my system in an h510 thinking I'd never overclock or use a high end gpu with an AIO. In other words, a mid spec system at stock. I upgraded from a gtx 1070 to a 6900xt (asus with AIO) as it was the only card available and 4 months later the pump died. It's currently being RMA'd. I'd like to upgrade the case before I get that back. I'm considering the 4000d/5000d and meshify 2. I don't need lots of hdd/sdd space. My ambient temps in this office are high in the summer so I'd like a case that has lots of airflow and room for more fans if needed. Price not being an issue, what's the better option? 

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

I do feel like the word is harsh but with how OP having the "first response as answer syndrome", im afraid that OP has easily been misled. But kneejerks is kneejerks and i tend to swear when i do so.... So yeah, i really do think that was unwarranted in a hindsight.

With that off:

I understand with people being happy with the H series looks and having "decent thermals" albeit with a pretty low output CPUs and GPUs and low ambient, but with how companies like Cooler Master and Lian Li (through their SSUPD subsidiary) that have ripped NZXT design language off and get better thermals (Like NR400 ripping off H510 and Meshlicious ripping off H1), i feel like looks is also a bad argument for H series. And as @Middcoresays, its bound to be liability.

for low spec systems is should be fine but there bean LOTS of people building in this case run in to temp problems so trying to stop people buying the case and save them time and money. not only that a more air flow  case gets lower dbs. if the lower temps and dbs comes at a cost then it might be hard to recommend with people with tight budgets but there case that have both for cheaper..so. other then the the look.

but we also seen people with hi end specs build in this case too and well we no what happens.

we get it its a NICE looking case and an ok ish price.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

5 minutes ago, Brunur said:

I'm glad I came across this thread. I built my system in an h510 thinking I'd never overclock or use a high end gpu with an AIO. In other words, a mid spec system at stock. I upgraded from a gtx 1070 to a 6900xt (asus with AIO) as it was the only card available and 4 months later the pump died. It's currently being RMA'd. I'd like to upgrade the case before I get that back. I'm considering the 4000d/5000d and meshify 2. I don't need lots of hdd/sdd space. My ambient temps in this office are high in the summer so I'd like a case that has lots of airflow and room for more fans if needed. Price not being an issue, what's the better option? 

I don't think you can really go wrong with either, but I personally like the Corsair better, and it has better airflow than the Meshify, if I remember correctly from Gamer Nexus' review. It's not like the Meshify has bad airflow, though.

2 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

I don't think you can really go wrong with either, but I personally like the Corsair better, and it has better airflow than the Meshify, if I remember correctly from Gamer Nexus' review. It's not like the Meshify has bad airflow, though.

Thanks, it seems like the corsair offers more fan options (if I need them) from my quick glance at those cases.

Just now, Brunur said:

Thanks, it seems like the corsair offers more fan options (if I need them) from my quick glance at those cases.

More radiator options as well. That's why I switched out my Meshify C for a 4000D. It allowed me to put a 280mm rad up top, which I couldn't get by with on the Meshify.

15 hours ago, Middcore said:

Beyond that I'm not going to discuss this further because you seem rather worked up about it and I don't think it's productive. 

I stepped away because you're right; I did get worked up about it and it was not being useful to the Author (who likely will never read this until months later). 

14 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

Frankly, NZXT hasn't cared about airflow since..... Maybe the Phantom series? Every H case since the H440 (AFAIL the one that popularized a PSU basement) has had minimal side ventilation to meet an aesthetic. Trust me, I'd be thrilled if they pulled a Phanteks and made a H510A, but they wont; the H510 sells too well as is to be bothered creating something new only for it to not be as popular as what they currently have. (I think only the PC-O11D matches the H510 in popularity, and possibly sales) I'd be interested to see data on this Of curse I would be.... fucking case nerd that I am

12 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

Ive had conversations with people with this exact argument: "Oh but the (NR400/P400A/TD500 Mesh/Meshify C/500DX/Lancool 215) has similar aesthetics and is better airflow" to which I've been told "I dont like the look of mesh/that front panel, I want something flat". 😑

When explained to them on why having a breathable front panel is important, some users would make the switch. Others, I was able to convince to get something like the Meshify C, which has better side ventilation and noted static pressure fans would help overcome the resistance created by the front panel, but still keep that "Flat solid front look" (Rosewill CULLINAN MX was often a good substitute since it cane with fans, properly positioned, though it's RGB is controlled via remote)   I've had more than one encounter though that they were too aesthetics motivated to care, and at that point you just have to give them a heat advisory and move on.