Need help reverting back to stock rom.

Sidtyagi5

I am running havoc OS on my galaxy S8 g950F and now i want to revert back to the stock rom. After watching youtube i seem to get it, but the real problem is that i cant find the rom for my country and the only 2 i could find were of android 8.0. Should i install the 8.0 stock firmware and then update through the normal software update? 

6 minutes ago, Sidtyagi5 said:

I am running havoc OS on my galaxy S8 g950F and now i want to revert back to the stock rom. After watching youtube i seem to get it, but the real problem is that i cant find the rom for my country and the only 2 i could find were of android 8.0. Should i install the 8.0 stock firmware and then update through the normal software update? 

Im curious as to why you want to revert to stock rom, since i also plan on custom romming once i get a phone that has one, cause all i know right now is custom rom >>> stock rom

You can. However where are searching for firmware? A quick search on SamMobile has a quite a large selection of Android 9 firmwares dated for July of this year for various countries.

5 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Im curious as to why you want to revert to stock rom, since i also plan on custom romming once i get a phone that has one, cause all i know right now is custom rom >>> stock rom

Yeah, no doubt custom roms are wayyyy better, i was running android 11 with a custom rom. The thing is uprading from havoc os 4.2 to 4.6 introduced a lot of bugs and i have tanked the battery life of my s8 ( about 2.5 hours of screen on time). 

5 hours ago, OhioYJ said:

You can. However where are searching for firmware? A quick search on SamMobile has a quite a large selection of Android 9 firmwares dated for July of this year for various countries.

Yeah i searched on Sam mobile, their were two roms that met my regional requriments but they were on android 8. After installing the custom rom will is still get software updates like is used to?

3 hours ago, Sidtyagi5 said:

Yeah, no doubt custom roms are wayyyy better, i was running android 11 with a custom rom. The thing is uprading from havoc os 4.2 to 4.6 introduced a lot of bugs and i have tanked the battery life of my s8 ( about 2.5 hours of screen on time). 

Run something other than Havoc? I know for many of my devices there always seems to be controversy around the Havoc builds which usually leads to their threads being removed from XDA. I can see why people might want to run it, but I can also see why it might have issues. 

3 hours ago, Sidtyagi5 said:

Yeah i searched on Sam mobile, their were two roms that met my regional requriments but they were on android 8. After installing the custom rom will is still get software updates like is used to?

Yes. At this point I only have a couple Samsung devices left. However I go back to stock every now and then to get device fingerprints to submit to the MagiskHide Props Config Module, and they update like normal. No issues at all.  I let them update fully, grab the new device fingerprints, then go back to Lineage.

4 hours ago, Sidtyagi5 said:

Hmm, good to know

Maybe just revert to havoc os 4.2?

Cause thats prob gonna be better than the shitty stock rom thats prob never gonna get updated anymore

I might wanna get a used s10 or note 10 in the future cause flagship phones seem to tank in value once they are 1-2 generations behind the current gen, plus they have good specs and hardware along with a bunch of roms, recoveries, kernels, etc. That can allow more things that can be controlled by the user, even overclocking