What can I do with this setup?

Hello,

I am on a real tight budget of $450, and so, I went to part picker and put together something. I want to know if ill be able to stream Minecraft at a comfortable quality and FPS.

Here is the build (some parts missing because my friend is gifting me some.)

CPU: 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard:

Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 Micro ATX AM4

SSD:

Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

GPU:

MSI NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 770 4gb

8gs of ram

I saw some tests on Minecraft that showed upward of 100 FPS with my parts, so maybe ill get around 50-60 while streaming?

Thanks

Depends on your definition of "comfortable quality and FPS". You can run Minecraft at 1080@30 on a raspberry pi if you set your render distance to a single chunk. 

Personally I would save a bit / wait for prices to come down on a better GPU. even a used GTX 1050ti would be a good bump over a GT 1030.

I would also limit your expectations to 1080@60 on low settings if you plan on streaming at the same time.

16 minutes ago, spooky.gray_ said:

Hello,

I am on a real tight budget of $450, and so, I went to part picker and put together something. I want to know if ill be able to stream Minecraft at a comfortable quality and FPS.

Here is the build (some parts missing because my friend is gifting me some.)

CPU: 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard:

Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 Micro ATX AM4

SSD:

Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

GPU:

Asus GeForce GT 1030 2 GB

8gs of ram

I saw some tests on Minecraft that showed upward of 100 FPS with my parts, so maybe ill get around 50-60 while streaming?

Thanks

Id swap the ryzen 5 for a ryzen 3 3100 or 3300x and upgrade the board to a better b450 so its abit more futureproof

You are going to want to oc the cpu cause mc is single threaded, i think on these cpus the oc you can expect for the ryzen 3 seems to be 4.5ghz w around 1.4-1.45v

And honestly id try finding a cheaper used card instead of a 1030, maybe you can find some gtx 400-900 series or r9 graphics cards for a decent price

And for streaming just buy a tesla k10 off ebay and use that, you could do some hackery to make it output out of another gpu but im not sure if you want to deal with that

15 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Id swap the ryzen 5 for a ryzen 3 3100 or 3300x and upgrade the board to a better b450 so its abit more futureproof

You are going to want to oc the cpu cause mc is single threaded, i think on these cpus the oc you can expect for the ryzen 3 seems to be 4.5ghz w around 1.4-1.45v

Good call, but if you are going with that CPU (3 3100) and overclock it you need to buy a better cooler. With stock cooler it can be overclocked np at 4.2 ghz, but if you want to push it higher safely and stable you will need better cooling. (I biuilt a system with that chip lately, it really is good value and overclocks like a charm)

47 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

And honestly id try finding a cheaper used card instead of a 1030, maybe you can find some gtx 400-900 series or r9 graphics cards for a decent price

And for streaming just buy a tesla k10 off ebay and use that, you could do some hackery to make it output out of another gpu but im not sure if you want to deal with that

would a 770 be better? @

42 minutes ago, ET_Explorer said:

And you need 16GB's of ram to play games.

Depends on what hes playing/doing. If he figures he has not enough he can always just throw another 8GB stick in there. Since he's on a tight budget, that's what I'd recommend.