Any suggestions for a good Wifi card that won't break the bank

ZiyaadD

I live in the UK, and don't want to spend anything over £30, ideally I'm looking at the £20 mark. My room is a floor above the router and hence I have this Wi-Fi booster. I'm currently using a dongle but the cut outs are getting annoying. When I'm gaming the connection can also get really unbearable. I've linked my build here (see the first table)The document also has other little details you may need.

Cudy AX3000

3 hours ago, wavem2 said:

Cudy AX3000

Will I be able to fit this in my motherboard? It requires a USB header and I believe my motherboard only has two, both of which are being occupied.

10 minutes ago, ZiyaadD said:

Will I be able to fit this in my motherboard? It requires a USB header and I believe my motherboard only has two, both of which are being occupied.

Doesn't appear so, no. Should have mentioned that both USB headers are occupied.

What are they currently being used for?

1 minute ago, wavem2 said:

Doesn't appear so, no. Should have mentioned that both USB headers are occupied.

What are they currently being used for?

My CPU cooler and one of the cables that came with the case I believe. I can check but I'm pretty sure that's it

2 minutes ago, ZiyaadD said:

My CPU cooler and one of the cables that came with the case I believe. I can check but I'm pretty sure that's it

Alright, well that makes sense, then.

The TP-Link AC1300 doesn't look like it needs extra motherboard plugin, but I can't really see. Unsure.

3 minutes ago, wavem2 said:

Alright, well that makes sense, then.

The TP-Link AC1300 doesn't look like it needs extra motherboard plugin, but I can't really see. Unsure.

The USB cable that came with my case powers the ports at the front of the case correct?

1 minute ago, ZiyaadD said:

The USB cable that came with my case powers the ports at the front of the case correct?

Yes.

2 minutes ago, ZiyaadD said:

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3389780?clickSR=slp:term:tp link wifi dongle:7:32:1 This is the dongle I am currently using. If I go with the other card how much of a jump would it be from what I have right now?

I've used this adapter in the past, I got around 70mbps from it, on the 5GHz band.

If your internet can support it, the AC1300 would be over 10 times the speed.

Go to speedtest.net to test your internet speed and see what you get for download and upload. And, do you know what your internet plan's speed is direct from your ISP?

6 minutes ago, wavem2 said:

I've used this adapter in the past, I got around 70mbps from it, on the 5GHz band.

If your internet can support it, the AC1300 would be over 10 times the speed.

Go to speedtest.net to test your internet speed and see what you get for download and upload. And, do you know what your internet plan's speed is direct from your ISP?

Speedtest resuls:

For 5G:  7.22/3.06

For 2.4G: 32.04/10.01

I believe we are currently on a 100 mbps plan. We are with virgin media under a £28/month plan sounds appropriate.