I genuinely do not know what is wrong with my phone and i need help (Samsung s10+)

wiziblizi

So as of this morning, my phone's display has been completely inactive, initally i thought this couldve been one of two things, either the screen is busted or there isnt enough charge. However when i attempted to boot my phone, i saw the inital "samsung s10 plus powered by nox" and then nothing after that... I've had really really bad software issues on this phone, like consistent crashing that ive never seen from any other phone

for some backstory of the physical form of this phone. My phone had software issues every since i first got it, i figured it was an app or smth so I just let it be. Physically, the phone has missing glass in the bottom two corners and has a white line at the bottom of the screen... Which inheritely is bad but allows me to see when the screen is failing or when my phone crashed.. When i force restart boot my phone, the logo appears alongside the white bar, but the white bar then also turns off the second the phone leaves the "samsung s10 plus powered by nox" screen and attempts to go to the "samsung" screen.

for me, this is one of two things, 1. There is a software issue that does not allow the screen to show or something. or 2. The screen is genuinely busted. I could be completely wrong though

UPDATE: i dropped my phone and it fixed itself

15 minutes ago, wiziblizi said:

So as of this morning, my phone's display has been completely inactive, initally i thought this couldve been one of two things, either the screen is busted or there isnt enough charge. However when i attempted to boot my phone, i saw the inital "samsung s10 plus powered by nox" and then nothing after that... I've had really really bad software issues on this phone, like consistent crashing that ive never seen from any other phone

for some backstory of the physical form of this phone. My phone had software issues every since i first got it, i figured it was an app or smth so I just let it be. Physically, the phone has missing glass in the bottom two corners and has a white line at the bottom of the screen... Which inheritely is bad but allows me to see when the screen is failing or when my phone crashed.. When i force restart boot my phone, the logo appears alongside the white bar, but the white bar then also turns off the second the phone leaves the "samsung s10 plus powered by nox" screen and attempts to go to the "samsung" screen.

for me, this is one of two things, 1. There is a software issue that does not allow the screen to show or something. or 2. The screen is genuinely busted. I could be completely wrong though

Does the screen work in download mode? (plug it in and hold bixby + vol down + power), should show a teal Warning Screen where you can press vol up to enter Download Mode.

If it does I can walk you through the process of flashing firmware via Odin (it should preserve the phone's data). This should rule out a software issue.

Edited by Mnky313
clarification

why no dark mode?
Current:

Watercooled Eluktronics THICC-17 (Clevo X170SM-G):
CPU: i9-10900k @ 4.9GHz all core
GPU: RTX 2080 Super (Max P 200W)
RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) @ 3200MTs

Storage: 512GB HP EX NVMe SSD, 2TB Silicon Power NVMe SSD
Displays: Asus ROG XG-17 1080p@240Hz (G-Sync), IPS 1080p@240Hz (G-Sync), Gigabyte M32U 4k@144Hz (G-Sync), External Laptop panel (LTN173HT02) 1080p@120Hz

Asus ROG Flow Z13 (GZ301ZE) W/ Increased Power Limit:
CPU: i9-12900H @ Up to 5.0GHz all core
- dGPU: RTX 3050 Ti 4GB

- eGPU: RTX 3080 (mobile) XGm 16GB
RAM: 16GB (8x2GB) @ 5200MTs

Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD, 1TB MicroSD
Display: 1200p@120Hz

Asus Zenbook Duo (UX481FLY):

- GPU: RTX 3050 Ti 4GB
RAM: 32GB @ 4800 MTs

Storage: OEM 1TB M.2
Display: Main 1800p@120Hz OLED + Screnpad Plus 2880x864@120Hz

Custom Game Server:

CPUs: Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.1GHz all core

RAM: 128GB (4x32GB) DDR5 @ whatever it'll boot at xD (I think it's 3600MTs)

Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue NVMe SSD in RAID 1, 4x 10TB HGST Enterprise HDD in RAID Z1

22 minutes ago, wiziblizi said:

However when i attempted to boot my phone, i saw the inital "samsung s10 plus powered by nox" and then nothing after that... I've had really really bad software issues on this phone, like consistent crashing that ive never seen from any other phone

Congrats, you encounter your first softbrick.

If youre still under warranty, you better off going to samsung's service center. Theyll flash it away from you, usually only for a half working days.

If youre out of warranty, you might as well flash it yourself. XDA has a comprehensive post about flashing stock ROM into a bricked device.

But do be noted either way, you gonna lose your data. If your phone is unlocked without any PINs nor security authentication, itll be fine, just turn on the device and you should be able to transfer datas from there to any computers you got but if you do have some youre screwed.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

so after like 15 mins of messing with it there are a few things i found out

1. occasionally, there are screens that would function as normal,

2. when those screens do function, they function properly until they either change scenarios (i can move around the screens and that but if its switching between bootup screen1 and 2 those are considered different scenarios) or i power off my phone

this just makes me more confused

17 minutes ago, Mnky313 said:

Does the screen work in download mode? (plug it in and hold bixby + vol down + power), should show a teal Warning Screen where you can press vol up to enter Download Mode.

If it does I can walk you through the process of flashing firmware via Odin (it should preserve the phone's data). This should rule out a software issue.

Because of what i mentioned above, i have to repeat the process like 100 tijmes for it to show, ill see if i can get it there though,

2 minutes ago, wiziblizi said:

so after like 15 mins of messing with it there are a few things i found out

1. occasionally, there are screens that would function as normal,

2. when those screens do function, they function properly until they either change scenarios (i can move around the screens and that but if its switching between bootup screen1 and 2 those are considered different scenarios) or i power off my phone

this just makes me more confused

Because of what i mentioned above, i have to repeat the process like 100 tijmes for it to show, ill see if i can get it there though,

Ok, it seems like the screen is just failing.

If you hold power and vol down to force a reboot does it always show the first splash screen with the 's10 plus powered by knox' etc. but then just goes black when it's supposed to display the samsung logo?

why no dark mode?
Current:

Displays: Asus ROG XG-17 1080p@240Hz (G-Sync), IPS 1080p@240Hz (G-Sync), Gigabyte M32U 4k@144Hz (G-Sync), External Laptop panel (LTN173HT02) 1080p@120Hz

Custom Game Server:

Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue NVMe SSD in RAID 1, 4x 10TB HGST Enterprise HDD in RAID Z1

1 minute ago, Mnky313 said:

Ok, it seems like the screen is just failing.

If you hold power and vol down to force a reboot does it always show the first splash screen with the 's10 plus powered by knox' etc. but then just goes black when it's supposed to display the samsung logo?

thats whats happening yea, the small circle screen when you force restart your phone while its charging is also always showing up when its supposed to

Just now, wiziblizi said:

thats whats happening yea, the small circle screen when you force restart your phone while its charging is also always showing up when its supposed to

ok, interesting. When you see that circle charging screen hold power + vol down + bixby, that should get you into download mode.

why no dark mode?
Current:

Custom Game Server:

3 minutes ago, Mnky313 said:

ok, interesting. When you see that circle charging screen hold power + vol down + bixby, that should get you into download mode.

I am currently in what i assume to be a download mode with no signs of a screen though, is there potentially a way of getting a view of whats happening on my phone through my pc without having any apps?

Just now, wiziblizi said:

I am currently in what i assume to be a download mode with no signs of a screen though, is there potentially a way of getting a view of whats happening on my phone through my pc without having any apps?

there is a few apps but all of them require you to be booted into android normally and have USB debugging enabled,

Did you see the initial teal screen and hitting volume up made the screen go black? Or did you not even see that initial screen?

why no dark mode?
Current:

Custom Game Server:

Just now, Mnky313 said:

there is a few apps but all of them require you to be booted into android normally and have USB debugging enabled,

Did you see the initial teal screen and hitting volume up made the screen go black? Or did you not even see that initial screen?

didnt even see the initial screen, just assumed im in download mode based on what ive been pressing and just not hearing the initial boot sound

1 minute ago, wiziblizi said:

didnt even see the initial screen, just assumed im in download mode based on what ive been pressing and just not hearing the initial boot sound

hmmm, I thought maybe it had something to do with display brightness, but if it can't even get to the download mode screen idk.

My best suggestion is if it does boot up normally but nothing shows up on the display you can plug it into a USB C hub with HDMI and connect it to a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. from there you should be able to access all the file and back them up either to a thumb drive or the cloud.

why no dark mode?
Current:

Custom Game Server:

1 minute ago, Mnky313 said:

hmmm, I thought maybe it had something to do with display brightness, but if it can't even get to the download mode screen idk.

My best suggestion is if it does boot up normally but nothing shows up on the display you can plug it into a USB C hub with HDMI and connect it to a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. from there you should be able to access all the file and back them up either to a thumb drive or the cloud.

aight then, so ill need a new phone, do you know any decent phones on the cheaper end?

1 minute ago, wiziblizi said:

aight then, so ill need a new phone, do you know any decent phones on the cheaper end?

Itll still be cheaper for you to replace the screen than getting any low end phones, even if you go with out-of-warranty repairs. 

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 minute ago, SorryClaire said:

Itll still be cheaper for you to replace the screen than getting any low end phones, even if you go with out-of-warranty repairs. 

thats fair, ill look into getting a screen repair then. Thanks for all the help!

2 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

2 hours ago, Mnky313 said:

so funny story, i dropped my phone by mistake walking out of the house and my phone fixed itself. That was fun

4 hours ago, wiziblizi said:

so funny story, i dropped my phone by mistake walking out of the house and my phone fixed itself. That was fun

Classic car fixing method, still doesnt mean that the main issue is fixed. Keep a close eye on them.