PG32UQ - No Motion Blur Reduction

SightUp
1 hour ago, SightUp said:

I was thinking about this monitor. What are your thoughts?

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asus-rog-swift-pg32uqx-review

It says there are is no motion blur reduction but it also says there was no noticeable blur. I am so confused. Lol.

Motion blur reduction is backlight strobing, which introduces black frames in between the normal frames to improve motion clarity at the cost of introducing flickering. It's also not useable when G-Sync is enabled with most monitors (There are a few asus monitors that can do it with VRR enabled though).

As long as you're no high-end competitive gamer, this missing feature shouldn't be an issue for you in the first place. And if you'd be a competitive gamer, you wouldn't look at this monitor in the first place.

But as this monitor uses an older type of IPS panel it's quite a bit slower than the most current NanoIPS panels from LG and the FastIPS panels from AUO. So the slower pixels on this monitor introduce some motion blur.

From what i saw this monitor suffers from quite a bit of blooming. Likely because it's IPS and the low native contrast makes it easier for light to bleed through the pixels even though it shouldn't. 

If you're for the lookout of an HDR monitor i'd also take a look at the Asus PG35VQ or the Acer Predator X35. They're 200Hz VA ultrawide panels that have higher native contrast and can supress bloom quite a bit better, albeit not for the same brightness as the PG32UQX. The PG35VQ is "only" 1100nits peak, which is still enough as most HDR games are graded for 1000 nits and won't be brighter on the PG32UQX either way. (If the monitor processes the HDR input correctly, the maximum brightness is dependant on what the content creator mastered in. So the HDR1400 brightness won't do much either way). Plus i got my PG35VQ for half the price of a new PG32UQX.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Most BFI implementations on LCD displays cause strobe crosstalk, to vary degrees of severity.

In theory its a great feature, and when its properly synced with refresh rate, its works a charm, but in most cases its crap.

IMO your better of looking for the highest refresh and fast pixel response display u can get if u want the best moving image clarity.

The PG32UQX is a rather slow IPS display in regards to pixel response so its moving image isnt particularly clear even with OD enabled.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |