Is is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4GB GDDR6 still good for gaming?!

BeornBear

In a lot of prebuild gaming computers, Nvidia GTX 1650 is quite common. Is is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4GB GDDR6 still good for gaming for medium to high settings at 1080p?! As it has DDR6, I suspect that it have slightly better performance over the original Nvidia GTX 1650 with DDR5. 

It'll be okay?  It's not going to be able to handle some of the tougher titles already, so don't expect it to be a miracle worker of a card.  Probably around a 1060 generally?

A 1650 Super is still a fine card for 1080p medium to high settings. Depending on the games the GTX 1050 (non-Ti) would do medium settings 1080p. The price to performance on the prebuilts with those cards usually isn't great, so a step up model might be a good idea, but for the most part it's still a great beginner gaming card, especially if you get a good deal on it. 

For the link, I wonder if the fps is for the older version of Nvidia GTX 1650 with ddr5 RAM. There is no indication if it is the Nvidia GTX 1650 Super with ddr6 RAM. Within my budget, I can only afford a Desktop PC with I5 11th generation (6 core - 12 thread) with 16 GB DDR4 1966 mhz RAM, 500 GB ssd, 1 TB Sata Harddrive, optical drive and Nvidia gtx 1650 super. If I were to do any upgrades in the future, I would likely have a preference of upgrading the RAM to 32 GB. 

I am currently using an Acer Veriton i5-2400 with 16 GB RAM, 480 GB SSD and Nvidia gt 1030 which is a painful experience. 

3 minutes ago, BeornBear said:

I am currently using an Acer Veriton i5-2400 with 16 GB RAM, 480 GB SSD and Nvidia gt 1030 which is a painful experience. 

Overclock the 1030 for more performance

I have overclocked it. However, most modern games must be in 720p instead of 1080p. The i5-2400 is almost 10-years old. 4 cores and 4 threads. An 11th gen I5 should provide better multitasking and responsiveness.  

3 hours ago, BeornBear said:

If I were to do any upgrades in the future, I would likely have a preference of upgrading the RAM to 32 GB. 

I would advise against that, at least if your goal is to improve gaming performance. Even the most recent games never use all of 16GB of RAM or more. Your bottleneck is more likely going to be the GPU. It would be the first thing I upgrade in the future. For now it should do fine though. How much power can the PSU deliver?

The power supply is 360 Watts. I only would use it of occasional gaming. My steam games include GTA V, Rise of the tomb raider, shadow of the tomb raider, jedi fallen order and cs go. My aim would be to use medium to high settings in order to reach 60 fps. I use dual 21" monitors which run at 60 htz. By year end, I will save up for new monitors. I am more focused on using it for work, plex server and creating virtual machines in oracle virtualbox and hyper-v. I suspect that the I5 11th gen should be good for multitasking. I am currently looking at a budget NAS. 

Too weak.

But it all depends on details you play,resolution,framerate etc...

Minimum for >60 gps would be 1660 Super at high/medium details at 1080p in recent titles.

You can not play nicely with that card Metro Exodus at 1080p or RDR 2 or Odyssay etc...

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.