32GB 2666mhz VS 16GB 3200mhz

I currently have a ryzen 5 3600 on a MSI B450m Mortar Max with 16gb of 2666mhz memory from hyperx. I wanna upgrade and I am thinking of getting the T Force Delta 16gb 2x8 3200mhz. I have two things in mind that I would want to do. First, is to use all the memory I have. But based on research, I'm only gonna be able to have 2666mhz because of the hyperx memory. The only plus side to this is that I am getting double the amount of memory I have which is 16gb going to 32gb. The second option I have in mind is to remove the two sticks of 2666mhz ram and only use the 3200mhz from t force. What would be the better option here? Thanks.

What are you hoping to accomplish here?

Do you need more ram as you are running out right now? Buy more ram. Are you not running out? Don't buy more ram.

Just now, jaslion said:

What are you hoping to accomplish here?

Do you need more ram as you are running out right now? Buy more ram. Are you not running out? Don't buy more ram.

I currently have no tasks that use and maximize all the 16gb of ram that I have. But I saw some benchmarks that going from 2666mhz to 3200mhz will give you some significant improvement, specifically for games. I don't play AAA games because of my bad GPU (1050 mini), but I mainly play Valorant. I usually play at the 150-200 fps range. When  upgrade to a kit of 3200mhz, will I see significant improvements?

3 minutes ago, medyobano said:

I currently have no tasks that use and maximize all the 16gb of ram that I have. But I saw some benchmarks that going from 2666mhz to 3200mhz will give you some significant improvement, specifically for games. I don't play AAA games because of my bad GPU (1050 mini), but I mainly play Valorant. I usually play at the 150-200 fps range. When  upgrade to a kit of 3200mhz, will I see significant improvements?

Probably a little but do you even need more fps? Can your screen even display it?

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Probably a little but do you even need more fps? Can your screen even display it?

Hmmmm. Good point. Made me realize that I only have a 75hz monitor. Will be looking into 144hz monitors in the 150$ range. Thanks for the help!

1 minute ago, medyobano said:

Hmmmm. Good point. Made me realize that I only have a 75hz monitor. Will be looking into 144hz monitors in the 150$ range. Thanks for the help!

Yeah no point in going for more fps or performance when the current monitor cannot even display all the fps you get.

5 minutes ago, medyobano said:

You can overclock your monitor, though ive only had experience with ocing 60hz to 75hz

Not sure how high 75hz will go, maybe 90hz or 85hz

Btw you can just oc your ram to 3200mhz, with enough volts on the imc and ram you might be able to get 3600mhz

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

You can overclock your monitor, though ive only had experience with ocing 60hz to 75hz

Not sure how high 75hz will go, maybe 90hz or 85hz

I have a 60 Hz monitor that can go as high as 85 Hz, so it really depends on the monitor.

24 minutes ago, medyobano said:

The second option I have in mind is to remove the two sticks of 2666mhz ram and only use the 3200mhz from t force. What would be the better option here? Thanks.

If you mix 3200 MHz with 2666 MHz it would run at 2666 MHz anyway unless you overclock manually. The CPUs memory controller can only run at a single speed at a time and that defaults to the slowest stick in the system. So the better option would probably to go with only 3200 MHz, unless you definitely need 32 GB.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

15 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

I have a 60 Hz monitor that can go as high as 85 Hz, so it really depends on the monitor.

Actually my dads craptop can run at 85hz aswell but the image becomes really blurry and weird so i stuck with 75hz cause going over that = weird blurry image effect