Take a Look at How Microsoft Claims the Cloud Will Change Gaming

supaginge

I'm sure cloud will play some part in the future. It won't take over, but it may split the market. Would have been interesting to see what happens when somebody in your house starts downloading something and your bandwidth drops. Or latency to the server spikes momentarily? I guess every solution has it's tradeoffs.

It's interesting to note that Valve's opnion on this is totally the opposite to Microsoft, even though they are in a great position to cash in. Gabe said that if we started off in a world of cloud gaming we would be trying to move away from that towards a world of client end hardware, not the other way around.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/07/future-imperfect-valve-still-not-sold-on-cloud-gaming/

Cloud is for storing bits of imformation you don't really care about. Real content creators do everything locally on their own system or within a network..not pulled from the sky.

Impressive but I think the problem is not about servers doing the computation is about the necessary infrastructure to reduce the latency.

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

repost this was posted today i will try to find the link

Here

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

i edited my post with the link thanks though

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

I don't know why you don't believe in this. First of all, this isn't about "the image looks like shit and anything can run it". Its cpu intensive, notgpu intensive. Do you have any idea how many calculations are being run on this simulation?? The whole point of this is to offload these to remote servers so that your cpu has more room to do stuff like physx type calculations

It doesnt matter if it has a few cpu calculations 

Any decent cpu could handle that with no issue 

AnimeFAN

Hey, sorry for going off-topic, but you still have a Santa hat on :(

lol im just too lazy to change it back. I need to find the image still. We're already half way done with the year almost, i might just keep it ;)

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

It doesnt matter if it has a few cpu calculations 

Any decent cpu could handle that with no issue 

First of all that's not true. Go to 3dmark and see your fps on the physics calculations. I have a 4670k and it would be unplayable if it were a game. And that doesn't even matter. If this existed, you could get away with spending more money on a gpu and get a cheaper cpu

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Pretty sure latency will be a problem and always relying on something that has to be online isn't that good imo as there's always a chance that it will go offline. But its a neat thing that Microsoft has made.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer