Take a Look at How Microsoft Claims the Cloud Will Change Gaming

supaginge

When I found this I immediately watched the video and within 20 seconds I knew it was BS. When one of the guys said the one on the top right is on a "High End Machine" even though it's only running at 32fps and that the frame rate tanks the moment he does anything. So either it is really unoptimised or just completely fake

Kotaku Quote - "The basic idea was that game developers would be able to offload processing chores for things like AI behavior to remote servers, letting the local hardware focus on different tasks like rendering an environment. Representatives from Microsoft showed it to the press at E3 last year"

Original article http://kotaku.com/take-a-look-at-how-microsoft-claims-the-cloud-will-chan-1557822675

As you can probably tell I do not like things that do not seem legit

AnimeFAN

Webpage blocked... :(

I guess I have to wait until I get home to read it, but it does sound pretty silly from how you've described it. 

//ccap

seriously a high end machine can't handle that what is that high end machine powered by a potato

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Nope. The latency issue has not been solved yet. Until it is solved cloud gaming won't become a thing.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I don't really think cloud gaming will ever be a thing, the only thing I can think of is you download the portion of the game you're playing from the cloud and its stored in the ram. Than dumbed when changing levels or whatever. Than they download the next chunk. But that doesn't really seem practical

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

the "power of the cloud" is more like "the powerless cloud" really until Internet Speeds are up to the task and something called Bandwidth Cap is removed from our lives. 

By the time i finished a 1 hour game session(bugged with 500ms latency) my monthly cap will be done and ill be internet-less for the next 30 days and 23 hours.

Till then no cloud for me, and for other whole bunch of people too(millions?)

Thanks but no thanks

PS: to Cloud providers: TALK TO MY ISP FIRST!!!

PC Gaming forever...

seriously a high end machine can't handle that what is that high end machine powered by a potato

Well GLaDOS can run off a potato, so they must be pretty powerful....

So when my internet goes out, will halo 7 run at 5fps?

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

Well GLaDOS can run off a potato, so they must be pretty powerful....

But GLaDOS is really power efficient 

AnimeFAN

But GLaDOS is really power efficient 

So are Nvidia cards and Intel CPUs.

Hmmmm.... maybe I could run my PC of a potato......

So are Nvidia cards and Intel CPUs.

Hmmmm.... maybe I could run my PC of a potato......

Gives me an idea

AnimeFAN

\Would be nice if they told us more about the high end system, it could be crazy powerful, it could be as powerful as my pc or worse

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Its probably running of one of those crappy intel atoms woth no gpu

Or 8yearold hardware

AnimeFAN

Again several places of the world still haven't figured out consumer internet services doing bandwidth caps, overselling, you name it. Until that is figured out you should have put better hardware on your console instead of relying on unreliable technology that depends on an unreliable internet service.

-------

Current Rig

-------

oh so like the ever so successful SimCity right? lol

the problem with cloud gaming isn't the gaming software - it's the infrastructure it travels on

stupid article, stupid statement imo. MS really doesn't seem to have a clue - this is hardly a fresh idea

I hate cloud gaming. Local compute forever.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Eh. Considering fiber Internet is picking up, I'd imagine ISPs will be forced to provide the connections required to make cloud gaming a reality.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

It seems like im the only one on the planet who atually gets what i pay for

75mbit down and 20up

AnimeFAN

I live in a place with cheap gigabit fiber and 0 caps with 200 megabit upload. and i still find this bullshit. 

IT CAN BE USED LIKE THEY SAID. BUT THERE ARE TOO MANY THINGS LIMITING THE TECH RIGHT NOW.

Sorry for screaming. Repressed emotions.

It's a promising idea but it's got way too many road blocks in the way for it to be cared about at the moment by the average household.  Too many people in office that still remember the invention of the television and could care less about fiber and don't understand what the ISPs are up to.  And the ISPs that can't be bothered to upgrade their infrastructure. 

When I found this I immediately watched the video and within 20 seconds I knew it was BS. When one of the guys said the one on the top right is on a "High End Machine" even though it's only running at 32fps and that the frame rate tanks the moment he does anything. So either it is really unoptimised or just completely fake

Kotaku Quote - "The basic idea was that game developers would be able to offload processing chores for things like AI behavior to remote servers, letting the local hardware focus on different tasks like rendering an environment. Representatives from Microsoft showed it to the press at E3 last year"

Original article http://kotaku.com/take-a-look-at-how-microsoft-claims-the-cloud-will-chan-1557822675

As you can probably tell I do not like things that do not seem legit

I don't know why you don't believe in this. First of all, this isn't about "the image looks like shit and anything can run it". Its cpu intensive, notgpu intensive. Do you have any idea how many calculations are being run on this simulation?? The whole point of this is to offload these to remote servers so that your cpu has more room to do stuff like physx type calculations

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

"This wouldn't be possible without the cloud" lol

I think Nvidia has something to say about that:

RTX2070OC 

I don't know why you don't believe in this. First of all, this isn't about "the image looks like shit and anything can run it". Its cpu intensive, notgpu intensive. Do you have any idea how many calculations are being run on this simulation?? The whole point of this is to offload these to remote servers so that your cpu has more room to do stuff like physx type calculations

Hey, sorry for going off-topic, but you still have a Santa hat on :(

first, the best internet connection i can get is 350Kb/s, i don't think the cloud will be that useful for me

second, that thing is either unoptimized, or they have the "high end pc" being junk, how about you tell me the specs, because if it can only do 32fps, that itself is a problem.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online