For what reason is my smartphone much faster than my computer?

To start, I'm going to say it's not.

I’m going to try and keep it simple, but there are a lot of factors here.

You're phone runs on a completely different type of processor (CPU) architecture called ARM. Your computer likely runs on x64. Speeds of both are hard to measure as they both work completely differently, but to sum it up, your CPU in your computer will run much faster, especially in bigger tasks, whereas in smaller tasks which require a very quick spike in power, such as loading a webpage, the CPU in your phone will likely spike faster.

Next there is the operating system (OS). Mobile operating systems are much smaller in size than desktop OSs which will be the reason your phone boots up quicker from a full shutdown. They are also much lighter which means there are far less background tasks running at any one time on a phone.

Finally for this answer there is storage. Mobile storage has become increasingly quick and fast for reading and writing data in recent years. Chances are if you have a mechanical hard drive (HDD) in your PC, then your phone actually will be faster at accessing data than your PC. Although there are ways to get much faster storage in your PC than in your phone if you have a bit of cash spare.

My suggestion to you if you want a better experience on your computer, then make sure your PC doesn't lack where I have mentioned your phone is undoubtedly beating your PC.

To do this, make sure that your PC has decent hardware, including decent storage - you'll never believe how much of a difference a Solid State Drive (SSD) would make to how you experience the speed of your computer, and lastly make sure your PC is not filled up with useless junk programs and data you do not need

I expect my Huawei Mate 20 Pro is faster than my Laptop from 2003.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

...  that's an interesting diatribe...  

Wonder what brought this on?