Can a cooler master MA610P handle a 5800x?

Ubuntubr

As the title says. I'm interested in using my MA610P to cool a Ryzen 7 5800x. But I'd like to know if it can and what are the temps I should be expecting.

2 minutes ago, Ubuntubr said:

As the title says. I'm interested in using my MA610P to cool a Ryzen 7 5800x. But I'd like to know if it can and what are the temps I should be expecting.

Not sure how to predict temperatures unless you find a video of someone testing that setup. But considering the cooler has a TDP of 180w and the cpu will only pull 105w, You should hopefully be looking around 60-70c under load?

I strongly suggest staying away from cooler master. Most of the stuff they sell is cheap garbage.

For roughly the same price range you can get a Noctua NH-U12S redux that will definetly keep your 5800X in check and be reliable and quiet while doing so.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

I strongly suggest staying away from cooler master. Most of the stuff they sell is cheap garbage.

For roughly the same price range you can get a Noctua NH-U12S redux that will definetly keep your 5800X in check and be reliable and quiet while doing so.

ey! CM h500 and h500m, and CM ML240/360r and ML240p  are great 😛 

3 minutes ago, NorKris said:

ey! CM h500 and h500m, and CM ML240/360r and ML240p  are great 😛 

I had the H500 and it did feel cheap. It was okay to build in but nowadays there are much higher quality products with the same price.

Never was a fan of their AiOs and never had one. But if they use their own fans, then they're also just cheap garbage.

Sorry i think it's clear i've had some bad experiences with their stuff. Most of their stuff just feels flimsy and cheap to me.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

32 minutes ago, RhymeGG said:

Not sure how to predict temperatures unless you find a video of someone testing that setup. But considering the cooler has a TDP of 180w and the cpu will only pull 105w, You should hopefully be looking around 60-70c under load?

It does not work like that irl. 5800x is harder to keep cool than a 5900x or 5950x. The problem is not on the wattage its getting the heat out of the cpu. 5800X has the worst binned 8-core ccd:s as the better ones that run with lower voltages and higher clocks are saved for 5950X:s(although your luck can vary and you should try to undervolt and oc your 5800X).