android tv box really slow wifi mxq+s tv box

Go to solution Solved by PcFan90,
20 hours ago, RageTester said:

I don't think you can share wifi if phone is also getting internet connection by being connected to wifi... Module can't handle it.

Paying for internet twice by having SIM card in an old phone is not a great option.

You would be better off returning the TV box and buying a  new one, if it keeps being slow.

Run a proper internet speed test. Maybe it's not your wifi to blame at all and server was just slow!

ok solved it now
set my old phone to be a wifi hotspot have the phone connected to my router and  sitting on top of the tv box and have the tv box connect to the phone and now i get much better in speed test it was 0.1mbps - 0.4mbps now its around 12mbps - 20mbps much still slow but good for what im using the box for

connecting via usb does not work at all

im about 2.5meters away from the router but the wifi is so slow like it can take 10mins to download a 25mb app even on my old slow 4gb 512mb ram phone can download app in 10-15seconds from google play i would use an ethernet cable but where my tv is located cable would have to go across the the floor where people walk 

im only using this box to emulate old games

what can i do?

1st try turning router 180 degrees, maybe it's sending signal best in just 1 direction.

Make sure other devices are not using all the bandwidth.

Maybe update firmware...

Buy external USB wifi dongle, hopefully android compatible. 

If all fails, you can run cables on walls or even ceiling...

15 minutes ago, RageTester said:

1st try turning router 180 degrees, maybe it's sending signal best in just 1 direction.

Make sure other devices are not using all the bandwidth.

Maybe update firmware...

Buy external USB wifi dongle, hopefully android compatible. 

If all fails, you can run cables on walls or even ceiling...

do you think i could use my old phone via usb to tether wifi to the box?

14 minutes ago, PcFan90 said:

do you think i could use my old phone via usb to tether wifi to the box?

I don't think you can share wifi if phone is also getting internet connection by being connected to wifi... Module can't handle it.

Paying for internet twice by having SIM card in an old phone is not a great option.

You would be better off returning the TV box and buying a  new one, if it keeps being slow.

Run a proper internet speed test. Maybe it's not your wifi to blame at all and server was just slow!

20 hours ago, RageTester said:

ok solved it now
set my old phone to be a wifi hotspot have the phone connected to my router and  sitting on top of the tv box and have the tv box connect to the phone and now i get much better in speed test it was 0.1mbps - 0.4mbps now its around 12mbps - 20mbps much still slow but good for what im using the box for

connecting via usb does not work at all

Oh wow with just 2.5 meters... Are you perhaps keeping tv box behind the tv? Other thing I can think off is neighbor wifi interference. You can try changing used channel in router settings.