About fixing my monitor ( asus PA278QV )

TamaTimTom

hey guys, 

so last week theres a big thunderstorm and my monitor ( PA278QV ) died from thunderstrike, ive already contacted asus and they said it didn't get covered by the warranty.

now i got emailed that the fixing cost for my monitor is basically the same price as the monitor itself, ( cost for the fixing is 6.400.000 IDR / 440 USD, while the monitor price was 6.600.000 IDR / 451 USD )

i'm devastated since i really need that monitor.

is there anyway that i can fix it myself ? or do i just eat the price and buy a new one same model / pay for the fixing price ?

Maybe check if you have any active insurance that will cover it. For me that would fall under my general house insurance and i'd probably get the money back from them. But no idea if that kind of insurance is even a thing in indonesia.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Considering a panel is over half the price of the screen and other components are probably fried to I'd say don't bother repairing it as it is very likely everything is broken.

If you have the technical know how, the time, the equipment and the willingness to replace all of the board level components that are likely damaged you can.... But as you posted this in the first place you probably don't and even if you did there is a decent chance that enough components are fried that not only will it take less time to order a replacement but likely less money. Basically if you are of the at least 99% of people out there you would be better off just biting the bullet for a new one.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!