Specs

so don't know much about computers, and I don't really know which forum to use but are these specs decent or is there something a little better I can get?

Settings 6_29_2021 4_17_02 PM (2).png

It's fine for daily use, but not great for modern gaming or productivity workloads.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

For basic web browsing? Yeah, it'll do fine. It won't do too well for a whole lot more than that though. 

What are you looking to do with this computer? 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

Just now, XtPlayz21 said:

i want something that's able to play some games i know these specs can't because I cant even open Assassin's Creed

What games other than AC? Loads of games on GoG that would run, old point and click adventures for example.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

2 minutes ago, XtPlayz21 said:

i want something that's able to play some games i know these specs can't because I cant even open Assassin's Creed

Older and lighter games should run alright, but it definitely won't do well with modern games. I own a system with an Athlon II X4 630 (so just a slightly slower version of the 640 in your screenshot), and it handled Minecraft alright with the settings turned down quite a bit. 

Are you looking to upgrade this computer? 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

Does this system have any discrete graphics card?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, NineEyeRon said:

What games other than AC? Loads of games on GoG that would run, old point and click adventures for example.

gta, the division, fallout 4, and splinter cell: blacklist are the main games

1 minute ago, BondiBlue said:

Older and lighter games should run alright, but it definitely won't do well with modern games. I own a system with an Athlon II X4 630 (so just a slightly slower version of the 640 in your screenshot), and it handled Minecraft alright with the settings turned down quite a bit. 

Are you looking to upgrade this computer? 

yes

yes

What sort of budget do you have? Also, what are the other components in your system (particularly the motherboard)? AM3 doesn't really have a whole lot of options that would be that great of an upgrade. 

1 minute ago, BondiBlue said:

What sort of budget do you have? Also, what are the other components in your system (particularly the motherboard)? AM3 doesn't really have a whole lot of options that would be that great of an upgrade. 

very low until income tax comes in then I can work toward something

8 minutes ago, XtPlayz21 said:

very low until income tax comes in then I can work toward something

Then just wait till you have the money until you can ask about what upgrades you should make. The market changes alot in very short time spans.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

25 minutes ago, XtPlayz21 said:

so don't know much about computers, and I don't really know which forum to use but are these specs decent or is there something a little better I can get?

Settings 6_29_2021 4_17_02 PM (2).png

RAM should be fine, processor is somewhat outdated, although at least it is a quad-core. Please include your other system specifications, if your system doesn't already have an SSD for the OS at least then that's one of the first upgrades I would recommend making.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

1 minute ago, Boomwebsearch said:

RAM should be fine, processor is somewhat outdated, although at least it is a quad-core. Please include your other system specifications, if your system doesn't already have an SSD for the OS at least then that's one of the first upgrades I would recommend making.

Other system? i only have this computer

Other system? i only have this computer

The rest of the specifications for your system. The ones you posted are not complete. We don't know the motherboard model, we don't know the storage, we don't know the GPU...

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Not the worst system but modern Windows will chug on it. I'd suggest a lightweight Linux distro or ChromeOS (since imo all it's good for is web browsing and light office work) and an SSD if it doesn't already have one.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

The rest of the specifications for your system. The ones you posted are not complete. We don't know the motherboard model, we don't know the storage, we don't know the GPU...

where do i find all of that

OK.

Just save up your cash with an eye toward building an entirely new system in a while when prices will have hopefully normalized some and you can head over to the New Builds & Planning subforum with your budget and your goals and people will advise you on a list of parts.

There is nothing that can be done to an Athlon II X4 system that will make it any good for modern games and spending any money on upgrading it for that purpose would be setting the money on fire. 

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

OK.

Just save up your cash with an eye toward building an entirely new system in a while when prices will have hopefully normalized some and you can head over to the New Builds & Planning subforum with your budget and your goals and people will advise you on a list of parts.

There is nothing that can be done to an Athlon II X4 system that will make it any good for modern games and spending any money on upgrading it for that purpose would be setting the money on fire. 

well thank you for helping anyways

5 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Yeah, this is what I was trying to say.

2 minutes ago, XtPlayz21 said:

where do i find all of that

Windows can show you a lot of your hardware specifications, take a look at this video that shows you a few different ways to find this information:

@Boomwebsearch 

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

OK.

also what would be a good price range so i dont overspend on something i could get at a more reasonable price

9 minutes ago, Middcore said:

At least you could get an SSD if your current system doesn't have one, will make a huge difference in overall system responsiveness, you can always move the SSD over to your new build/s in the future. 

PCPartPicker Part List

Storage: Silicon Power Ace A55 256 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($31.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $31.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-29 18:06 EDT-0400

5 minutes ago, XtPlayz21 said:

also what would be a good price range so i dont overspend on something i could get at a more reasonable price

I would say around $350 USD would be a reasonable budget to aim for, as long as you aren't planning to do anything too resource intensive.

@Boomwebsearch 

4 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Yeah, this is what I was trying to say.

Windows can show you a lot of your hardware specifications, take a look at this video that shows you a few different ways to find this information:

System Information 6_29_2021 5_06_20 PM.png

11 minutes ago, XtPlayz21 said:

If you goal is to play Assassin's Creed (by which I assume you mean the recent ones like Valhalla) and other current AAA titles then expect to spend at least a thousand USD. That would be the minimum I can see being plausible any time in 2021 and that is assuming the current inflated prices drop a fair bit. I'd like to be wrong but I don't see the current inflated prices going down any more than that.

6 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

At least you could get an SSD if your current system doesn't have one, will make a huge difference in overall system responsiveness, you can always move the SSD over to your new build/s in the future. 

I would say around $350 USD would be a reasonable budget to aim for, as long as you aren't planning to do anything too resource intensive.

An SSD won't let him play those games though. And $350 right now won't turn his PC into a gaming PC, and also will never be a plausible budget for a new build.

Since OP seems to have very little hardware knowledge I don't want him to misunderstand what we're talking about here.

A person who has $300 and just wants to play games now should buy an Xbox Series S.