Tidal Hifi creditcard scam?

mebaby2
Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,

If you like the quality Tidal had, then consider Amazon Music HD. It's less then half the price if you already have prime, has better quality Audio and a bigger Library.

But reading this i'm glad i never needed to contact Tidal support...

I don't even know why Tidal exists anymore.

Ever had a spam of emails asking for your creditcard/debit card details?

I am having this same issue with the music streaming service Tidal.

I had a 1 month trail, in wich they charge you 1 euro.

I should have known when i was double charged 1 euro, but they payed back 1 euro on their own within a few days.

However i liked the streaming quality and offered library so i decided to extend my "Hifi subscription" for 1 month for 19.99 euros.

But after paying my acount was still labled "Tidal Intro" so i checked to make sure the payment went through and it did.

This is where the "fun" began.

If you are thinking about using Tidal allow me to tell you just how deep the rabbit hole goes when you need tech support XD

TLDR : They have a new person answer a reply every time that doesnt check the reply you gave thus asking for the same info over and over again.

This goes on endlessly with minor progress here and there when a person decides to scroll through a reply and picks up some info of all the info you gave.

I will show you the back and forth of this horrible support with any names and pictures removed, keep in mind not one support workers responds twice its a new person every time.

Contacting support :

Initial request for support throught the website [done so by logging in with active acount]

[Name]

Jun 26, 2021, 9:07 AM EDT

I just extended my hifi subscription and was charged 20 euros but nothing happened

Now my bank says I have a reserved payment for tidal for 20 euros but nothings happening.                                   [after requesting help the payment already went through]

Tidal response :

TIDAL support (TIDAL)

Jun 26, 2021, 2:43 PM EDT

Hello,

Thank you for contacting TIDAL Support.

My name is [Name] and I am happy to help!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find an active TIDAL account under skull-key@hotmail.com. Can you please provide your active account email?

If you're unsure of the username, we have a few other methods to uncover your account. Please click here for those options.

Please be advised since you're having trouble locating the account it may also take us some time to do so. We will get back to you as soon as we can!

I look forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
[Name]
TIDAL Member Support

My response

[Name]

Jun 26, 2021, 4:06 PM EDT

Hello my account is under [my email] and I payed 20 euros today for a hifi sub of 1 month.                               [Fyi this is the email these guys respond to seeing i logged into tidal to request support on the website]
At 15.02 Amsterdam time zone.
Date 26-06-2021.
Transaction reference [number].

Tidal response

TIDAL Support (TIDAL)

Jun 28, 2021, 9:15 AM EDT

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back out.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find an active TIDAL account under .

Since you are seeing charges on your bank statement, your account is registered with an alternate email address, or your email address but with a typo.

There are many ways we can locate an account if you're unsure of the email address you initially used to sign up for TIDAL. Please see the options below:

Alternate Email Addresses
- Provide us with any alternative email addresses that might have been used

If your credit/debit card was charged:
- First 6 digits of the credit card being charged
- Last 4 digits of the credit card
- The expiration date of the credit card
- First and Last name of the cardholder
- Month and date of the charge
- The exact dollar amount of the transaction

If you were charged through a PayPal account:
- Billing Agreement Number
- Transaction ID Number
If you're unsure of how to find the PayPal Billing Agreement Number you can use these steps:
Sign in to your PayPal account.
Click Profile.
Click My Money.
Under "My Pre-Approved Payments," click Update.
Select a merchant's name to see the associated PayPal Billing Agreement Number. (It will start with a 'B')
Once we have three of these we can proceed.

If you were charged through iTunes/Apple Wallet:
Please contact Apple Support (https://getsupport.apple.com/) for assistance, as we don't have access to their system to perform a search.

If you were charged through your mobile (cell phone) carrier:
Contact your mobile carrier's support phone number for assistance, as we do not have access to their inner office payment system to search their database.

Please be advised since you're having trouble locating the account it may take us some time on our end to do so. We will get back to you as soon as we can!

Best Regards,
[Name]
TIDAL Member Support

My response :

[Name]

Jun 28, 2021, 9:27 AM EDT

Hi I'm sorry to disappoint you I did register with [email] and the username is [email] first name [name] second [name].

I choose to extend my membership and choose to pay 19.99 but my account is still labeled as "TIDAL Intro"

I have added a picture of my payment as proof. My banks app doesn't allow printscreens so it is a picture.                                [my english is limited and at this point i was getting annoyed so just sent them full on pictures of ALL details]

And a picture of my account logged in and labeled as "TIDAL Intro" 

I understand that your system might think I don't exist, but I do and I did pay for a sub renewal.                                            [i get they cant find my acount if they cant find my email adress but cmon stop hammering on we found the problem]

I do assume I will get a month of service ones this is fixed?
Paying 20 euros for 30 days feels like a robbery if you can't use it.

Tidal Response

TIDAL Support (TIDAL)

Jun 28, 2021, 2:26 PM EDT

Hi,

Thanks for reaching back out to TIDAL support! I certainly understand your concern. My name is [name] and I am happy to help! 

I can confirm there have been no charges associated with [name]. We will need your help providing the additional specific details to locate your active account please.

In order to move forward with your request, we will need you to provide us with the previously requested information. Without this, we are unable to locate or verify the ownership of the account in order to enact changes.

If billed by credit card: 

- First 6 digits of the credit card being charged (never send the entire card number)
- Last 4 digits of the credit card
- The expiration date of the credit card
- First and Last name of the cardholder

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best Regards,
[name]
TIDAL Member Support

My response :

Skull-key

Jun 28, 2021, 2:32 PM EDT

I have payed with ideal I think in America this counts as a debit card.
[Debit card credentials]
Rabobank Netherlands.

I have been charged 1 euro for trail period (twice) and 1 euro was payed back due to double charge.                      [friendly reminder pictures i said already include all this info]
And I have extended for 1 month at a total cost of 19.99 euro as shown In previous pictures.

Tidal response :

TIDAL Support (TIDAL)

Jun 28, 2021, 7:53 PM EDT

Hello,

Thank you for contacting TIDAL Support.

My name is [name] and I’m happy to help with your request.

In order to locate your account using the card that was charged method, we require additional information.

Important!: Failing to provide the requested data could greatly delay the resolution of your request.

If your credit/debit card was charged (all requested data is required)

1.    First 6 digits of payment method                                                                                                          [already sent multiple times even the intire number when they failed]

2.    Last 4 digits of payment method (please do not send the entire card number)                                   [already sent multiple times even the intire number when they failed]             

3.    Expiration date of payment method                                                                                                      [My bank acount doesnt have a "expiration date" and ideal uses an app not the actual debit card]

4.    First and Last name of the card holder                                                                                                [sent multiple times even a screenshot of tidal logged in with all acount details in sight]

5.    Payment Date                                                                                                                                      [again already said multiple times]

6.    Payment Amount                                                                                                                                 [and again multiple times people....]

Let us know if you have any questions. For answers to FAQs and more visit support.TIDAL.com

Thank you for choosing TIDAL. Have a great rest of your day!

Best Regards,

[name]
TIDAL Member Support

My response :

[Name]

Are you serious I have given all this info several times already are you people running a card scam?

Put 1 person on the case instead of of a new person every response I will not be giving further info until there has been any form of progress.

I have given my name X times my account details  X times and the date and time of the charge X times and ACTUAL Pictures even at this point.           [Trying the angry method seeing giving info does absolutely nothing]

Stop asking for the same information every time and either give me back my money or give me what I payed for.

Sorry for the horrible ?layout? with the emails.

I have never experienced anything like this and this whole mess is just new to me.

16 minutes ago, mebaby2 said:

I have never experienced anything like this and this whole mess is just new to me.

If you are certain that the information you have provided is correct, and they still refuse to proceed with fixing your account, I would at this point compose an e-mail detailing your issue with their service, avoiding angry or intimidating language and asking for a swift resolution or you will have to consider approaching your bank for help. If you still get no joy (I hope you are saving all communication between you and them) then approach your bank and request a reversal of the charge. Your bank may well refuse depending on their terms of use or if they consider you haven't exhausted all avenues of this companies tech support yet.

35 minutes ago, mebaby2 said:

I suggest putting them inside the "spoiler" tag.

Anyhow Tidal is either totally incompetent or giving you the runaround, I suggest contacting your bank, forwarding the evidence to the bank and asking for a chargeback.

You've wasted enough time on Tidal already. If the bank refuses, consider switching banks, seriously , this isn't about stinking 20€, time wasted is damage enough.

As for Tidal as a platform, "DankPods" did a video recently about their... uhmm let's call em services heh:

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

1 minute ago, DigitalGoat said:

If you are certain that the information you have provided is correct, and they still refuse to proceed with fixing your account, I would at this point compose an e-mail detailing your issue with their service, avoiding angry or intimidating language and asking for a swift resolution or you will have to consider approaching your bank for help. If you still get no joy (I hope you are saving all communication between you and them) then approach your bank and request a reversal of the charge. Your bank may well refuse depending on their terms of use or if they consider you haven't exhausted all avenues of this companies tech support yet.

Hey thanks for the response.

Yeh its the correct information seeing its my one and only bank acount and my birth given name i do have 2 email adresses but when i logg into tidal i use my email adress to do so and its shows in my acount details on tidal aswell.

I have a timer set for tonight to give livechat one more try about their help as a whole maybe i can get a single person instead of a new one every sentence.

Where would i send a composed email of my issue with their service ?

And yeh im saving all my communication since i noticed they wer asking for creditcard details etc over and over again it was starting to look dodgy.

1 minute ago, mebaby2 said:

Hey thanks for the response.

Yeh its the correct information seeing its my one and only bank acount and my birth given name i do have 2 email adresses but when i logg into tidal i use my email adress to do so and its shows in my acount details on tidal aswell.

I have a timer set for tonight to give livechat one more try about their help as a whole maybe i can get a single person instead of a new one every sentence.

Where would i send a composed email of my issue with their service ?

And yeh im saving all my communication since i noticed they wer asking for creditcard details etc over and over again it was starting to look dodgy.

They should have a "contact us" link somewhere on their website, this should list an e-mail address, whether they monitor it or not is another matter, if there is no email contact listed then try the live chat, pre prepare your grievance in a text doc then at the right time copy/ paste into the chat.

Regardless of how you feel, there are certain steps in any case of suspect charging that need to be followed to show your bank that you have exhausted the available support provided by the company with no resolution before the bank is likely to help.

So deep breath, take a step back, compose and send the email, wait maybe 7 working days, if no luck, then contact your bank and start the process of a reversal of the charge.

8 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

I suggest putting them inside the "spoiler" tag.

Anyhow Tidal is either totally incompetent or giving you the runaround, I suggest contacting your bank, forwarding the evidence to the bank and asking for a chargeback.

You've wasted enough time on Tidal already. If the bank refuses, consider switching banks, seriously , this isn't about stinking 20€, time wasted is damage enough.

As for Tidal as a platform, "DankPods" did a video about their... uhmm let's call em services heh:

Thanks for the responce and lemme start by saying : Oof XD

I have only used the service for 1 month so i havent been able to experience these issues yet.

But yeh ill look for an alternative ive already tried Deezer/Spotify/Youtube Music[lol]

I havent tried Qobuz because i already noticed they miss allot of music i listen to.

But yeh for my its about the 20 euros and the time wasted tbh XD

I normally wouldnt pay this much for something i can ahem find for free....

But i got tired of ripping CD's seeing i preffer listening to Vinyl wich is just to much work for me to rip to begin with.

But vinyl prices are going up and i dont see the point of owning cd's when you can find digital again ahem for free.

But seeing i listen to allot of music like non stop i figured this would be worth it [boy was i wrong right XD]

4 minutes ago, DigitalGoat said:

They should have a "contact us" link somewhere on their website, this should list an e-mail address, whether they monitor it or not is another matter, if there is no email contact listed then try the live chat, pre prepare your grievance in a text doc then at the right time copy/ paste into the chat.

Regardless of how you feel, there are certain steps in any case of suspect charging that need to be followed to show your bank that you have exhausted the available support provided by the company with no resolution before the bank is likely to help.

So deep breath, take a step back, compose and send the email, wait maybe 7 working days, if no luck, then contact your bank and start the process of a reversal of the charge.

Thank you for the clear info i will do this 😄

I normally used paypal for anything foreign seeing paypal is... well foreign XD and they are less archaic then dutch banks wich barely know internet exists.

If you like the quality Tidal had, then consider Amazon Music HD. It's less then half the price if you already have prime, has better quality Audio and a bigger Library.

I don't even know why Tidal exists anymore.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Hey thanks for letting me know about amazon music HD.

Sadly amazon music is no available in netherlands it seems.

There is no "prime music" option from the drop down menu and when i try to use the german webpage it tells me to use the dutch amazon page to get prime music.

And clicking the redirect to dutch amazon prime shows me they offer only : free shipping / prime gaming / prime video / amazon photos.

I do have prime video but nothing else i think ? i do get a twitch prime once a month.

Amazon feels like a maze to me XD Out here amazon isnt as big seeing we had Bol way before amazon arrived.

Their prime video is 2,99 a month here XD but required a credit card wich basicly nobody has/uses.

Ok this might be a dumb advice, but you mentioned that you have two email addresses, right? It seems like your email communication has happened through address X but your Tidal account is under address Y. Have you tried using address Y (the one you actually signed up at Tidal with) to ask for support? I mean, if I were in charge of any business dealing with financial transactions, I'd be wary to give any info out about some other email address just because they provide me with some "proof" that can easily be doctored. 

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

• 2 weeks later...

It has been solved 😄

After my last responce mentioning its starting to feel like a card scam seeing they asked for card/personal info over and over again.

As in respond to a request about card/personal info with said info and receiving the exact same question but worded diffrently again.

As i also said i wouldnt hand out previously given information and they would just have to read the earlyer responses i had given.

I did not receive any response for a longer time then usual, however once i did receive a response the problem was magicly solved [eventhough they claimed i didnt exist and never payed them money]

And they even set the starting date to the day the problem was solved so that id have the full payed for month.

I can only gather from this experience that cooperating with tidal leads to an endless loop of answering the same questions over and over again.

But mentioning youll try to get help from another source like the bank or legal aid gets you actual help instead of a basic questionair ?

Im obviously kidding more then likely they wer to stupid to read replys or did not even know there wer replys and maybe only see the original question?

Who knows either way good luck to any1 who needs their help when something goes wrong.

Edit : Fyi i marked some1 advicing better services as the solution seeing i cant advice any1 using tidal at this point.

Sadly out here there are no services that offer the same audio quality.

After my month is over i will go back to finding music by accident until streaming services out here get in the game.

@mebaby2

You can just activate amazone music with your Dutch account.

Just go to https://music.amazon.com/ and login with your Amazon account. Then get the trail to check it out, just remember to stop before the trails ends 😄 

Edit: Amazon is upgrading everyone to HD/Lossless just not NL just yet.