Why my Virtual Machine have same Public IP with host system? (VMWare Workstation)

Go to solution Solved by Kilrah,

Becasue they're all reaching the internet from the same internet connection, which the public IP is attached to. You won't have different public IPs without using VPNs on each. 

In short,
So I'm using vmware workstation pro to running my virtual machine. The host system is running win 10 and my 2 VMs running windows 11. Both of my virtual machine have different local IP addresses from each other and the host system. But I notice that their public IP address is same with my host system.

What I want
1. All my VMs have different public IP adress (to host system and each other)

Any solution?

Becasue they're all reaching the internet from the same internet connection, which the public IP is attached to. You won't have different public IPs without using VPNs on each. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

You either need a VPN on every VM or to buy a block of addresses from your ISP. Otherwise you're behind a single public IP address using NAT (or CG-NAT)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

12 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Thank you for answering quickly. I will mark your reply as solution. now I will research about good vpn provider

6 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You either need a VPN on every VM or to buy a block of addresses from your ISP. Otherwise you're behind a single public IP address using NAT (or CG-NAT)

"Buy a block of addresses from your ISP"  that's sound new to me. I will ask my ISP for that. Thnksss

Huh, because guests use host's internet connection lol. Hypervisor just NATs the host's internet. If you want a different address then either ask your ISP if they can provide you with secondary public IP and then configure one on the guest, or use VPN.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

15 hours ago, blueskysorrow said:

In short,
So I'm using vmware workstation pro to running my virtual machine. The host system is running win 10 and my 2 VMs running windows 11. Both of my virtual machine have different local IP addresses from each other and the host system. But I notice that their public IP address is same with my host system.

What I want
1. All my VMs have different public IP adress (to host system and each other)

Any solution?

The most common workaround to this is to get yourself a domain name, if needed setup DDNS then use a webserver to divide the domain up into virtual subdomains.

Doing this wont change the public IP but it will allow you to give each machine its own FQDN. For example on my domain I have mydomain.com as my landing page, pma.mydomain.com as my php,yadmin, plex.mydomain.com as a proxy to my Plex server etc etc. On my setup all my services are on the same machine so I can forward ports from my router to that one only, in your case you'd need to run the webserver on each machine with a different port for each then forward the relevant port from your router to the corresponding machine.

Edit - Thinking about it, if you were to buy a domain that supports DDNS (AFAIK almost all do) then you could create subdomains directly in your DNS zone using CNAME records.

Can I ask why you need this though?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Yep, doing the same here with a reverse proxy and DDNSed subdomains.

He most likely wants to run multiple servers of the same thing from the same place. If you do the above and use different ports for each server with the reverse proxy redirecting accordingly, no issue. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2