RAM not quite fitting in motherboard

So, recently I built this pc with a motherboard by gigabyte (a520m s2h) and obiously I'm using a Ryzen processor (ryzen 5 4650g)... The problem is that I think it's not properly installed, because the RAM seems to be pushed by the cpu's fan... Should I be worried?. By fortune, the RAM sticjs arennot being bented and the computer works properly, just fine, but I don't known if later on the RAM or the cpu fan could die.

IMG_20210624_192933.jpg

IMG_20210624_192925.jpg

That outer ring with the AMD logo on it can be removed.  It helps with airflow, but if your temps are good, you can try that.  You can also remove the fan and rotate it for more clearance possibly once that ring is off.

IMO - If its gently touching but no force it should be fine.

If there is any amount of pressure at all, technically over time it could cause a stress fracture inside the PCB and damage the MB/Ram/slot, a damaged part risk shorting out another component as well. I've seen motherboards with some pretty nasty curves still working flawlessly though.

I'd probably use a file/sand the extra plastic on the CPU cooler until they were no longer touching.

If you get a new cooler, you'll have to do some research to make sure the new one fits.

Remove the ring like mentioned above, I had a spare cooler lying around and just tried it, the outer ring shouldn't affect temps, the inner ring stays attached to the fan.

There are 2 little screws underneath, I broke them. I pulled on those 2 tabs and it popped off.

Inked20210624_220425_LI.jpg

20210624_220410.jpg

11 minutes ago, CryingWimp said:

If there is any amount of pressure at all, technically over time it could cause a stress fracture inside the PCB and damage the MB/Ram/slot, a damaged part risk shorting out another component as well. I've seen motherboards with some pretty nasty curves still working flawlessly though.

I'd probably use a file/sand the extra plastic on the CPU cooler until they were no longer touching.

If you get a new cooler, you'll have to do some research to make sure the new one fits.

Remove the ring like mentioned above, I had a spare cooler lying around and just tried it, the outer ring shouldn't affect temps, the inner ring stays attached to the fan

No reason to strike those lines out, you weren't wrong. =P

14 minutes ago, CryingWimp said:

Remove the ring like mentioned above, I had a spare cooler lying around and just tried it, the outer ring shouldn't affect temps, the inner ring stays attached to the fan. I pulled on those 2 tabs and it popped off.

Inked20210624_220425_LI.jpg

20210624_220410.jpg

Wow, awesome. Thank you so much for the support.

17 minutes ago, si1enze said:

That outer ring with the AMD logo on it can be removed.  It helps with airflow, but if your temps are good, you can try that.  You can also remove the fan and rotate it for more clearance possibly once that ring is off.

Temps are good, specially because I don't game on this pc at least not for now until I get a gpu... Thanks for the help!

Just now, Kevin_Silva said:

Temps are good, specially because I don't game on this pc at least not for now until I get a gpu... Thanks for the help!

No problemo!