My GPU committed sudoku so now I'm wondering what to do (IRL) any and all tips welcome. (non tech stuff)

aaradorn

So recently my GPU decided it's time to go, and left me in the dust, updated windows and had constant errors when it had to draw any power, you will be missed my friend.....

And if it's not obvious getting a new one isn't that easy so I'm looking to do some cool irl stuff, in the outside level of this game, scary, the sun has become very hot, not sure if I can handle that part of the game....

My region is still closed, we are still dealing with the C*vid event and I will get my first of 2 patches next month, shops and area's like the wild lands where animals are stuck in cages are still closed.. smh dev's to lazy to render the inside????

All the jokes aside, I tried going for a walk but the sun is killing me, I started cleaning my house but I quickly realized I need a big vehicle to transport some garbage out of my attic before I can really start the cleanup. I'm not really an outside person and I have been gaming for the last couple of years, y'all got any tips for me?

(yes I considered buying a scalped GPU and even though I have the budget for it I can't do it, those scalpers suck and I won't reward them)

Sudoku is a board game i think you mean seppuku 😄.

On another side, consider working out?

Reading books?

Work on old hobby?

learn programming?

Learn a new language?

I can go on but i think you get the point.

1 hour ago, Kadzo said:

Sudoku is a board game i think you mean seppuku 😄.

On another side, consider working out?

Reading books?

Work on old hobby?

learn programming?

Learn a new language?

I can go on but i think you get the point.

I know, don't wanna use the word seppuku as it means suicide so I decided on the more acceptable joke version.

Can't really learn programming without a working computer, unless I purchase some books or start coding on my phone.

Can't really work on old hobbies since most shops are still closed so I can't buy the required materials.

Finished all my books and libraries are closed...

Guess I'll go out and start fishing or something

1 hour ago, aaradorn said:

Can't really learn programming without a working computer, unless I purchase some books ore start coding on my phone.

No built in iGPU? Cheap video cards enough to get a display out can still be found. It's only gaming grade ones that are suffering.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

15 minutes ago, porina said:

No built in iGPU? Cheap video cards enough to get a display out can still be found. It's only gaming grade ones that are suffering.

Sadly I'm using an Ryzen 7 2700x so no IGPU, I could buy a cheap GPU but I'm rocking a 3440 x 1440 ultrawide. I guess I could still use it for simpler games.

21 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

Sadly I'm using an Ryzen 7 2700x so no IGPU, I could buy a cheap GPU but I'm rocking a 3440 x 1440 ultrawide. I guess I could still use it for simpler games.

Gotcha, probably need a fairly recent GPU to drive that at 60 Hz or higher. Older standards I think would limit it to 50 or 30 Hz which is still be usable as a desktop.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

19 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

I could buy a cheap GPU but I'm rocking a 3440 x 1440 ultrawide.

On ebay I found some very cheap NVS510 cards which have 4x DP 1.2 outputs, one of those would let you use your computer at least, though not for games. Then you could consider a cloud gaming subscription if you have a good internet connection. Or you could try learning how to do some other stuff with your pc, like programming or photo editing.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

10 minutes ago, Sauron said:

On ebay I found some very cheap NVS510 cards which have 4x DP 1.2 outputs, one of those would let you use your computer at least, though not for games. Then you could consider a cloud gaming subscription if you have a good internet connection. Or you could try learning how to do some other stuff with your pc, like programming or photo editing.

Ooh that's actually a good idea, I could use some simple cloud gaming setup for a couple of months until I can finally get an 3080(ti) thanks for the tip

25 minutes ago, porina said:

Gotcha, probably need a fairly recent GPU to drive that at 60 Hz or higher. Older standards I think would limit it to 50 or 30 Hz which is still be usable as a desktop.

You call 30Hz usable? anything below 60Hz would be a stutter filled mess even for daily use.

55 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

I couldn't find a GPU so I bought an old Gameboy and I've been fixing it over the past few days, hoping to play some Super Mario World...

that sounds like fun

7 hours ago, aaradorn said:

I know, don't wanna use the word seppuku as it means suicide so I decided on the more acceptable joke version.

I always say sudoku and it confuses the shit out people every time. It's kind of depressing that they don't get the joke.

#Muricaparrotgang

If you have a bike, I have fun riding around and exploring (though I've explored pretty much everywhere now, just need to wait for some construction to finish to get the past part).

If you want time-sucking games to play, consider picking up one of the 3DS console series (I play on a New 3DS XL and love it, though they're quite expensive now) and one of the Pokemon duos - X/Y, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Sun/Moon, Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon and then attempt to collect all the starter/Legendary/Mythical Pokemon (along with leveling them up fully). I'm currently doing X/Y and have spent more than 125 hours doing it, though 80 hours of that is grinding for levels.

elephants

6 hours ago, WickedThunder86 said:

You call 30Hz usable? anything below 60Hz would be a stutter filled mess even for daily use.

30hz >>> 0hz

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…