Oneplus to further integrate into Oppo

TheFlyingSquirrel

Summary

Pete Lau co-founder of Oneplus have told the forum that it will be further integrating into Oppo.

Currently they share Assembly lines and Pete oversees product  strategy for Oppo and Oneplus.

Oneplus brand and Oxygen OS will stay independent outside China.

Pete says software update will be more stable

Update: 06/07/21

The code based behind ColorOS and OxygenOS will be combined.  Oneplus have offered 3 major Android updates for all flagships from OP8. 2 major Android updates for NORD.

Quotes

As many of you know, last year I took on some additional responsibilities to oversee product strategy for both OnePlus and OPPO. Since then, we have integrated a number of our teams together with OPPO to better streamline our operations and capitalize on additional shared resources. After seeing positive impact from those changes, we’ve decided to further integrate our organization with OPPO.

My thoughts

Oneplus and Oppo already had the same parent company, the running joke was that they were Oppo, but this is significant, as after a year of flooding the market at different pricepoint, the Oneplus brand will start to disappear where the Oppo brand is preferred. 

Sources

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/a-new-journey-for-oneplus.1454492/

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

The move is funny given OnePlus brand was the best case example within BBK group. Literally all others are rubbish when it comes to software and support quality and they all just spam rehashes of the same things under different names. Realme, Vivo, Oppo, same crap. Only OnePlus was following more Apple like release schedule with roughly 3-4 models a year (regular, pro and refresh). The last "integration" back into BBK fodder already spawned bunch of weird unnecessary Nord models.

I just don't get what's up with Chinese brands just vomiting models at every single $1 price point difference and doing rebrands of rebrands and having 6 sub brands doing same shit under different names just saturating market to a point bunch of newbs think they are choosing between different brands and they unknowingly end up choosing between renamed models that all come from same parent company like BBK. Can't think of any other reason, but it's nonsensical, stupid and knowing they churn out so many models I know for a fact any kind of software support will be shit at best. There is just no way anyone can properly support so many different models. And situation is exactly that way. All the BBK brands have pathetic software support and OnePlus was the best of all of them. And they are ruining that too now.

4 hours ago, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

Pete Lau co-founder of Oneplus have told the forum that will be further integration into Oppo.

What?

More unneccessary tracking perhaps? That's what most of these custom Android skins do anyway, besides pushing products that people don't want nor don't need.

Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia Quadro P400 | Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX | Klevv Bolt XR 2x8GB DDR4-3600 CL18

Acer Chromebook C720 @ GalliumOS

4 hours ago, RejZoR said:

All the BBK brands have pathetic software support and OnePlus was the best of all of them. And they are ruining that too now.

One can only hope the degradation of OnePlus doesn't go too far.

6 hours ago, thechinchinsong said:

One can only hope the degradation of OnePlus doesn't go too far.

Oneplus has now shot to shit. Their phones don't make sense at the price point, they are releasing shitty nord models, they are just losing the goodwill that they built up. Earlier I would reccomend people to buy op(I own one), but now it is just oppo with another name. And Oppo phones are the worst type of shit out there.

BBK blew up its most valuable asset over making some money. OP 9, nord etc are all just shitshows of a phone. 900 bux? Are you fucking serious?  I would buy a Samsung galaxy or even an iphone(I love sideloading tho).

I am still seeing how much time my phone will take to die, but it has been running fine for the past three-four years. After that I would buy a pixel or an iphone(I don't want ads in my phone). Most probably the pixel, but google needs to improve their spec game.

I mean their software is still decent, I think their version of Android is one of the more palatable ones for me. Pricing they can work on since I think they're just testing the waters for high end and have trouble coming to terms with the fact that other phone manufacturers are releasing better budget phones now (Google's pixels and Apple's cheaper iphones). OnePlus has to capitalize on their next generation if they want to stay relevant. I can't seem find any Nord model that's above like 400$ US from the N100, N10 5G, CE 5G, and most of those aren't sold in the US so I can't really compare very well. Can you point me to the model that sells for 900$?

2 hours ago, thechinchinsong said:

I mean their software is still decent, I think their version of Android is one of the more palatable ones for me. Pricing they can work on since I think they're just testing the waters for high end and have trouble coming to terms with the fact that other phone manufacturers are releasing better budget phones now (Google's pixels and Apple's cheaper iphones). OnePlus has to capitalize on their next generation if they want to stay relevant. I can't seem find any Nord model that's above like 400$ US from the N100, N10 5G, CE 5G, and most of those aren't sold in the US so I can't really compare very well. Can you point me to the model that sells for 900$?

OP 9. At least in India, it sells at that price. That price is completely idiotic considering you can get phones with better haptics, speakers etc(stuff that doesn't come on specsheets)

As a OnePlus owner, I would like them to go a different direction. Why not become a completely independent company, I mean they already have a dedicated fan base in the US and EU...

On 6/23/2021 at 5:39 PM, HempBoosh said:

As a OnePlus owner, I would like them to go a different direction. Why not become a completely independent company, I mean they already have a dedicated fan base in the US and EU...

Probably still not enough number to support independent operation and manufacturing.

Seeing only Realme managed to breakout from Oppo, it seems like company need a LOT and LOTS of sales to justify being independent.

Oppo and Vivo spec is shit compared to Xiaomi and Realme, but their service centers here in indonesia are literally everywhere and spares are always ready stock.