EATX Case Woes

Beat_my_Laptop

I'm buying used & refurbished parts to build my pc, the trouble is I don't know what parts I need to accommodate because there's a range of parts that will suite my needs & I am willing to buy whichever comes into my budget.

The smallest configuration is: Ryzen 9 5950x, Gigabyte Aorus Pro X570 (ATX), Quadro P4000, custom soft line water loop.

The largest is Threadripper Pro 3975WX, MSI Creator TRX40 (EATX), Quadro P4000, custom soft line water loop, IPS Firewall, UPS, Arduino Uno with sensors & display, 1-4 Rasberry Pi's.

I'll wait to get a case until I have the parts but I'm working with a slim budget, $150 for the case, fans, & any cables/cable management needed. Do y'all have any good recommendations for EATX cases?

I'm willing to build a case from scrap, hell, I'll gut a microwave to put my pc inside if its cheap. I have a dremel, drill, & spray paint. Should I just by a metal box or some sheet metal if I'm unhappy with cases?

Enthoo Pro 2?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

28 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Enthoo Pro 2?

I'm leary of going full tower if I don't have to, though a used Enthoo Pro 2 on Ebay would be worth considering, thanks

Lian Li 011D Mini? Im running a 2nd gen threadripper system in one with hardline watercooling. 

if you are willing to get a little creative this case can fit massive systems, but is proper tiny.

682052261_therig.thumb.jpg.c98501ffb9bb22f26902e97fd7663e58.jpg

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

Lian Li 011D Mini? Im running a 2nd gen threadripper system in one with hardline watercooling. 

if you are willing to get a little creative this case can fit massive systems, but is proper tiny.

682052261_therig.thumb.jpg.c98501ffb9bb22f26902e97fd7663e58.jpg

This case looks absolutely lovely, the pc inside looks good too, thank you.

Also, I heard you weren't supposed have radiators at the bottom because it can warm your PC (heat rising, convection currents) how has your experience been?

6 minutes ago, Beat_my_Laptop said:

I heard you weren't supposed have radiators at the bottom because it can warm your PC

that's only partially true. it;s true that if you are running a semi passive system, convection will matter. but literally any fan, no matter how small or slow, will overpower convection.

i've been watercooling in many different systems for years, and i have never seen any negative consequences from bottom mounted rads.

42 minutes ago, Beat_my_Laptop said:

This case looks absolutely lovely, the pc inside looks good too, thank you.

Also, I heard you weren't supposed have radiators at the bottom because it can warm your PC (heat rising, convection currents) how has your experience been?

ya just dont make the cpu block the heights  point and your good.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

E-ATX isn't a real form factor, or standard.  You will have to compare the actual board width to the case(s) you're interested in and decide.

GN has a lot of rants about this specific detail in case reviews.

with an EATX board you your options on a mid tower could be limited. using pcpartpiocker.com i took over 4300 cases down to 70. Choose A Case - PCPartPicker

of these 70 i would reccomend looking into the fractal design meshify 2 and meshify 2 XL. Meshify 2 — Fractal Design (fractal-design.com)

Meshify 2 XL Light Tempered Glass — Fractal Design (fractal-design.com)

5 hours ago, tkitch said:

GN has a lot of rants about this specific detail in case reviews.

Gn?

3 minutes ago, Beat_my_Laptop said:

Gn?

Gamers Nexus, I believe this is the video where he rants on E-ATX not being an actual standard:

You could always look for old cases. I picked one of these up for $80 AUD as new-old stock:
https://overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/aerocool_x-predator_evil/1

Only problem is that there are no real replacements for the original 230mm fans when they die. You have to go with smaller fans.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL