Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm buying used & refurbished parts to build my pc, the trouble is I don't know what parts I need to accommodate because there's a range of parts that will suite my needs & I am willing to buy whichever comes into my budget.

The smallest configuration is: Ryzen 9 5950x, Gigabyte Aorus Pro X570 (ATX), Quadro P4000, custom soft line water loop.

The largest is Threadripper Pro 3975WX, MSI Creator TRX40 (EATX), Quadro P4000, custom soft line water loop, IPS Firewall, UPS, Arduino Uno with sensors & display, 1-4 Rasberry Pi's.

I'll wait to get a case until I have the parts but I'm working with a slim budget, $150 for the case, fans, & any cables/cable management needed. Do y'all have any good recommendations for EATX cases?

I'm willing to build a case from scrap, hell, I'll gut a microwave to put my pc inside if its cheap. I have a dremel, drill, & spray paint. Should I just by a metal box or some sheet metal if I'm unhappy with cases?

Enthoo Pro 2?

Friends don't let friends use Userbenchmark. Ban the term "bottleneck." Corps aren't your friends. If the PC does what you need it to do well enough, it's good enough. Don't build the "best" system, build the system that makes you happy. 

System specs:

Ryzen 5 5600X w/Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo | ASRock B550 PG Velocita | Radeon RX 6800 Reference

16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600mhz CL16 | 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 3TB Toshiba P300

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact | Seasonic Focus GX 750W

28 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Enthoo Pro 2?

I'm leary of going full tower if I don't have to, though a used Enthoo Pro 2 on Ebay would be worth considering, thanks

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

Lian Li 011D Mini? Im running a 2nd gen threadripper system in one with hardline watercooling. 

if you are willing to get a little creative this case can fit massive systems, but is proper tiny.

682052261_therig.thumb.jpg.c98501ffb9bb22f26902e97fd7663e58.jpg

This case looks absolutely lovely, the pc inside looks good too, thank you.

Also, I heard you weren't supposed have radiators at the bottom because it can warm your PC (heat rising, convection currents) how has your experience been?

6 minutes ago, Beat_my_Laptop said:

I heard you weren't supposed have radiators at the bottom because it can warm your PC

that's only partially true. it;s true that if you are running a semi passive system, convection will matter. but literally any fan, no matter how small or slow, will overpower convection.

i've been watercooling in many different systems for years, and i have never seen any negative consequences from bottom mounted rads.

-Phoenix-

BlackMac Woody Clack Virtuality Lil'Lad Plot-Device

all your proteins are belong to us.

42 minutes ago, Beat_my_Laptop said:

This case looks absolutely lovely, the pc inside looks good too, thank you.

Also, I heard you weren't supposed have radiators at the bottom because it can warm your PC (heat rising, convection currents) how has your experience been?

ya just dont make the cpu block the heights  point and your good.

E-ATX isn't a real form factor, or standard.  You will have to compare the actual board width to the case(s) you're interested in and decide.

GN has a lot of rants about this specific detail in case reviews.

5 hours ago, tkitch said:

GN has a lot of rants about this specific detail in case reviews.

Gn?

3 minutes ago, Beat_my_Laptop said:

Gn?

Gamers Nexus, I believe this is the video where he rants on E-ATX not being an actual standard:

You could always look for old cases. I picked one of these up for $80 AUD as new-old stock:
https://overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/aerocool_x-predator_evil/1

Only problem is that there are no real replacements for the original 230mm fans when they die. You have to go with smaller fans.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL