HELP!!!! RMA nightmare Gigabyte X570 Xtreme

bigluke82
On 6/15/2021 at 9:22 AM, Mark Kaine said:

Also *important*: did gigabyte sent you any emails/notices about damage *before* shipping it back?

I sent a GTX 1660 Super back when it developed artifacts after three months.  They sent me note when it was received and when it was serviced though they were not terribly informative as to what if anything was wrong with it.  I had bought another GPU (MSI) as I needed one for work and have not tried out the Gigabyte card.  Of course this was all before the big price increases and now the Gigabyte card lists for $700 if you can find one.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

3 hours ago, bigluke82 said:

i just received this form gigabyte they never even had the board 

Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 15.59.30.png

What country are you in? Here in the States you do your own RMA with the manufacturer. 

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

Here in the States you do your own RMA with the manufacturer. 

Same here (germany) However… usually you go to your "dealer" and they will exchange the goods if deemed faulty (theyll either test it or just believe the customer ) but that seems to have changed recently and apparently they do some sort of "RMA" now sometimes … 

But its not usual in my experience, you usually get a new item right away.

You can also initialize an RMA yourself of course, but then you usually have to pay for shipping, so its not really the preferred way to do this.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 hours ago, bigluke82 said:

i just received this form gigabyte they never even had the board 

So, you didnt get the board sent back from gigabyte directly…?

That changes things slightly of course.

Was this an online retailer? Sounds like it from the name, never heard of them though…

Edit: ah, i see, this is basically.a scammer, tells you you get your money back and then.sends you a thrashed mobo instead… gg

I would really try to get your money back. If you paid with paypal they will probably help you. Otherwise maybe your bank will as mentioned. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 6/15/2021 at 12:04 PM, bigluke82 said:

like i said have tried that they delete the posts and block who ever posts instantly your more than happy to try  https://xtremmedia.com/

Blast them on Twitter, they still can block you, but everyone else will see you tagging them ;

https://twitter.com/xtremmedia

Feel free to link to this thread also, so that people can see the pictures and have the full story 😉

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !