HELP!!!! RMA nightmare Gigabyte X570 Xtreme

bigluke82

6 weeks ago i sent my motherboard off for rma after testing everything in the build took 15 days 1 day more than i was aloud to return it for a refund.

The pc would crash no matter what i did and justy reboot, not only when trying to install windows but even tried Unraid and PopOs still the same, also the usb type C ports did not work, after trying the cpu, ram, Gpu amd even the NVME drives to see if they were the problem i sent the board off, it come back yesterday looking like scrap not only has it not been sorted it is now bent and looks like it has been used as a football the packing was was perfect just the board mangled and half the accessory's missing for the box i know it has only been a day since it has been back but i am not getting a response to my emails and just feel robbed dose anyone have a way of getting hold of anyone at gigabyte for some assistance with this 

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

That's a pretty unacceptable RMA imo. That motherboard is in horrible condition. I've read a lot of horror stories about Gigabyte's customer service being absolute shit and is seen through their products, which I'd stay far away from Gigabyte for that reason. If you paid via a credit card, I'd try and file a chargeback so you can get your money back and buy another X570 motherboard from another company, such as ASUS and MSI. 

On a side note, if it wasn't working out of the box, I would have returned it immediately and stopped trying to get it to work if it takes hours to do so. The motherboard is new and should work out of the box, otherwise, something is wrong. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

6 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

That's a pretty unacceptable RMA imo. That motherboard is in horrible condition. I've read a lot of horror stories about Gigabyte's customer service being absolute shit and is seen through their products, which I'd stay far away from Gigabyte for that reason. If you paid via a credit card, I'd try and file a chargeback so you can get your money back and buy another X570 motherboard from another company, such as ASUS and MSI. 

On a side note, if it wasn't working out of the box, I would have returned it immediately and stopped trying to get it to work if it takes hours to do so. The motherboard is new and should work out of the box, otherwise, something is wrong. 

the hole build was new so had to try and find the problem with it i am starting legal action today regarding this i have another board in myt rig right now but this is the only one tha ts has the feacher set that i want and need 

47 minutes ago, bigluke82 said:

the hole build was new so had to try and find the problem with it i am starting legal action today regarding this i have another board in myt rig right now but this is the only one tha ts has the feacher set that i want and need 

I hope you have pics from before you sent it in, otherwise they will probably just say you damaged the board yourself. Good luck in any case though!

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Go to your bank and reverse the transaction.  Let them handle this with gigabyte.  My 2 copper coins.  

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

13 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Go to your bank and reverse the transaction.  Let them handle this with gigabyte.  My 2 copper coins.  

Why would the bank do anything about this? As far as they are concerned, their customer (OP) authorised the transaction and received the product, it is no longer the bank's responsibility to "handle" anything.

It is not a bank's place to get involved in situations like this. 

If gigabyte aren't responding, then they should be going to their consumer protection commission of their country.

source: I work in a bank.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Why would the bank do anything about this? As far as they are concerned, their customer (OP) authorised the transaction and received the product, it is no longer the bank's responsibility to "handle" anything.

If gigabyte aren't responding, then they should be going to their consumer protection commission of their country.

A good bank will do this however. Source: own experience

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

15 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Maybe it's just not a thing in Australia. No bank here would ever get involved in such a dispute, because that goes against the Code of Banking Practice which all financial institutions have to abide by

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

19 minutes ago, Arika S said:

When you authorize a transaction, and do not receive what you agreed to transact for is when you do this.  Where I bank (a major institution) - All it takes is a phone call with an explanation, sometimes (and in cases like this I hope he has his before photos) it takes an email of some proof that its a bad sale.

It is the banks place to get involved - if my bank did not, in the times I need them to be involved - I would find another bank.  (major institution in the US, not some credit union stuff here Im talking about)

Source - How I handle all transactions that are not correct.  Each and every time.  And I have not once had an issue with the bank recalling the monies and I have never had the business party win (me get the money re-drafted from my account) the argument with the bank.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

3 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

When you authorize a transaction, and do not receive what you agreed to transact for is when you do this.  Where I bank (a major institution) - All it takes is a phone call with an explanation, sometimes (and in cases like this I hope he has his before photos) it takes an email of some proof that its a bad sale.

It is the banks place to get involved - if my bank did not, in the times I need them to be involved - I would find another bank.  (major institution in the US, not some credit union stuff here Im talking about)

Source - How I handle all transactions that are not correct.  Each and every time.  And I have not once had an issue with the bank recalling the monies and I have never had the business party win (me get the money re-drafted from my account) the argument with the bank.

As i mentioned above, It may just be a US thing, it sure isn't something that can be done in Australia. 

edit: and i can see it being so very open to fraud where someone receives an item, says it doesn't work, then just goes to their bank, then they have their money and the item.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

38 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

22 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Doesn’t work that way.

You can’t initiate a chargeback because you’re unhappy with a manufacturer. Chargebacks are exclusively for issues with merchants failing to either deliver product, return product or committing fraud.

Did OP receive their product and make no attempt at returning it during the return period? Yes? Then the merchant is no longer liable and a chargeback is no longer an option.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

9 minutes ago, Arika S said:

As i mentioned above, It may just be a US thing, it sure isn't something that can be done in Australia. 

I can see that too, here in germany not every bank does this, hence i said "good bank"… i also kinda assumed you're in america where i know this is totally an usual thing to do, but it can obviously be different in australia.

11 minutes ago, Arika S said:

and i can see it being so very open to fraud where someone receives an item, says it doesn't work, then just goes to their bank, then they have their money and the item.

agreed, but the counter side is it protects customers from fraud, scam, etc. it turns the burden of prove so to say…

Just in this case (hypothetically)

Gigabyte will say "customer induced damage, not our problem" leaving the customer with very little options…

But if the customer gets the money back, its on Gigabyte to prove they didnt fuck up the RMA here…

Its just pro consumer all around, also Im pretty sure if someone does this often the bank will look at it more closely.

But in any case, as said, i hope OP has before pictures, otherwise this is a toss up, legally (still better if your bank helps you obviously)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, bigluke82 said:

it come back yesterday looking like scrap not only has it not been sorted it is now bent and looks like it has been used as a football the packing was was perfect just the board mangled and half the accessory's missing for the box i know it has only been a day since it has been back but i am not getting a response to my emails and just feel robbed dose anyone have a way of getting hold of anyone at gigabyte for some assistance with this 

Also *important*: did gigabyte sent you any emails/notices about damage *before* shipping it back?

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Tristerin said:

i have approached my card company as i have payment protection they are attempting to contact them they have a proses they say can take upto 28days 

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

Also *important*: did gigabyte sent you any emails/notices about damage *before* shipping it back?

no infarct when i sent it for rma it and all the accessory had to be inspected and check as in spain if anything is missing or there is signs of negligent damage warranty can be refused we have to keep everything for 2 hole years here or cant send anything for any sort of rma

2 hours ago, Arika S said:

edit: and i can see it being so very open to fraud where someone receives an item, says it doesn't work, then just goes to their bank, then they have their money and the item.

Yup, and thus why I dont take advantage of the system.

2 hours ago, Roswell said:

Doesn’t work that way.

You can’t initiate a chargeback because you’re unhappy with a manufacturer. Chargebacks are exclusively for issues with merchants failing to either deliver product, return product or committing fraud.

Being unhappy is not what the OP issue is.  They sent him a broken item.  All other details are irrelevant if he didnt cause the damage himself.

2 hours ago, Roswell said:

Doesn’t work that way.

Did OP receive their product and make no attempt at returning it during the return period? Yes? Then the merchant is no longer liable and a chargeback is no longer an option.

what i did was spoke to the merchant from day one, i returned the board to them in prestian condition that they agreed on, they then told me 10-15 working days maximum or they will refund me. 30 working days later after ignoring me for 2 hole weeks they sent me back the mangled mess of a motherboard you can see in the photos.

today i have sent 20 emails to them and i have been speaking to gigabyte who are saying the board has never been sent to them and i have been relaying the emails to them i can see that they have read them but they are not responding to me.

i have put a link to the site below they have blocked me and over 20 others today for posting on there facebook page it is a complete all the same photos and asking when they are going to ether refund or replace 

as it stands right now i am just under 1000euros out of pocket and my dream pc well it's almost what i wanted it to be just not quite and it dose not look like it will ever be what i planned 

https://xtremmedia.com/

Blast them on SM; you'll get better and faster results than through normal channels.

Source: Me, ASUS, AMD, Twitter and reddit.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 minute ago, Mister Woof said:

Blast them on SM; you'll get better and faster results than through normal channels.

Source: Me, ASUS, AMD, and reddit.

like i said have tried that they delete the posts and block who ever posts instantly your more than happy to try  https://xtremmedia.com/

3 minutes ago, bigluke82 said:

like i said have tried that they delete the posts and block who ever posts instantly your more than happy to try  https://xtremmedia.com/

Perhaps file a complaint with whatever consumer protection agency you have locally. I don't really know from here, sorry.

This is definitely disappointing to hear, since I generally like Gigabyte. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

13 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Perhaps file a complaint with whatever consumer protection agency you have locally. I don't really know from here, sorry.

This is definitely disappointing to hear, since I generally like Gigabyte. 

im using a master x570 that i bought as a tem replacement i think this mite be more the retailer 

7 minutes ago, bigluke82 said:

im using a master x570 that i bought as a tem replacement i think this mite be more the retailer 

well if Gigabyte isn't resolving the RMA process, that's on them

i just received this form gigabyte they never even had the board 

Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 15.59.30.png

I just won an X570 Aorus Elite from the Newegg shuffle, hope it doesn’t come in that condition!

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

1 minute ago, RoseLuck462 said:

I just won an X570 Aorus Elite from the Newegg shuffle, hope it doesn’t come in that condition!

this is not a reflection on gigabyte they did not even have the board for rma this is the retailer Xtremmedia i am currently using a gigabyte x570 master it is fantastic