Is DayZ dead?

BloodWithIce

It's undead. Get it, undead? because it's a zombie game and stuff.

pun-dog-pun-husky-00.jpg

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Dont pick it up until launch + ARMA 3 imo is better...a lot better and has a lot more play time and potential.

Buy it now while it's cheap, play it later, like a lot of people did.

It's definitely not dead. Just spent the last 4 hours with my buds fighting in the rugged terrain of the zombie world to survive. Peeps are some mean to new spawns!

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

I Played DayZ For Around 60 Hours When It Got Realeased But Now I'm Back to the Mod Again :)

I know for myself and my friends, we're currently awaiting for new content to be added.

We've played the current alpha to death, and there's only so much fun you can have starting over again and building up supplies until you enough to survive. Once bases and vehicles are back in, I'm sure we'll get a lot more play time out of it.

They are pathetic moneysuckers

They really state everywhere they can that you shouldn't buy the game if you don't want a really buggy, unfinished game. They give us the chance to already get the game for a lower price and to follow the development if you're interested. I think that they do a great job.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

They really state everywhere they can that you shouldn't buy the game if you don't want a really buggy, unfinished game. They give us the chance to already get the game for a lower price and to follow the development if you're interested. I think that they do a great job.

I feel like they were just cashing in the succes of the Arma mod and now just do it very slowly because they've made millions already.

I think sticking with the engine they chose was a terrible choice. Arma 3 has significant performance improvements that they should have taken advantage of. There is simply no excuse for a game to run at 20fps on modern hardware while looking like Arma 2. 

They're trying awfully hard to polish a turd instead of switching to something that works better already. And don't give me the "its alpha, performance will improve" argument. I've heard that before & it's simply not going to happen unless they switch engines.

And this is coming from someone who played the hell out of the mod. I really want DayZ to be a good game but I just think they'll never get it up to par and if they do it will be too late. 

CPU - 3770k @ 4.7GHz | Motherboard - Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB @ 1600 | GPU - EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX (2x SLI) | Case - Coolermaster HAF XM | Cooling - CM EVO 212 | Storage - Corsair Force 3 90GB | WD 2TB x 2 | PSU - Thermaltake SMART 850W | Display - Asus VG248QE 144hz + GSYNC kit |  Mouse - R.A.T. 7 | Sound - Creative Titanium X-FI HD | DT990 | ATH-M50 | ATH-AD700

I have it but I'm not going to be playing it much until it is at least as good as the mod was. On epoch servers the game is amazing with base building, economies, money and everything and the standalone has none of it yet. Plus its still far more buggy than the mod