i5 4670k delidding now broken

so i delidded my i5 4670k all went well then i put the cpu back in etc but for got to put fan for cpu cooler to m/b.

so in went into temps on my m/b seen it was like 99 to 100 degrees and the turn off but before screen went funny like lots of pixals green ones.

now went i load up it alway work ok then green and purple pixals come back etc then will crash in the end. 

will sometimes say driver has stopped working etc.........

my question is have i fried my cpu if i replace it will it fix the problem

wish i never f##ked around with it i feel sick plz help..............

replacing it will fix it you just damaged the dye on the cpu

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Test the CPU with another motherboard. If the CPU is not damaged from delidding, it might survive a no fan run. The motherboard socket might have failed instead.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

so i delidded my i5 4670k all went well then i put the cpu back in etc but for got to put fan for cpu cooler to m/b.

so in went into temps on my m/b seen it was like 99 to 100 degrees and the turn off but before screen went funny like lots of pixals green ones.

now went i load up it alway work ok then green and purple pixals come back etc then will crash in the end. 

You probably destroyed the dye. if you have another motherboard I would try it in there . (You never know)

Bad luck for you, not sure why you did it?

I would of bought a H100i if you were having heating problems,  instead of chancing destroying your $200+ CPU. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

The amount of grammar on this forum is too damn low!.. aarrgghhh!!

Don't mess with your CPU if you don't know what you are doing. 

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Go to a local computer store and test it there. Those guys Will help you if you plan to but a mobo or cpi from them.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

ok thanks guys never going to mess with cpu again. cost to much money lol......................

ok thanks guys never going to mess with cpu again. cost to much money lol......................

t should be fine as long as it wasn't at 100c for long. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Well at least you learned the right lesson :)

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

RMA it to Intel. They accept RMAs from dilided CPUs.  Multiple people on Overclock.net have done it.

yes intel will except a delided cpu if there is no visible physical damage and you have proof of payment. it easier to deal with the retailer and have them send it in for you. I sent in a delided 4770k and they sent a new one back :)

place a couple of dabs of this product (dont over do it!) on the ihs and put the assembly back in the socket. make sure to center the ihs as best as you can. and let it set up for at least 12 hours before you remove it.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Permatex-Ultra-Black-Hi-Temp-RTV-Silicone-Gasket-Maker/16777009

There is a good chance your cpu is fine and not damaged. always clean the old adhesive from the chip and ihs.

do you have a gfx card or using on board?

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

yes intel will except a delided cpu if there is no visible physical damage and you have proof of payment. it easier to deal with the retailer and have them send it in for you. I sent in a delided 4770k and they sent a new one back :)

place a couple of dabs of this product (dont over do it!) on the ihs and put the assembly back in the socket. make sure to center the ihs as best as you can. and let it set up for at least 12 hours before you remove it.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Permatex-Ultra-Black-Hi-Temp-RTV-Silicone-Gasket-Maker/16777009

There is a good chance your cpu is fine and not damaged. always clean the old adhesive from the chip and ihs.

do you have a gfx card or using on board?

RMA it to Intel. They accept RMAs from dilided CPUs. Multiple people on Overclock.net have done it.

t should be fine as long as it wasn't at 100c for long.

Go to a local computer store and test it there. Those guys Will help you if you plan to but a mobo or cpi from them.

i was using a gtx 760 gpu.

i have took out my gpu and my system works fine. i think i have damage the part that controls the pci e lane ?

what do you guy think ?

i live in uk so dont have walmark. can i rma this chip do you think ?

i have took out my gpu and my system works fine. i think i have damage the part that controls the pci e lane ?

what do you guy think ?

its possible.

did you try the second pci slot?

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

its possible.

did you try the second pci slot?

yea i try second slot got same result.

i just dont think it my gpu as was working fine be fore delidding 

yea i try second slot got same result.

i just dont think it my gpu as was working fine be fore delidding 

did you bend any socket pins?

this can have the same effect

i dont think so there so small its hard to tell. 

but i would not think so i will check again 2moz.

also if i did it would prob not work now without gpu would it ?

Yes.... 

what do you guy think ?

As a european you have a mandatory 2 year warranty on any electronic item you buy. RMA it. They will likely have an RMA center in England or Ireland.

i dont think so there so small its hard to tell. 

but i would not think so i will check again 2moz.

also if i did it would prob not work now without gpu would it ?

depends on what pins got bent.

RMA it to Intel. They accept RMAs from dilided CPUs.  Multiple people on Overclock.net have done it.

^^^ Ding ding ding.

If there are any scratches, cracks, or bits missing from the die, you probably killed it (mainly with the cracks and missing bits). Sometimes scratches aren't very good either.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

depends on what pins got bent.

ok will double check but i find it really hard to see the pins. any use full tips on what area i most likely have bent ?

so i also tried my gpu gtx 760 card and same with card but looks fine without. i dont think it can be my card because only had problem since delidding.

what are your guy thoughts on this ?

(im asking everyone in general)