CPU pin help

There is a pin all the way down on the bottom corner that isn’t there, anyone know what’s it responsible for and can it still run

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Jaman34500 said:

There is a pin all the way down on the bottom corner that isn’t there, anyone know what’s it responsible for and can it still run

I'm sorry that this happened to you. I actually had my 5600x ,from Newegg, come in with bent pins all around the corners. I had to take an exacto knife and bend them back.

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

@SirWendallwill it run? Is there any way to put a pin back, I saw the legend for the critical stops for cpu and mine is missing a “critical” pin

3 minutes ago, Jaman34500 said:

@SirWendallwill it run?

I mean you can try, but I'm not held accountable if something breaks or shorts out. It may or may not happen. Could get lucky like Linus and it be a redundant pin.

GAMING RIG:

VR RIG:

If I understand the diagrams that @Middcore referenced, it the AZ_BITCLK pin, which apparently stands for "Azalia HD Audio Interface Bit Clock." Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the picture. Is that the pin that's missing?

2 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

If I understand the diagrams that @Middcore referenced, it the AZ_BITCLK pin, which apparently stands for "Azalia HD Audio Interface Bit Clock." Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the picture. Is that the pin that's missing?

I was gonna say it looks like it lines up with it being the DDDR B pin? Maybe?

GAMING RIG:

VR RIG:

It’s all the way down from the corner arrow pointing the Bottom right

image.jpg

* your thread was moved to the CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory section, please always post in the appropriate section *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

* your thread was moved to the CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory section, please always post in the appropriate section *

Oh, sorry about that

@YoungBlade @SirWendall I’m currently trying to make my own pc right now so I can’t test it, im still saving money for a mother board, and saving a Gpu I found for cheap and etc

5 minutes ago, Jaman34500 said:

@YoungBlade @SirWendall I’m currently trying to make my own pc right now so I can’t test it, im still saving money for a mother board, and saving a Gpu I found for cheap and etc

Are you able to return the CPU for a new one? If you're still saving money for the parts, then the few weeks for an RMA shouldn't be a huge deal. If the random people on reddit referenced in this thread are correct, then without that pin you won't be able to have working audio on your motherboard. And while sound cards are cheap, I don't know whether that issue would also extend to expansion cards or external sound cards.

2 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Are you able to return the CPU for a new one? If you're still saving money for the parts, then the few weeks for an RMA shouldn't be a huge deal. If the random people on reddit referenced in this thread are correct, then without that pin you won't be able to have working audio on your motherboard. And while sound cards are cheap, I don't know whether that issue would also extend to expansion cards or external sound cards.

I got this on EBay, and i’m going to try to fix I think, either I just heat it up and find a extra pin I can use or I can play it safe and just put the pin inside the socket and place the cpu like normal

you can also put the pim into the right hole and make sure its connected to the CPU.

Not sure if that is a great way to do it but, I think it may be possible to loose fit, not fully recommended and if one can add something to the pin to make an easier/better connect DIY style.

5 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

you can also put the pim into the right hole and make sure its connected to the CPU.

Not sure if that is a great way to do it but, I think it may be possible to loose fit, not fully recommended and if one can add something to the pin to make an easier/better connect DIY style.

Yeah, that’s what I mentioned. But I’m not sure if it would work and also where would I get another pin. I don’t got a spare one, and it’s not like someone’s selling 1 specific pin anywhere.

1 minute ago, Jaman34500 said:

Yeah, that’s what I mentioned. But I’m not sure if it would work and also where would I get another pin. I don’t got a spare one, and it’s not like someone’s selling 1 specific pin anywhere.

a good metal contact is maybe all needed, but sure, it can be hard to find something that fits or does the job without connecting to anything else creating a short.

58 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

I was looking at the Google Doc Spreadsheet

And according to a reply by Dijky on this reddit post, without the AZ_BITCLK pin, motherboard audio will not work.

Agreed - It's for the onboard audio to work but not a necessity for the chip itself to function.
If I'm not mistaken a soundcard will let you get around that problem.

DO NOT try to "Heat it up", you could make all the pins around it come loose too and then you will have a dead chip on your hands.
If you are not good with soldering, leave it alone because if you apply heat for too long to the pin, the heat will spread out through the PCB and affect other pins around it, that being the risk of this kind of work.
It should work as is so just go with it.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

13 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Agreed - It's for the onboard audio to work but not a necessity for the chip itself to function.
If I'm not mistaken a soundcard will let you get around that problem.

DO NOT try to "Heat it up", you could make all the pins around it come loose too and then you will have a dead chip on your hands.
If you are not good with soldering, leave it alone because if you apply heat for too long to the pin, the heat will spread out through the PCB and affect other pins around it, that being the risk of this kind of work.
It should work as is so just go with it.

Thanks but like I’ve metioned would it work if I plopped a pin in the socket where the pin would normally be in would it still work?

sort of, loose bits might not always create contact or be too short by falling into the socket instead of making contact to the CPU.

What about glue, I have a sort of persice glue from the gorilla brand, it would be thin so the pins still would have connection 

not recommended, maybe work?

in just that tiny area without spilling and able to stand the heat when in use?