What do you do in school when your bored?

brentdahamster

I'm litterly in school right now. Usually i just mess around online, usually on discord or youtube. But the school is having super super tight regulations for some reasons but i'm still getting around them. At least if the class/teacher lets us use our laptops in class, which is usually the case.

Work on my chipset database project, mostly. It's not fun when you have one screen and have to do split-screen but having a touchscreen makes it easier.

I'm done with up to Slot 1.

elephants

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

It's a school, those sites are not supposed to work on a school. A school is for learning and not for lollygagging. Why is everyone on this forum that goes to a school so incredibly lazy?

lmao sorry that schools boring, dad. I mean i dont really think im lazy, i do my homework at least when i can, i dont get the worst grades. School is just super boring and a bit much so i need to not do it

It's a school, those sites are not supposed to work on a school. A school is for learning and not for lollygagging. Why is everyone on this forum that goes to a school so incredibly lazy?

It just sometimes get boring listening to the teachers rambling on. I have As in 4 in my classes and the others are Bs.

17 minutes ago, Benji said:

Your location is listed as Germany, where children are, I understand, treated as what they actually are - smaller, less mature adults, with the same fundemental details聽as other humans. Now I don't mean to say you had it easy, but rather you probably saw school as your friend, rather than your enemy.

In the British schools I went to, it often felt like we were viewed as an entirely different species, and especially in the exam years were ridiculously overloaded with work, for many people to the point that they collapsed mentally under the stress.聽It is easy to understand why the average student would not want to suck up to this awful system - especially when to do so would give them an even greater workload.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber聽// beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

1 minute ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Your location is listed as Germany, where children are, I understand, treated as what they actually are - smaller, less mature adults.

In the British schools I went to, it often felt like we were viewed as an entirely different species, and especially in the exam years were ridiculously overloaded with work, for many people to the point that they collapsed mentally under the stress.聽It is easy to understand why the average student would not want to suck up to this awful system - especially when to do so would give them an even greater workload.

Ooooh that makes sense then. Lmao thats also kinda the same here too. Probably why not doing your work is so normal amoung students here. The school system sucks.

Most sites were locked on the school laptops and computers, besides adult content (yup, makes perfect sense).

I feel like they know what they doin at that point lmao 馃槒馃ゴ

In high school I completed the curriculum for computer science about 3 months ahead of schedule.聽 So me and the guy next to me just messed around with the CD-ROM drive on the computer.聽 We crammed like $20 in spare change into that thing before it gave up the ghost.聽

If I have to explain every detail, I won't talk to you.聽 If you answer a question with what can be found through 10 seconds of googling, you've contributed nothing, as I assure you I've already considered it.

What a world we would be living in if I had to post several paragraphs every time I ask a question.

Look at this thread. At least that's what I'm doing right now.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a聽few who put cryptic statements.

On 6/9/2021 at 5:44 PM, Benji said:

Sorry, but I was never that lazy. "Oh, I'm done with the bare minimum. Now I'm just doing nothing!" Nah.

it depends where you're working at

in some places where you're literally treated like a slave labor, I doubt that you'll be like that

On 6/9/2021 at 10:47 AM, Benji said:

If you went to school in the states, I think you might understand a little better.聽

Education is...lackluster(?)聽in most public school systems.聽

I play mine craft or fortnite or this game called lol beans or I look up random computer specs

On 6/9/2021 at 5:54 PM, pythonmegapixel said:

Your location is listed as Germany, where children are, I understand, treated as what they actually are - smaller, less mature adults, with the same fundemental details聽as other humans. Now I don't mean to say you had it easy, but rather you probably saw school as your friend, rather than your enemy.

While perhaps this is partially true, I don't think it's about being in Germany (or any other place for that matter).

It just depends on what kind of person you are. Some like school, others don't.聽I went to school in Holland, and I was always one of the laziest people around, doing just the bare minimum to get a sufficient grade and move on. (and a lot of others did the same) On the other hand, there were also people around more like @Benji.

It has to do with how higher grades don't actually make a difference. Here in Holland we use a 1-10 grading system, above 5.5 is sufficient. No one cares if you get a 6 or an 8 out of 10; both are sufficient in the end. Being excellent has no actual advantage but is just extra work. I had plenty of other things going on, and avoiding any kind of extra work/assignments was always an absolute no-brainer. At least, that's how I've always seen it.

I would skip and play video games, or read a subject I was actually interested in.

Failed High School.

Returned to college and got a 4.0 in every subject.聽

3 hours ago, akio123008 said:

It has to do with how higher grades don't actually make a difference.

I agree in a general sense, but not when it comes to subjects of international value like STEM.

In the states, excelling in these subjects can get you a free ride through college (High School), and land you an absurd employment contract before you even graduate from your classes (College).聽 I looked at a local job posting for a software engineer, offering up to $150,000.00 a year right out of the gate.聽 Mathematicians are hired immediately by the federal government, with a similar outlook for chemists and physicists.

This is why I always advised students who weren't sure on what they wanted to do yet:聽 Go into the work force until you know what your passion is, or get a degree that's of international value.聽 Something you never hear from a guidance counselor.

CPU: Ryzen 5900X | GPU: ASRock 6900XT | Drive: SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 1TB (x2) | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 64GB DDR4 3600 14-15-15-35 | MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Case: Fractal Design Define 7

Yes, I share it with friends, and bought this at MSRP.聽 I was a listmaster for several days in NY.

This is a screenshot I took of my school computer back in 2019. I eventually got caught and they wiped my account.

(look at the taskbar)

minecraft tnt on school computer.PNG

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

聽-Rakshit Jain

On 6/9/2021 at 4:54 PM, pythonmegapixel said:

God, I remember this. I think I only had one teacher who treated us like human beings.

Even as a teacher, I can say that the entire UK education system is fairly effed up. Even though we rank pretty damn well, I still think it's atrocious.

Luckily, I work in FE/HE, so it's pretty good. Our departments generally get our respective budget chucked at us and then we're left alone, Which is ideal. But I think my experience is skewed, as I teach theatre work, which is kinda niche and you do need a good work ethic to get anywhere in it.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Play multiplayer mobile games with my friends at聽the back row. Sadly, we haven't gone back to classes since the covid outbreak.