Do I need pressure relief valve?

Hi,

I recently built my 1st simple open loop water cooling with only the CPU for now, A friend of mine told me that there is a possibility that air with accumulate inside the loop or hot water will expand or blow the loop or whatever physics will do. 

Getting the valve in my country is hard, I need to order it thru Amazon and take many days, so it important?

I have EK S360 Classic kit.

thanks,

No you don't need a pressure relief valve.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Your reservoir takes care of that, leaving room for the water to expand and contract as the system heats and cools.

Otherwise you won’t ever see pressure high enough in a conventional loop to really be any concern.

since that is a soft tube kit, there really is no risk whatsoever. even if your reservoir is filled to the very top with no room for the fluid to expand, the tubes can still expand.

17 minutes ago, KhaderKh said:

Hi,

I recently built my 1st simple open loop water cooling with only the CPU for now, A friend of mine told me that there is a possibility that air with accumulate inside the loop or hot water will expand or blow the loop or whatever physics will do. 

Getting the valve in my country is hard, I need to order it thru Amazon and take many days, so it important?

I have EK S360 Classic kit.

thanks,

Not a concern at all. PC water loops will never have enough heat in them to cause a failure in this way. You would need to turn a very large % of the water into water vapor for this to be a concern, and if your loop was that hot, your PC would have overheated and melted itself way long before the water started to boil. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

def not a concern your computer will fail LONG before you build up any pressure to be remotely concerned about.

Jayztwocents did a vid a while back where he tested how much pressure different fittings could take before the tube popped out and lets just say that you will never get that much pressure in the loop, especially with soft tube.

I do it one rig. Not only for pressure but for the vacuum produced. Not worried about the other rigs as they dont change pump speed.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz